Freddie Mercury's Anniversary

mandilambi

It's exactly 10 minutes until Freddie's 16th anniversary and as there are so many Queen fans on this forum, I figured I would start a topic of celebration for him! Please join me in raising a glass to celebrate the life that he lived. I am sure tears will be shed tomorrow, as well as a lot of smiles will be put on faces. The most important part is to remember the phenominal human being that Freddie was and to be thankful for all the wonderful gifts that he gave to all of his fans.

We miss you, darling, and admire you more and more with each day!

Amanda

PS.

I still love you!

FREDDIE%201.jpg

FreddieCreatedPlanetMercury.jpg

freddie_mercury004.jpg

Freddie-Mercury-Women-s-T-Shirt-Blue-polaroid.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's exactly 10 minutes until Freddie's 16th anniversary and as there are so many Queen fans on this forum, I figured I would start a topic of celebration for him! Please join me in raising a glass to celebrate the life that he lived. I am sure tears will be shed tomorrow, as well as a lot of smiles will be put on faces. The most important part is to remember the phenominal human being that Freddie was and to be thankful for all the wonderful gifts that he gave to all of his fans.

We miss you, darling, and admire you more and more with each day!

Amanda

PS.

I still love you!

message to Freddie:

I wish you were still around Freddie because the world needs you. I've loved you since I was a little girl and you had left this world already. You are eternally in our hearts and your star will forever shine through those of us who pass on your message of love.

I can't really explain why I adore him, there was always this sweetness to him...and this defiance... I just think he was tremendous! Most importantly, he was very humble.

I think he had a wife before he came out to her. The song "Love of my Life" is about her.

oh and he had a cat named Delilah lol... I remember that fact:roftl:

There's some dispute as to whether or not he was gay or bi. Some people firmly believe he is one or the other. My personal opinion is that he was gay, while also having an extraordinary love for Mary that even they perhaps couldn't quite explain.

Then again, that's just my opinion. He was great, regardless of his sexual orientation. :)

Oh ok. is he gay? or is he both. or tri. is there even tri?

hahaha, no, I'm sure he was deffinately gay, but for a long time he had a wife and they really did love each other very much. But he couldn't pretend forever, because towards the end, from about 1975, he started having boyfriends, so he eventually told Mary that he was gay. It's confusing... but yeah.

To Freddie: You are the most beautiful man I have ever seen, in every aspect. You can never be replaced by anybody, ever, and for that you will always be in our hearts. I love you.

I can remember two bits that I thought were graphic (as well as a little unnecessary). The last couple of chapters were horrible. You really got an understanding of what Freddie's last days were like. It took me forever to get through it as I was so tearful!

Not too fond of his mentionings of Mary, though it's difficult to know who to believe when you're not there experiencing everything.

I know. I think I read something online that really explained Freddie's last few months...I was balling.

:tears:

Anything like that makes me a bit teary eyed, though. My uncle also died from AIDS a few years ago. I hate to think of anyone suffering the way those people do. Which is why I despise when ignorant kids make jokes and think AIDS and other illnesses like cancer and whatnot are funny. Thery're not funny. They're real and the suffering those people have to endure is really dreadful.