Ouch! Severe Cramps

BonjourMika1990

Hm...I've never tried yoga when I have cramps. Maybe I'll do that next month.. :thumb_yello:

Ususally I just eat Advil like Skittles and curl up in a ball on the couch with a comfy blanket and maybe a good movie to make me forget about it. But I think curling up helps the pain.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm...I've never tried yoga when I have cramps. Maybe I'll do that next month.. :thumb_yello:

Ususally I just eat Advil like Skittles and curl up in a ball on the couch with a comfy blanket and maybe a good movie to make me forget about it. But I think curling up helps the pain.

I do that too, except I can't take advil.. because I have a problem with swallowing pills. But ussually reading or watching a movie (Stardust) helps keep my mind off it. :thumb_yello::mf_rosetinted::bleh:

See, I don't want kids.. therefore I curse the pain! Damn the pain, damn it to hell!! :naughty:

(I do bow down to the inventor of tampons though. Seriously, that has to be the best invention ever. I'd have some serious issues with this period thing if it wasn't for the blessed o.b's.)

really u dont want kids!!! cus the only reason i want kids is cuz i will be periodless for 9 months!!!!!!!woohoo:roftl: but i am with u on that one thank you for the tampon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!mr/mrs/ms inventor hehehe

i was really scared also at first but once you do it its not a big deal any more but dont get the cardboard!!!!!!! get the plastic one they are much easier:wink2: mine just ended today!!!!!!yay!

I'm so squeemish though lol

I'm cringing at the thought:boxed:

You know what would suck? Having your period during a mika gig! Than you'd be all paranoid jumpin up and down:thumbdown:

You know what would suck? Having your period during a mika gig! Than you'd be all paranoid jumpin up and down:thumbdown:

that would suck big time you would have to keep going to the bathroom while waiting in line!:shocked:

I used one the very first time I got my period because when I got it, I was on vacation down the shore. I didn't know what it was, my mom just told me to use it. haha I use them a lot now because I get it so heavy, a pad just wont do.

:boxed:

And I think my next period will be around the time of the Mika concert. :tears:

On the other hand, I actually appreciate the pains sometimes, because i have the gift of eventually giving birth to my children. :D

Aww, I wish I could say that!

I'm afraid I won't be able to have kids. Endometriosis tends to do that to you. :tears:

I can't imagine using a tampon:shocked:

am I alone here lol???

SCARY!

It's not that scary. My sister doesn't use them, and when I told her I do, she goes "Well how can that be? You hate needles, but you'll use a tampon. They're both invasions of the body!" or something like that. I was like "Rutsch... there's already a hole for the tampon. They have to MAKE one for the needle."

I wouldn't be, because I'd use a tampon.:wink2:

Not if you're using a tampon!

Actually, if you think tampons are frightening, have a peek at this:

http://www.divacup.com/

That's so dumb. Almost as stupid as reusable/cloth pads.

whats endometriosis?

It basically means that I bleed on the inside AND outside of my uterus. My flow is super heavy, I get horrible pain (I used to take narcotics for it) and it makes me sick otherwise (vomitting, headaches, dizzy)

o that sounds horrible i am so sorry and you cant have kids do to it?

Well I'm on birth control, because that's the most common treatment for it. It just makes it like a normal period now. I mean, it's the flow and the cramps like most girls have now that I'm on meds.

And the chances of having children decreases somewhat. My mom's friend had it, and she could only have one child. And the doctors were all stunned when she did. And my neighbor's friend has it, and she had two kids, but I guess she had pretty miserable pregnancies.

Aww, I wish I could say that!

I'm afraid I won't be able to have kids. Endometriosis tends to do that to you. :tears:

Apparently I may have endometriosis - they're not sure though. My doctor is entertaining the idea of sticking a little camera into my belly to be sure...eek.

Apparently I may have endometriosis - they're not sure though. My doctor is entertaining the idea of sticking a little camera into my belly to be sure...eek.

Ewww, yeah. Like laparoscopic.

That's the only way they can be 100% positive, though.

I know it's been posted before, but Ibuprofen is the best.

And also, if it's really bad, you can take 2 ibuprofen, then a few hours later, if it gets bad again, take 2 paracetemol and keep alternating - though you should only really take 3 doses of each in one day.

My doctor reccommended that.

And get a hot water bottle, and put your legs upright against the wall. (i dont know why, but that seems to help me!).