Salaam!

Dounia

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Salaam (= Peace in Arabic) y'all!

I am Dounia from the Netherlands and I joined the MikaFanClub because i dig his authentic music! And i think Mika is what today's young generations around the globe are all about! He's international, individual, intelligent, intro-&extrovert, unique, creative, down-to-earth, realistic&dreamy, strong-willed, loves-to-laugh, non-judgemental, impulsive&contemplative (is that the right word? as in 'thinks a lot'?) artist and naturally, so is his work!

Peace and love,

Dounia ^_^

:welcomeani:

Ahlaanu sahlaan Dounia! Welcome on the MFC deck and enjoy yourself. Where are you from originally? I`m just curious.

BTW your reasoning above is eloquent. Those are also reasons why I like him and his music.

Shukran Rebeka :wub2:

Well........ originally we all come from the same source :biggrin2: !

I was born in the Netherlands and my parents were born in Morocco.

What about you?

Shukran Rebeka :wub2:

Well........ originally we all come from the same source :biggrin2: !

I was born in the Netherlands and my parents were born in Morocco.

What about you?

Great! Somewhere I`ve read that Mika said that his name means "plastic bag" in Maroccan, is that true or was he bull****ting? (-:

You are right, sister, :thumb_yello: we all come from the very same sourse, no doubt about it. If all the powerul men in politics were like you and I the world would look differently.

I was born in Slovakia where I live now but I`ve spent some years in Israel (I have a double citisenship).

Great! Somewhere I`ve read that Mika said that his name means "plastic bag" in Maroccan, is that true or was he bull****ting? (-:

You are right, sister, :thumb_yello: we all come from the very same sourse, no doubt about it. If all the powerul men in politics were like you and I the world would look differently.

I was born in Slovakia where I live now but I`ve spent some years in Israel (I have a double citisenship).

You are right too :thumb_yello:

Yeah, the problem with powerfull men in politics is that they actually believe they are ' powerfull' :thumbdown: If so... why don't they grow some hair on their bold head :naughty:

Slovakia and Israel! I've never been there, wish i could go (there isn't a country i don't wanna see :biggrin2:)

Hey sis, you gave me an idea :wub2: ! I'll post a thread called 'Mika in Morocco!' read it if you wanna know the answer to your Q :mf_rosetinted:

You are right too :thumb_yello:

Yeah, the problem with powerfull men in politics is that they actually believe they are ' powerfull' :thumbdown: If so... why don't they grow some hair on their bold head :naughty:

Slovakia and Israel! I've never been there, wish i could go (there isn't a country i don't wanna see :biggrin2:)

Hey sis, you gave me an idea :wub2: ! I'll post a thread called 'Mika in Morocco!' read it if you wanna know the answer to your Q :mf_rosetinted:

Cool, Dounia! I will surelly read it.

BTW the thing with growing their hair :roftl:

Quite anarchistic.

I`ve been to Holland but not yet to Morocco.

Cool, Dounia! I will surelly read it.

BTW the thing with growing their hair :roftl:

Quite anarchistic.

I`ve been to Holland but not yet to Morocco.

It's in the sub-forum 'Chat About Mika'!

Yeay, you've been to Holland! Did you like it :biggrin2: ?

You should definitely visit Morocco, you'll fall in love :wub2: ! With the country of course :wink2:

Salamu alaikum, Dounia. :welcomeani:

Right now I'm spending a month of my summer holiday in Morocco. :biggrin2:

Do you speak Moroccan?

I liked your story about Mika in Morocco. I can imagine his expression if he went to a souk. :roftl:

Wa-'alaykumu salaam Scut Monkey and shukran :original:

You're in Morocco right now :shocked: , that's so cool :thumb_yello: ! Is it your first time there? (If it is i bet ya a dirham it won't be the last!) What places have you been to or are you going to?!!!!

'Moroccan' does not exist bro (or sis?)! Arabic is the official language, but in everyday conversation people use a Moroccan dialect of Arabic, a.k.a. 'Darija'. Just like people in Lebanon use a Lebanese dialect of Arabic! But when it comes to writing and official things like the news, all Arab countries use MSA = Modern Standard Arabic.

Another language in Morocco (with many dialects!) is the language of the Amazigh.

And a third frequently used language in Morocco (especially when talking to tourists, you probably experienced this yourself already!) is French.

I can manage all three (well, that's what i like to believe, don't know how other people judge my speaking-abilities, haha!)

I'd love to visit australia, i watched the tv-series 'skippy' when i was young...

