A Thread About Mika - In 'The Sun' Forum

Marilyn Mastin

There's a thread about Mika in The Sun, on the forum (entertainment section) I know, because I started it!

I was watching TV this morning, and the EMA awards were mentioned on The News, and Entertainment Today. They talked about the people who performed, or won awards But was Mika even mentioned? Of course not! What can we expect from a British media who are more interested in a woman who is too drunk to sing, than a magical guy, who gives everything in his performances. The plain fact is, that if the media had given Mika more attention, he would have probably got more votes and might have won the awards, as he so deserved to do.

The fact is... Mika had been in bed for two days before the awards, to gain back his strength for his performance last night. The man is killing himself performing live gigs night after night, and our media are not supporting him by mentioning his work. I believe that Happy Endings might have risen higher in the charts if it had been mentioned, and the video played, on shows like Entertainment Today, and I think it is a disgrace that no one even mentiones him, after all his hard work

So I've started a thread in The Sun 'Why Are Our Media Ignoring Mika?' Like I said in a previous thread here, it's not about making Mika do more than he's doing. It's actually, about helping him to get more exposure, without him having to slog his guts out to get it.

When Mika first came along, he was hailed as the next big thing. Other countries medias show his concerts, and videos, very often. Only Britain is lagging behind.

If you want to have your say in 'The Sun', just go onto the website

http://www.thesun.co.uk

You go onto the entertainment section. You may have to register with them but it's very simple.

Let's tell the media to get with Mika.

Love today, from Marilyn

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just had a little rant on your Sun thread Marilyn :wink2: I felt like letting off steam. I also posted a comment on the article 'Amy and Pete Storm EMAs'.

I'm Gata - (I think you could have worked that out eh??)

Right that's me off my soap box for today :bleh:

I've just had a little rant on your Sun thread Marilyn :wink2: I felt like letting off steam. I also posted a comment on the article 'Amy and Pete Storm EMAs'.

I'm Gata - (I think you could have worked that out eh??)

Right that's me off my soap box for today :bleh:

Oh bless you sweetheart! This is what we need to do. The media think we only want to hear about Amy Winehouse etc. I'm not trying to get at her, she must be very sad and I am sorry for her. But our awesome guy had to drag himself out of bed after two days for that show, and we know Mika isn't lazy. If he was in bed for two days, there was a reason for it! The interview has been posted by 'The Sympathy Band' by the way. Those live gigs, one after another are killing him. Our media couldn't care less and I can't forgive them, at the moment, for not even mentioning Mika's performance last night.

Thanks again for your support. Love today, from Marilyn

I really did hope that the fans would want to get involved with this. I must say, I'm disappointed with the response. There have been about three very positive comments, and about three, or four, not so nice ones. I started the thread in the hopes that he would get a lot of good comments - I knew there might be some bad ones - but thought that many people would respond and say how awesome he is and how they admire him. How, if he'd had more airtime in Britain, he might have stood more of a chance with the awards because more people would have seen him, and how, he works so hard for his fans. I would really appreciate it if fans could visit the forum and place some comments, otherwise, I shall be sorry I even started the thread in the first place. If people don't post by tomorrow. I'll see if I can remove the thread. I don't want it to be hijacked by people who hate Mika

Love today, from Marilyn

There's a thread about Mika in The Sun, on the forum (entertainment section) I know, because I started it!

I was watching TV this morning, and the EMA awards were mentioned on The News, and Entertainment Today. They talked about the people who performed, or won awards But was Mika even mentioned? Of course not! What can we expect from a British media who are more interested in a woman who is too drunk to sing, than a magical guy, who gives everything in his performances. The plain fact is, that if the media had given Mika more attention, he would have probably got more votes and might have won the awards, as he so deserved to do.

The fact is... Mika had been in bed for two days before the awards, to gain back his strength for his performance last night. The man is killing himself performing live gigs night after night, and our media are not supporting him by mentioning his work. I believe that Happy Endings might have risen higher in the charts if it had been mentioned, and the video played, on shows like Entertainment Today, and I think it is a disgrace that no one even mentiones him, after all his hard work

So I've started a thread in The Sun 'Why Are Our Media Ignoring Mika?' Like I said in a previous thread here, it's not about making Mika do more than he's doing. It's actually, about helping him to get more exposure, without him having to slog his guts out to get it.

When Mika first came along, he was hailed as the next big thing. Other countries medias show his concerts, and videos, very often. Only Britain is lagging behind.

If you want to have your say in 'The Sun', just go onto the website

http://www.thesun.co.uk

You go onto the entertainment section. You may have to register with them but it's very simple.

Let's tell the media to get with Mika.

Love today, from Marilyn

marylin, i'm going immediately.

in Italy they NEVER write about mika.

nothing appeared before and after the gigs, only a few, short, banal reviews.

i'm totally crazy about that, but i cannot understand why this is happening in the uk too.

i have an idea about this...universal is not supporting mika, nowhere.

they do not send material to the press and do not advert about him.

i would like to do the same here in italy,open threads on some magazine's forums.

i'll be back to you about this, i want to talk this over with you and make up my mind.

thanks for all your mika committment!

mika must know that we care!

marylin, i'm going immediately.

in Italy they NEVER write about mika.

nothing appeared before and after the gigs, only a few, short, banal reviews.

i'm totally crazy about that, but i cannot understand why this is happening in the uk too.

i have an idea about this...universal is not supporting mika, nowhere.

they do not send material to the press and do not advert about him.

i would like to do the same here in italy,open threads on some magazine's forums.

i'll be back to you about this, i want to talk this over with you and make up my mind.

thanks for all your mika committment!

mika must know that we care!

I read your post. It's brilliant. I'm so happy that people are getting involved and I really didn't mean to come off as a bossy-boots. But just think, Mika might have won those awards if more people were aware of whoi he actually is. Peoples' perceptions of him seem to be... "He's that weird looking guy who sings Grace Kelly. Or... "He's that camp guy who won't say who he sleeps with."

As you said. People need to know he sings all kinds of songs. Grace Kelly might not be to everyone's taste, but he writes and sings so many wonderful songs that everyone could find a song they loved.

And he doesn't talk about his sex life! I'd like to find out what all those critics would say if I went up to one of THEM and said. "Hi there! Are you gay? Do tell, because I'm dying to know!" I wonder if I'd be sued for asking that, or insinuating it. I suspect I probably would be. I actually like the fact that he says nothing, and bugs the hell out of them. If they can't talk to him about his wonderful music, and the brilliant fun-culture he has single-handedly created, then they can drop dead, as far as I'm concerned.

This is why it's important to find out what people are saying about Mika, so that we can set them straight and stick up for him. He doesn't deserve to be facing such unjust criticism, especially when he's done no wrong, and has actually, only done an awful lot of good in a short space of time. I'm not trying to be dramatic here, but I actually think there has never been a person like Mika, in the entire history of the world of music and entertainment.

Thank you again for your post. If people can't get on to the sun site I don't know what to suggest. I know nothing about computers. Maybe someone with more brains than me could help. We need to stop this habitual slagging off of this wonderful man!!

Love today, from Marilyn

Perhaps we could start a petition and when we have enough votes send it to Universal...

A petition? What would it say, and how would we go about it? I think, at the moment, it's important to talk about Mika, outside of the fan club. Here, everyone understands where we are coming from when we say about the impact Mika has had, how kind and friendly he is, and how talented. Other people seem not to know this, because they are only reading the stuff about him being too private about his life, and they are not hearing all his songs, because the media are too obsessed with Amy Winebottle and Leona Lewis, etc, and can't be bothered to play Mika's lovely songs, or show his concert footage and videos at a time when we are all still awake. So getting the word out there seems, to me, to be the way forward at the moment. What does everyone else think?

Love again, from Marilyn

I have a letter in Total TV Guide. I sent it in to complain about the X Factor judges using that show to constrantly plug their acts. It also gave me an excuse to mention a guy with REAL talent.... and I don't mean Rhydian!!!

So maybe this is another way to go. Letters in the TV magazines.

Love today, and thanks to all who have got involved in this, from Marilyn

:mf_rosetinted: fluffyconcrete here :mf_rosetinted::wink2:

:naughty: I wondered who that was!! I knew it was an MFCer...

I have a letter in Total TV Guide. I sent it in to complain about the X Factor judges using that show to constrantly plug their acts. It also gave me an excuse to mention a guy with REAL talent.... and I don't mean Rhydian!!!

So maybe this is another way to go. Letters in the TV magazines.

Love today, and thanks to all who have got involved in this, from Marilyn

Oh yes, I am so SICK of Cowell namedropping Leona ALL the time..

In fact I'm fed up of X-Factor, full stop. It has absolutely no meaning any more, not since the advent of Mika. Manufactured pop "acts" are so 2006...:roftl:

I'd like to see your letter Marilyn. Could you post it here??

:naughty: I wondered who that was!! I knew it was an MFCer...

Oh yes, I am so SICK of Cowell namedropping Leona ALL the time..

In fact I'm fed up of X-Factor, full stop. It has absolutely no meaning any more, not since the advent of Mika. Manufactured pop "acts" are so 2006...:roftl:

I'd like to see your letter Marilyn. Could you post it here??

Yes, I'll copy it out because I can't scan it

PULL THE PLUG!

i'VE DECIDED NOT TO WATCH tHE x fACTOR THIS YEAR AS I'M SO DISGUSTED BY THE FACT THAT SIMON AND LOUIS ARE USING THE SHOW TO PROMOTE THEIR ACTS. THEY'VE ALREADY BROUGHT IN LEONA LEWIS, AND SHAYNE WARD AND WESTLIFE ARE ALSO SET TO APPEAR, THUS CONTINUING THE CONSTANT SHAMEFUL PLUGGING OF THEIR ARTIST'S WORK. WHY NOT GET SOMEONE GENUINELY TALENTED, LIKE MIKA TO DO THE MENTORING. OH, THAT'S RIGHT, SIMON REJECTED HIM.

Actually, I have seen bits of X Factor, because my son watches it. I've seen what they are doing to that poor guy Rhydian. I mean, the guy is an opera singer. Isn't that okay for them? The poor guy looks so uncomfortable and so stupid in those daft clothes. It's all about the judges now, not the contestants at all. It's just a way for Simon and company to keep their acts at number one. Since X Factor came along, there has been no fair fight for the Christmas Number One, and no fair fight at the time of the show, when the judges are plugging their established acts who don't need X Factor any more and should be fending for themselves the way Mika does.

Love today, from Marilyn

Yes, I'll copy it out because I can't scan it

PULL THE PLUG!

i'VE DECIDED NOT TO WATCH tHE x fACTOR THIS YEAR AS I'M SO DISGUSTED BY THE FACT THAT SIMON AND LOUIS ARE USING THE SHOW TO PROMOTE THEIR ACTS. THEY'VE ALREADY BROUGHT IN LEONA LEWIS, AND SHAYNE WARD AND WESTLIFE ARE ALSO SET TO APPEAR, THUS CONTINUING THE CONSTANT SHAMEFUL PLUGGING OF THEIR ARTIST'S WORK. WHY NOT GET SOMEONE GENUINELY TALENTED, LIKE MIKA TO DO THE MENTORING. OH, THAT'S RIGHT, SIMON REJECTED HIM.

Actually, I have seen bits of X Factor, because my son watches it. I've seen what they are doing to that poor guy Rhydian. I mean, the guy is an opera singer. Isn't that okay for them? The poor guy looks so uncomfortable and so stupid in those daft clothes. It's all about the judges now, not the contestants at all. It's just a way for Simon and company to keep their acts at number one. Since X Factor came along, there has been no fair fight for the Christmas Number One, and no fair fight at the time of the show, when the judges are plugging their established acts who don't need X Factor any more and should be fending for themselves the way Mika does.

Love today, from Marilyn

Thanks - actually, I was in Morrissons today and I had a look in the magazine and saw your letter...the woman standing next to me was looking at me strangely as I must have had a big grin on my face as I was reading it!!

Well done! It did have to be said. I'm so sick of Cowell and co.

Rhydian - all I can say is, he is the best of a very very bad bunch. Honestly, is it just me, or are they all more rubbbish than normal this year? Or is it the Mika Effect, i.e. that absolutely nothing measures up to him now?:naughty: