MIKA in Vancouver, BC at the Orpheum

dcdeb

I just had a question: are they expecting us to stay in our seats? I don't know why a Mika concert is taking place in the Orpheum...

That's a good question - a lot of the US gigs are in standing, general admission venues.

I don't really know the answer to that, having never been to a performance there...I guess we'll see.

PS:

ONE MONTH FROM TODAY!!!!

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my tickets for row 13. It would have been so cool to get closer, but that's okay! I"ll survive! :)

I'm Row 11 - I suspect the really good seats are reserved for people who have an "in" - the venue people, other people in "the biz".

Should be a good one, though!

not sure if this was posted before.....but I adore the Vancouverplus.ca

listing of MIKA! it maybe was borrowed from another site...but I don't care! I LOVE IT!

Mika

Mika wants to set the bar for fantastical, 3 dimensional pop at his own height. Which is over 6’ and statuesquely sculptured, since you ask.

Where: Vancouver Civic Theatres

649 Cambie Street

Vancouver, BC V6B 2P1

When: Feb 15, 2008, Fri 7:00 pm

Details: Tickets: $39.50 + service charge

Welcome to his world: where some louche dilettante is throwing the greatest party in the universe and everyone is invited under his very own cherry moon. Mika is a songwriter, performer, producer and orchestrator and he's ready to unleash his debut album to the world.

Both astonishingly musical and profoundly thoughtful, his tunes combine a heady euphoric rush with darker unexpected elements: daytime melodramas and night-time tales of love, loss, abandonment, hope and happiness. They all jostle together for attention, each one a pure pop golden nugget.

Genre: Pop

Link: Official Site

MIKA

Pop singers don’t come much more flamboyant than Mica Penniman, whose multi-octave vocal range and high-energy performance style have won him a fan base that would make the Scissor Sisters jealous. Although Mika refuses to discuss his sexuality, we’re pretty sure we know what he’s getting at when he sings about “suckin’ too hard on your lollipop”. When and where: February 15 at the Orpheum Theatre. Suggested retail price: $39.50 plus service charges. What we’d be willing to trade tickets for: A complete set of The Judy Garland Show on DVD. Fan profile: Anyone who TiVo’d the latest Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show strictly to bask in the glory of the reunited Spice Girls. Appropriate attire: A sleeveless Liza Minnelli T-shirt with a colour-coordinated feather boa. What you’ll walk away with: Reassurance that everything is going to be just fabulous

MIKA

Pop singers don’t come much more flamboyant than Mica Penniman, whose multi-octave vocal range and high-energy performance style have won him a fan base that would make the Scissor Sisters jealous. Although Mika refuses to discuss his sexuality, we’re pretty sure we know what he’s getting at when he sings about “suckin’ too hard on your lollipop”. When and where: February 15 at the Orpheum Theatre. Suggested retail price: $39.50 plus service charges. What we’d be willing to trade tickets for: A complete set of The Judy Garland Show on DVD. Fan profile: Anyone who TiVo’d the latest Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show strictly to bask in the glory of the reunited Spice Girls. Appropriate attire: A sleeveless Liza Minnelli T-shirt with a colour-coordinated feather boa. What you’ll walk away with: Reassurance that everything is going to be just fabulous

Hahaha, wouldn't it be funny if we all showed up in feather boas :naughty:

*considers it*

DO IT!!!

The east coast will be covered in multicolored feathers :mf_rosetinted:

We need to look united.....:roftl:

Sorry, I'm a little under the weather and think I am funny at the moment....sorry to cause any eye rolling...

I will be pink!

here is a listing for music in Vancouver!

its kind of interesting how he is listed in the upcoming music in this paper:)

He is listed under Western Asia (Middle East) ...the only entry actually

now that is cool!

:)

http://www.asianpacificpost.com/portal2/c1ee8c44178a1d3a01178a7888f90044_Community_Calendar__Jan_17th__2008.do.html

good:) Calico will call for the reservation and I will make sure all things get sorted out by then

FWI ..i get the whole week off !! woow!

Yes! Yes! Suzanne, we will be talking those few days - and remind me! But something tells me I'll be sooo stoked I won't need a reminder!

yehaaaaa

Works for me! Is it Cactus Club that you decided on?

I believe it is, yes, Cactus Club, that was decided on.

p.s. anyone excited yet????:wink2: hahahahaha!

I believe it is, yes, Cactus Club, that was decided on.

p.s. anyone excited yet????:wink2: hahahahaha!

haha, are you kidding, I had a dream about the concert last night. actually, it was more like a nightmare, because everything was going horribly wrong... :blink:

haha, are you kidding, I had a dream about the concert last night. actually, it was more like a nightmare, because everything was going horribly wrong... :blink:

bookwurm - hi - I don't believe we have been formally introduced... I'm calicojasmine, one of the resident crazies!:insane: I so look forward to meeting you in person on February 15th!!! Now what was going so horribly wrong in that nightmare of your's last night? It helps to talk about it - and the superstition goes: if you talk about it, it won't come true........ Do tell......:wink2:

bookwurm - hi - I don't believe we have been formally introduced... I'm calicojasmine, one of the resident crazies!:insane: I so look forward to meeting you in person on February 15th!!! Now what was going so horribly wrong in that nightmare of your's last night? It helps to talk about it - and the superstition goes: if you talk about it, it won't come true........ Do tell......:wink2:

Hi! Im Bookwurm... I feel weird introducing myself with my username... my name is Setareh. And I can`t wait to meet all of you too!!! It makes the concert even more exciting, if that is even possible!!!

well, you guys were all dancing around close to the stage (I like how I haven`t even met you guys, and yet you are in my dreams... yay for Mika love :P), and I was somehow stuck to my seat... and I couldn`t get up and enjoy the concert with you guys :(

LOL

I don`t think it would have come true anyway...:shocked:

well, you guys were all dancing around close to the stage (I like how I haven`t even met you guys, and yet you are in my dreams... yay for Mika love :P), and I was somehow stuck to my seat... and I couldn`t get up and enjoy the concert with you guys :(

LOL

I don`t think it would have come true anyway...:shocked:

we will all be standing I am sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

make sure no one is chewing gum!!

I am so stoked too! such excitement and I am already getting a rep in my city for MIKA madness! my cooworker is convinced I am an obessed fangirl,...but she thinks its cool tho!

we will all be standing I am sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

make sure no one is chewing gum!!

I am so stoked too! such excitement and I am already getting a rep in my city for MIKA madness! my cooworker is convinced I am an obessed fangirl,...but she thinks its cool tho!

I just hope row 16 isn't as far away as it sounds >.<