EMA Mika Article

PhotoJenic

This is the only one that I've found so far...

http://www.mtv.co.uk/channel/mtvuk/news/01112007/380352/mika_performs

The curly-haired popster puts on a typically lavish show with dancers-aplenty…

Mika has performed his massive number 1 hit Grace Kelly with bears, lions, monkeys, balloons, acrobats and big girls.

The British star was the latest performer at the Europe Music Awards- MTV’s biggest night of the year- he played with cartoon graphics behind him on the screens.

Earlier Tokio Hotel- the biggest German band around who inspire hysteria on these shores- picked up the Inter Act award which celebrates acts who’ve had online success.

*Be sure to go to the link and at the bottom of the short article click on "VIEW OUR EMAs GALLERY HERE." When you click on there click on 'performances.' I found a couple pics from his performance in there. There might be other pics in the other albums. I just haven't looked through all of them yet!* :biggrin2:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"The British star was the latest performer at the Europe Music Awards- MTV’s biggest night of the year- he played with cartoon graphics behind him on the screens." ...? I dont get it :blink:

Hes performance was first or am i wrong ?!

Kisses for all :wub2:

This is the only one that I've found so far...

http://www.mtv.co.uk/channel/mtvuk/news/01112007/380352/mika_performs

The curly-haired popster puts on a typically lavish show with dancers-aplenty…

Mika has performed his massive number 1 hit Grace Kelly with bears, lions, monkeys, balloons, acrobats and big girls.

The British star was the latest performer at the Europe Music Awards- MTV’s biggest night of the year- he played with cartoon graphics behind him on the screens.

Earlier Tokio Hotel- the biggest German band around who inspire hysteria on these shores- picked up the Inter Act award which celebrates acts who’ve had online success.

*Be sure to go to the link and at the bottom of the short article click on "VIEW OUR EMAs GALLERY HERE." When you click on there click on 'performances.' I found a couple pics from his performance in there. There might be other pics in the other albums. I just haven't looked through all of them yet!* :biggrin2:

thanx for sharing...

have you seen this one??

http://www.mtv.co.uk/channel/vh1classic/news/29092006/who_is_mika

I think he was messing about a little bit....haha

argh! the caption for one of his pictures was 'king of camp'

:boxed: Are they just too short sighted? Too dumb?[/color]

To be frank, if these are the sort of attitudes they sport, I find it a RELIEF that they don't really rate Mika...

And I'm not speaking from bitterness due to him not winning- I'm speaking because the obvious and blatant ignorance displayed by the people who wrote these picture captions makes me a bit angry.

Morons.

"king of camp", "is it Mika in a skirt?"

What's wrong with these people?:boxed: Are they just too short sighted? Too dumb?

To be frank, if these are the sort of attitudes they sport, I find it a RELIEF that they don't really rate Mika...

And I'm not speaking from bitterness due to him not winning- I'm speaking because the obvious and blatant ignorance displayed by the people who wrote these picture captions makes me a bit angry.

Morons.

I agree!

Can they not come up with something original for starters and then bring themselves into the diverse 21st century where people don't have to be supressed and put into boxes.........everyone can express themselves freely without having to be "this type of person" or "that type of person".....grrrrrrr!

The "campness" has everything to do with fun and frivolity and nothing to do with Mika himself. He's so not a trannie or "camp" in the way they infer. He's a shirt and trousers (allbeit sometimes short ones as the one thing he can be "accused" of is being childlike in his performaces) kinda guy all the way!

I agree!

Can they not come up with something original for starters and then bring themselves into the diverse 21st century where people don't have to be supressed and put into boxes.........everyone can express themselves freely without having to be "this type of person" or "that type of person".....grrrrrrr!

The "campness" has everything to do with fun and frivolity and nothing to do with Mika himself. He's so not a trannie or "camp" in the way they infer. He's a shirt and trousers (allbeit sometimes short ones as the one thing he can be "accused" of is being childlike in his performaces) kinda guy all the way!

I know Vix......so sad that they just feel the need to attack him with these stupidities, no?

I suppose that in a way it's a blessing in disguise. Ie, they can't criticise him musically (cause he's impeccable) so they have to come up with some other stupid reason...

I agree!

sorry...with "camp" they mean he's sort of feminine?? I dunno which is the exact meaning of the word...but if he looks like a bit feminine, what's the matter? He looks great, and amusing. Perhaps other people of the music environment are not used to be in colourful cheerful places....I admit he's strange when you see it from the outside...:bleh: but he's as good as other astists or even better...Just different and original...

Right !! I always wondered why people found him camp... As far as I'm concerned, on stage, I see him about as camp as Jim Morrisson !!

I just loved Snoop's face seen right after Mika's performance was over.

He acted like there was no huge Mika show a second ago. :mf_rosetinted:

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if he missed it.

He seemed like being high on something, bet he really wasn't able to see Mika's performance through the same kind of colors going on his own head...

Right !! I always wondered why people found him camp... As far as I'm concerned, on stage, I see him about as camp as Jim Morrisson !!

:naughty: I wouldn't go as far as Jim Morrison but I know what you mean.

Mika wears and does some things most heterosexual men wouldn't dare, but there's nothing feminine about it.

I just loved Snoop's face seen right after Mika's performance was over.

He acted like there was no huge Mika show a second ago. :mf_rosetinted:

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if he missed it.

He seemed like being high on something, bet he really wasn't able to see Mika's performance through the same kind of colors going on his own head...

I got the feeling that he was high on "himself" :roftl:

Ok, it's probably just me.... but I always thought they looked sooo amazingly alike... ( which I mean as a huge compliment... for both of them :biggrin2: )

seriously...

Jim_Morrison.jpg

mare_1327_mika_02.png

Well, I can't really see the similarity in anything else, BUT those pics are quite similar...