Let's talk POLITICS ( NO FIGHTS)

BonjourMika1990

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Paris Hilton goes through life hearing nothing but elevator music in her head.:naughty:

Probably. :naughty:

Did you see she has a new show? It's her looking for a new best friend. I saw a commercial for it. It had her sitting next to the pool and she said something like, "When I was a little girl, I didn't play with dolls, I played with people." And then it's all these people giving a toast to Paris and half of them are crying because they just love her oh-so-much. Then it cut to Paris saying something that ended with "bitches." It looked so stupid.

And I bet it will be a very popular show too.

She'll want a cali girl like herself. *hmph*

And I have all the dirt she's walked on in the last three years in jars organized chronologically. BEAT THAT.

Yeah, okay... I can't beat that :tears:

(I was going to say I have a Paris turd in a jar, just like in Priscilla, Queen of the Desert... I thought that might just sound gross...)

I know! I can't IMAGINE that!

Having a copyright on 'That's Hot'

That's like the guy who has the copyright on 'Happy Birthday'. What-the-eff-ever!

WTF????

Are you serious???

really?will they ever get what this song is basically about?

I doubt it. Wasn't it Reagan's campaign anthem, too?

It has USA in the lyrics and that's all that matters.:mf_rosetinted:

I giggle-snorted when I read that. My mom's in the room watching TV until it's time for me to leave for work, and I had to cover it up and pretend I was coughing.

HACKING DEMOCRACY

The disturbingly shocking HBO documentary HACKING DEMOCRACY bravely tangles with our nation's ills at the heart of democracy. The film the Diebold corporation doesn't want you to see, this revelatory journey follows tenacious Seattle grandmother Bev Harris and her band of extraordinary citizen-activists as they set out to ask one simple question: How does America count its votes? From Florida and California to Ohio and Washington State, filmmakers Simon Ardizzone, Robert Cohen, and Russell Michaels starkly reveal a broken system riddled with secrecy, incompetent election officials, and electronic voting machines that can be programmed to steal elections. Equipped only with a powerful sense of righteous outrage, the activists take on voting machine industry, exposing alarming security holes in America's trusted voting machines. They even go dumpster diving at a county election official's office in Florida, uncovering incendiary evidence of miscounted votes. But proving our votes can be stolen without a trace culminates in a duel between Diebold voting machines and a computer hacker from Finland - with America's democracy at stake.

HACKING DEMOCRACY takes a nonpartisan, clear-eyed look at the secrecy, cronyism, and incompetence of elections in present-day America as it captures a citizen's movement intent on taking back elections--and democracy itself. “It is hard to imagine...a documentary this season that is more important to the civic life of the nation--let alone one that is so compelling and ultimately moving” (Baltimore Sun).

HACKING DEMOCRACY

The disturbingly shocking HBO documentary HACKING DEMOCRACY bravely tangles with our nation's ills at the heart of democracy. The film the Diebold corporation doesn't want you to see, this revelatory journey follows tenacious Seattle grandmother Bev Harris and her band of extraordinary citizen-activists as they set out to ask one simple question: How does America count its votes? From Florida and California to Ohio and Washington State, filmmakers Simon Ardizzone, Robert Cohen, and Russell Michaels starkly reveal a broken system riddled with secrecy, incompetent election officials, and electronic voting machines that can be programmed to steal elections. Equipped only with a powerful sense of righteous outrage, the activists take on voting machine industry, exposing alarming security holes in America's trusted voting machines. They even go dumpster diving at a county election official's office in Florida, uncovering incendiary evidence of miscounted votes. But proving our votes can be stolen without a trace culminates in a duel between Diebold voting machines and a computer hacker from Finland - with America's democracy at stake.

HACKING DEMOCRACY takes a nonpartisan, clear-eyed look at the secrecy, cronyism, and incompetence of elections in present-day America as it captures a citizen's movement intent on taking back elections--and democracy itself. “It is hard to imagine...a documentary this season that is more important to the civic life of the nation--let alone one that is so compelling and ultimately moving” (Baltimore Sun).

:shocked::shocked::shocked:

I must see this. I don't have HBO....could I rent it somewhere?

:shocked::shocked::shocked:

I must see this. I don't have HBO....could I rent it somewhere?

I viewed it through NETFLIX.

It is a very good service and reasonably priced.

The film is on their list. (I think they have a first-month-free offer.)

A video store rental place, like BLOCKBUSTER, may also have it.

I doubt it. Wasn't it Reagan's campaign anthem, too?

I giggle-snorted when I read that. My mom's in the room watching TV until it's time for me to leave for work, and I had to cover it up and pretend I was coughing.

in 1984, yes, its funny and sad at the same time, i mean i knew friends of my family who used to vote for him and they were really nice and sincere, they said reagan was doing a lot for them, now i wonder if they belonged to the ones who sang along the BS´song thinking it was deeply patriotic...

the most humiliating thing is the definition of the song in wikipedia, funny though

"Lyrically, the song deals with the effects of the Vietnam War on Americans, although it is often misinterpreted as purely patriotic and jingoistic, notably by President Ronald Reagan"

i like the "notably by President Ronald Reagan",lol

lol@artsy

i wonder how it feels to say anything like that since im not an american myself, i wonder if its funnier for you or for me