I'm glad you liked the story, you seem to be the only one, because no-one posted a reply on the thread :tears:

Wa-'alaykumu salaam Scut Monkey and shukran :original:

You're in Morocco right now, that's so cool :thumb_yello: ! Is it your first time there? (If it is i bet ya a dirham it won't be the last!) What places have you been to or are you going to?!!!!

'Moroccan' does not exist bro (or sis?)! Arabic is the official language, but in everyday conversation people use a Moroccan dialect of Arabic, a.k.a. 'Darija'. Just like people in Lebanon use a Lebanese dialect of Arabic! But when it comes to writing and official things like the news, all Arab countries use MSA = Modern Standard Arabic.

Another language in Morocco (with many dialects!) is the language of the Amazigh.

And a third frequently used language in Morocco (especially when talking to tourists, you probably experienced this yourself already!) is French.

I can manage all three (well, that's what i like to believe, don't know how other people judge my speaking-abilities, haha!)

I'd love to visit australia, i watched the tv-series 'skippy' when i was young...

I'm glad you liked the story, you seem to be the only one, because no-one posted a reply on the thread :tears:

I was born in Morocco... so it's definitely not my first time visiting. :naughty: If you want I can show you the photos I took the last times that I was here. I'm in Agadir and I hope to go Casablanca, Rabat, Marrakech and Fez again.

I say 'Moroccan' instead of 'Darija' to make things easier (but it's so different from Modern Standard Arabic that it might as well be a whole other language anyway :bleh:). So you speak Darija and Amazigh (which I refer to as "Shelha") in addition to French, English and Dutch? Do you read/write MSA too? Wow!

LOL, I remember 'Skippy', it was such a stereotypical show. You should visit Australia someday, I'm sure you'll love it. :original:

Don't worry about it, I don't think they understood the story. It's the cultural background/knowledge of Morocco that makes the mental image of Mika at a souk hilarious. :lol3:

(I'm a sis, btw.)

Welcome Dounia!

I am getting confused with people...I misread Scut and Dounia's conversation as one with Yopp because the avatar is the same and the green ink is like Yopp's and it all got mixed in my mind, and I am sitting here thinking I didn't know Yopp spoke so many languages.

Sorry, it is still early morning here in Tokyo.

I was born in Morocco... so it's definitely not my first time visiting. :naughty: If you want I can show you the photos I took the last times that I was here. I'm in Agadir and I hope to go Casablanca, Rabat, Marrakech and Fez again.

I say 'Moroccan' instead of 'Darija' to make things easier (but it's so different from Modern Standard Arabic that it might as well be a whole other language anyway :bleh:). So you speak Darija and Amazigh (which I refer to as "Shelha") in addition to French, English and Dutch? Do you read/write MSA too? Wow!

LOL, I remember 'Skippy', it was such a stereotypical show. You should visit Australia someday, I'm sure you'll love it. :original:

Don't worry about it, I don't think they understood the story. It's the cultural background/knowledge of Morocco that makes the mental image of Mika at a souk hilarious. :lol3:

(I'm a sis, btw.)

Wow, born in Morocco, how long did you stay there then?! Do you speak 'Moroccan'? You're going to visit all those cool cities... i hope you brought enough memorycards for your camera cuz you'll be going photo-photo non-stop LOL! I would love to see your photo's! But maybe you should put them in a new thread?

Dutch is basically my 'first' language. Because MSA is a Semitic language the grammar is really difficult, even more difficult than Latin! Reading and/or writing in MSA takes ages for me to do, cause i never learned it, i only learned the alfabet and how to write my name 2 years ago and my vocabulary is of a pathetic quantity! Somehow i can still manage to understand a great deal of the news etc.

I learned Dutch, Darija, Shelha (Rifia in my case!) at home. Dutch, English, French, German (some ancient languages and unfortunately only one year of Spanish) in school. Some Mandarin, Korean and Japanese from friends and drama's but i depend heavily on translations for these last languages. I am going to upgrade my MSA first and then the Asian languages!

I'll definitely visit Australia, and you should come to Holland too sis!

Welcome Dounia!

I am getting confused with people...I misread Scut and Dounia's conversation as one with Yopp because the avatar is the same and the green ink is like Yopp's and it all got mixed in my mind, and I am sitting here thinking I didn't know Yopp spoke so many languages.

Sorry, it is still early morning here in Tokyo.

Thanx Blue Sky :blush-anim-cl:

Is it still morning? Then: Ohayo gozai-mass!

You're right about the avatars, i should make one myself, but i have no idea how :biggrin2:

Sorry for the mix-up, hihi!