Mika Needs To Come To Texas

catwomanwithawhip

Preferably in my living room! I've done enough running around for Mika. He needs to just come over to my place now and save me the hassle. :wink2:

When we were expecting him in August I thought he would play the Kool Haus or the Phoenix which are large clubs that hold about 1,500 people. Now I'm thinking a Massey Hall sized venue is more likely. It's about the same size and layout as the Orpheum.

I lived in Vancouver in 1992/93 and was working for Barenaked Ladies booking agency so I had front row for their concert at the Orpheum. It's a great venue.

I saw U2 at BC Place which was fantastic. I had 13th row which was too far back for my tastes, but my seats were next to a catwalk and Bono spent the entire concert right beside me. The people in the front rows had to turn around to watch him.

Exactly ! my living room is best! I have not been running around because ( I don't have an endless bank account or time to spare) so yesssss he must come to us!!!!! Orpheum is a very good place! nice acoustics! I perform alot with my choir and the Vic Symphony so I know places that work very well.

if he comes to Toronto ! I will be there! even for a weekend ***suz looks for cheap westjet prices!*** and don't forget to visit here!!!!!!!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if he comes to Toronto ! I will be there! even for a weekend ***suz looks for cheap westjet prices!*** and don't forget to visit here!!!!!!!

That would be great! I wouldn't mind seeing him in Montréal too because he seemed to have such a good experience there the first time around.

If does go straight into a second album in January I don't know how they're going to handle the release and tour schedule this time to avoid the pitfalls of this year. I would imagine the UK and France will again take top priority because he's going to sell the most albums there to start.

If he doesn't come back to North America in 2008, I am so flying to Europe. I will never forgive the unfair cosmic whatevers that had me in LA four days before his last concert. So. Not. Fair. I wince just a little when the UK fans wax about their fifth (or more!) Mika concert.

Er, I mean, if he doesn't come back, I'll stop liking him altogether! And lollipops! And all things Mika-related! Hear that, boy? I'll be done with you - DONE! :roftl:

Nah, after the pilgrimage of North Americans to London that's taking place, he's gonna realize he has us completely hooked. Sigh.

Hey, maybe we could get some people who are going to dates on this tour to ask him, if they happent o meet him, what his plans are in January and February? Maybe we'd get some insight?

Hey, maybe we could get some people who are going to dates on this tour to ask him, if they happent o meet him, what his plans are in January and February? Maybe we'd get some insight?

One of the French contingents asked him about Montréal last week and he said he'd love to come back but doesn't know when. I think he's going to be non-committal.

But personally I'm going to guilt trip him about Canada if I get the chance. I don't anticipate any long chats but I'm going to write him a letter and should be able to get it to him at some point in 3 days, especially since Suzy has to give him an entire project on behalf of MFC.

I think any Canadian dates are going to be wholly dependent on his US plans which could kind of suck if he never takes off in the US. Like Robbie Williams, eventually he'll have to abandon his efforts and spend his precious time in the rest of the world.

Montreal here I come!

:biggrin2: :biggrin2:

I don't know about from Victoria, but for me (from Calgary) Toronto and Montreal are among the most expensive places to fly in North America. I have no idea why - you'd think there'd be a lot of competition because those are major business routes.

When we thought there might be a fall North American tour, I checked prices - depending on the day of the week, it was cheaper for me to fly to Miami than to Toronto. A random search just now turned up flights to NYC starting at $100 cheaper than to Toronto. :boxed:

I don't get airline pricing voodoo.

And that doesn't consider Western destinations - dirt cheap flights to California, Denver, and Phoenix because they're major hubs.

speaking of unfair cosmic whatnots, i was on a project in Austin and finished it abour 2 weeks before SXSW started up....wasn't obsessed with Mika yet at the time, but nevertheless missed my one chance at seeing him here!

Isn't that awful? My obsession started after my California trip was already booked, with a return ticket four days before his show. I kept hoping I'd bump into him in LA, but I guess I didn't ask loud enough for him to hear. :naughty:

Isn't that awful? My obsession started after my California trip was already booked, with a return ticket four days before his show. I kept hoping I'd bump into him in LA, but I guess I didn't ask loud enough for him to hear. :naughty:

Hey I had an idea this morning after seeing Robertina wearing a Canadian lanyard around her neck in some of the gig photos. I'm going to make Mika a laminated all access pass to Canada from Newfoundland to BC, valid for 2008. Kinda like this:

paulpass2.jpg

Do you think that will give him the hint? :naughty:

Hey I had an idea this morning after seeing Robertina wearing a Canadian lanyard around her neck in some of the gig photos. I'm going to make Mika a laminated all access pass to Canada from Newfoundland to BC, valid for 2008. Kinda like this:

paulpass2.jpg

I will have ten please!!!!!!!

I'd like Mika to come here! because we have no money to travel to europe or USA....hahaha

he said he doesn't know southamerica...if he knew us, he would be really glad!! haha we're really loyal and supportive, and here there's nice places to be a tourist....

Hey I had an idea this morning after seeing Robertina wearing a Canadian lanyard around her neck in some of the gig photos. I'm going to make Mika a laminated all access pass to Canada from Newfoundland to BC, valid for 2008.

Great idea! Maybe even a "backstage pass" to my b- (oops!:doh: ) I mean my LIVINGROOM! :naughty: