How long a queue?

Nina

I am going to my first Mika concert this week and was wondering how long time in advanced I had to queue up if I wanted to stand in front row?

I don't know when I should queue up since I don't know how famous he is where I live... I also have to consider the cold weather and if I will be able to lay my coat somewhere or if I have to hold it in my hands the whole concert...

Anyone who could help me? I am desperate to get just a little bit of guidance.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which show are you going to? Sounds like people have been queuing from 4 or 5 pm in some places but once he gets to the UK the queues will start much earlier. In London there will probably be close to 50 MFCers alone at each gig so the front row is going to be a little tight for space!

I plan to bring a thin down jacket that will fold very flat and I can stick it in a bag once I'm inside.

And when would that be on a cold, dark November night?

The only way to get in the front is to come VERY early and brave the cold and darkness, really, and even then you may not get front row. I think it's more important to dash once you get inside than it is to be the first people there. :blink:

The one i DK.

When did the doors open then?

Maybe 6:30? You should call the venue and ask. Also check in the gigs thread to find out what time the other MFCers are going.

I mean the enthusiastic MFCers. Not Babs and Kata. :naughty:

The only way to get in the front is to come VERY early and brave the cold and darkness, really, and even then you may not get front row. I think it's more important to dash once you get inside than it is to be the first people there. :blink:

Yeah I've heard stories of people wandering in, checking their coats and going to the toilets. WTF? Why bother queuing for hours then?

No I mean, when did the doors open to the people who queued up at 4 or 5 pm. at his previously shows?

I've heard 6:30 pm at some shows, but it could vary depending on the venue. They should be able to tell you when they plan to let people in.

Also check in the gigs thread to find out what time the other MFCers are going.

I mean the enthusiastic MFCers. Not Babs and Kata. :naughty:

Where do I find this gig thread? Does that mean I have to go through 600 pages to find out? :blink:

I've heard 6:30 pm at some shows, but it could vary depending on the venue. They should be able to tell you when they plan to let people in.

I know when they let people in. I am asking if you know when they let people in at the shows where people were standing from 4 or 5 pm to get in. Did they have to wait 1 hour? 3? 4 hours to get in?

I alredy know when they let people in :thumb_yello:

I am asking if you know when they let people in at the shows where people were standing from 4 or 5 pm to get in. Did they have to wait 1 hour? 3? 4 hours to get in? :original:

I think it's more important to dash once you get inside than it is to be the first people there. :blink:
What do you mean by dash? Sorry, I'm too lazy to look up the word in a dictionary.

MFC is really annoying right now. First my post was there, and then it was not there. And now there are two....

dash just means to run, she means once you get in run to the front of the stage and claim your place. :wink2:

:naughty: :naughty: I'll defiantly do that.

If I have to do something ells (:mf_pain:) I can let my friends watch my spot and then plough me through the crowed when I have to go back :gun2:

I know when they let people in. I am asking if you know when they let people in at the shows where people were standing from 4 or 5 pm to get in. Did they have to wait 1 hour? 3? 4 hours to get in?

Oh I'm not quite sure what you mean then. If they queue at 4 pm and the doors open at 6:30 pm then it's 2.5 hours...?

You can ask some of the people in the German gig threads how long they ended up waiting. Everywhere is a bit different I think. It depends on his popularity and the weather.

They open the doors later than they should. We were drenched in Leeds. And I wondered why there were thrown away umbrellas on the steps - it was from the ones who were rushing to the front. I have learnt.....