Language Lessons!

vixenbbw

I've been browsing in the Mika accent thread for a few days and everyone is sharing their wisdom on the correct use of their own language which got me thinking.......

Does anyone want to pick up a little of other peoples language in return for teaching someone else a little bit of theirs?

As a typical English person I don't speak another language although I know very basic school girl French.........which really upsets me and I'd love to learn from everyone on here at least a few basics of their languages.

I can just about translate a passage in French but have very little grammer to link words or say things correctly. I see that everyone thinks that Mika's grammer is good, probably due to picking it up as a small child naturally rather than having to learn it, so I guess it's easy for him to build on his vocabulary and apply the rules of grammer that he already knows.

Am I a lost cause or can anyone teach me anything? :blink:

Vix x

PS........I am always amazed at how well people write in English on this Forum.....it really puts me to shame! :boxed:

I'll keep adding to the list whenever people post the words in their language.....keep them coming!!

THE LOVELY TABLE I'VE SPENT AGES DOING IS TOO BIG TO COPY HERE SO I'VE GONE BACK TO SCRATCHING MY HEAD!!

NORMAL SERVICE WILL RESUME SHORTLY!!

English Hello Goodbye ThankYou Love Chicken Braces Lollipop Trousers Hair

French Bonjour Au Revoir Merci Amour Poulet

Spanish Hola Adios Gracias Amor Pollo

German Hallo Auf Wiedersehen Danke Liebe Kueken

Italian Ciao Ciao Grazie Amore

Dutch Hallo Tot ziens Bedankt Liefde Kip

Maori Kia ora Haere ra Tena Koe Aroha Pikaokao

Korean Gamshamida Sahanghae

Argentinian Hola Chau Gracias Amor Pollito

Arabic Marhaba Maa’el salama Shokran Hob Dajaj

Finnish Hei Hei hei,nakemiin Kiitos Rakkaus Tipu

Swedish Hej Hej da, adjo Tack Karlek Kyckling

Romanian Buna La revedere Multumesc Iubire Pui

Hungarian Szia Viszlat Koszonom Szerelem Csirke

Gujurati Kem cho Owjo Prem

Hindi Kesi hai tu Phir milenge Pyar

Austrian Servus Pfiat di Davngschee Liebe Hendl

Hebrew Shalom Lehitraot Toda Ahava Tarnegolet

Chezh Ahoj Nashledanou Dekuji Laska Kure

Irish Dia dhuit Slan Goraibhmaithagat Gra Sicin

Danish Kylling

Polish Czesc Do widzenia Dziekuje Milosc Kurczak

Portuguese Alo Tchau Obrigado/Obrigada Amor Ga linha

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to be fluent in languages other than English.

I'm okay with Spanish to the point of being able to understand most moderately difficult sentences, but I wish I could just speak it without thinking. French, too. I can read a bit of French and write a tad, but I'm only at an elementary level. I just learned from one semester of high school French and a bit of Rosetta Stone. :)

great idea! of course you are not a lost cause, nobody is! I find it impossible to learn french but i`m sure that if someone really sat next to me and really tried to teach me i would learn (eventually lol)

I can teach you some spanish if you want. It would be not spanish from spain,that could be compared to BrE (i mean, it's the original one lol),but spanish from argentina that would be like AmE if you get my point.

Just tell me what you want to know and i'll translate it for you!

chau(spanish people would say adios)

Phew!! :roftl:

I thought no-one was going to drop by!! :shocked:

Just have to drum up some business and work out a format now!!

Maybe people should post a sentence or passage that they would like to be able to say in another language and wait for someone to come by and translate it for them........asking for their translation in repayment?

What do you think?

Vix x

PS.........to get the ball rolling can someone translate this very important and useful phrase into French for me?? :roftl::wink2::roftl:

"Shall we get married in Paris this summer and have a huge party afterwards for all our friends, including everyone from the MFC, and family to celebrate it?"

great idea! of course you are not a lost cause, nobody is! I find it impossible to learn french but i`m sure that if someone really sat next to me and really tried to teach me i would learn (eventually lol)

I can teach you some spanish if you want. It would be not spanish from spain,that could be compared to BrE (i mean, it's the original one lol),but spanish from argentina that would be like AmE if you get my point.

Just tell me what you want to know and i'll translate it for you!

chau(spanish people would say adios)

Mmmmmmmmm....argentinian spanish eh??

What about this.....

"Don't cry for me Argentina....I've got Mika in my life now and he is all I need to keep my heart warm!"

Vix x

this sounds cool

I for one want to learn other languages, im a language freak, i know maori and english (both are taught compulsery in New Zealand schools) and a little bit of japanese!

maori!?!!:mf_lustslow: is it difficult to learn??:bleh:

So..

this kinda relates to the topic

in french class at school we were discussing the word 'aussi' which means something like 'kind of'

and we got to thinking

what is the french word for australian?

(you know aussie and aussi :biggrin2: )

and also

what's the french word for fishnet tights?

you know

black tights with little tiny holes in them?

thank you muchly!

:biggrin2:

So..

this kinda relates to the topic

in french class at school we were discussing the word 'aussi' which means something like 'kind of'

and we got to thinking

what is the french word for australian?

(you know aussie and aussi :biggrin2: )

and also

what's the french word for fishnet tights?

you know

black tights with little tiny holes in them?

thank you muchly!

:biggrin2:

well, where i come from we call fishnet tights : bas(or collant) filet or bas(collant) résille :wink2:

and australian are: australien :wink2:

exemple: cette australienne porte des collant résille!

this australian wears fishnet tights :wink2:

I only speak english, but I'm learning German (wish I'd taken french)

and have any of you guys heard of micheal thomas(spelling?)? he's a linguist, and he has a different method of teaching languages

you can buy the tapes - they're quite good

he does most European languages

Mmmmmmmmm....argentinian spanish eh??

What about this.....

"Don't cry for me Argentina....I've got Mika in my life now and he is all I need to keep my heart warm!"

Vix x

400 = CUATROCIENTOS.

AND THE TRANSLATION WOULD BE. "NO LLORES POR MI ARGENTINA, TENGO A MIKA EN MI VIDA AHORA Y ES TODO LO QUE NECESITO PARA MANTENER A MI CORAZON TIBIO!

but we don't really use the "keep my heart warm" expression, so i just translated it literally

I only speak english, but I'm learning German (wish I'd taken french)

and have any of you guys heard of micheal thomas(spelling?)? he's a linguist, and he has a different method of teaching languages

you can buy the tapes - they're quite good

he does most European languages

I think my housemate may have his Spanish CD........does he teach in a kind of chatting way? Like really informal?

She's already picked up the basics to put a few sentences together after just a couple of listens! She does speak French and German already though and is confident to speak what she knows/learns outloud which is where I struggle! :blink: I can put a sentence together in French in my head but then feel too shy to say it outloud!!! :blush-anim-cl:

Vix x

400 = CUATROCIENTOS.

AND THE TRANSLATION WOULD BE. "NO LLORES POR MI ARGENTINA, TENGO A MIKA EN MI VIDA AHORA Y ES TODO LO QUE NECESITO PARA MANTENER A MI CORAZON TIBIO!

but we don't really use the "keep my heart warm" expression, so i just translated it literally

:biggrin2: I'm saying it to myself now trying to imagine the accent!!

Thank you.........or should I say gracias!! :blush-anim-cl:

Vix x

:biggrin2: I'm saying it to myself now trying to imagine the accent!!

Thank you.........or should I say gracias!! :blush-anim-cl:

Vix x

well, these would be the phonetics if you wanted to say that with an argentinian accent lol.

NO SHORE(just say the word shore and then say the name of the letter "S") POR ME AR HEN TINA, TEN-GO A MIKA EN ME VEE-DA AH-O-RA E ES TO-DOH LO KEH NEH-CEH-SEE-TOH PAH-RAH MAN-TEH-NER A ME COH-RAH-ZON TEE-BEEO

maori!?!!:mf_lustslow: is it difficult to learn??:bleh:

Mmmmmmmmm....I think I'm gonna struggle with the European languages but would be interested to see a few Maori words posted here.

Vix x

well, these would be the phonetics if you wanted to say that with an argentinian accent lol.

NO SHORE(just say the word shore and then say the name of the letter "S") POR ME AR HEN TINA, TEN-GO A MIKA EN ME VEE-DA AH-O-RA E ES TO-DOH LO KEH NEH-CEH-SEE-TOH PAH-RAH MAN-TEH-NER A ME COH-RAH-ZON TEE-BEEO

Hey!! I'm practically fluent!! :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

I was saying a few posts back that my housemate has been learning a little spanish from a CD which I've heard so there were a few words I knew already ! :biggrin2:

Great stuff!!

Do the Argentinians actually say 'gracias' or is there a variation?

Vix x

Hey!! I'm practically fluent!! :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

I was saying a few posts back that my housemate has been learning a little spanish from a CD which I've heard so there were a few words I knew already ! :biggrin2:

Great stuff!!

Do the Argentinians actually say 'gracias' or is there a variation?

Vix x

we say gracias!

de nada! (don't mention it, or you're welcome)

ps. which one of the 2 do you use?

Hmmmmm......probably "you're welcome" but maybe "don't mention it" if I was a little embarassed at being thanked for something that didn't really need it.

Vix x

I'd love to be fluent in languages other than English.

I'm okay with Spanish to the point of being able to understand most moderately difficult sentences, but I wish I could just speak it without thinking. French, too. I can read a bit of French and write a tad, but I'm only at an elementary level. I just learned from one semester of high school French and a bit of Rosetta Stone. :)

Hannah, let's just pack up and move to Spain for a year, 'kay? That oughta' help our Spanish. :biggrin2:

I still can't figure out why my tenth-grade self thought it a good idea to study Spanish. It's like I forgot that I live in Canada, and that French would have been the far more useful choice. :blink: