The Australian Thread: Seventh Heaven

Rainbow Sky

OG, that's the story of my life. 8.30am lectures 4 days a week when I live 1.5 hours away? I never make it to a single one. I invariably rock up at 9.30am with a mismatched outfit and a coffee in hand.

I couldn't even make my 9am lectures (which only involved catching a bus at 7.45, which was 10 mins from my house), and so, as I had no classes other than that that day, didn't bother going to uni on mondays :naughty:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hiya Aussies. Despite not going to sleep until 4am (hi, Kelz :sneaky2: ) I got up at 6am and went to the gym then for a swim at my ex's (gotta work off that holiday fat :boxed:). Then spent the morning looking for baby pics instead of studying for my exams. :fisch:

I found some, they're not the best but they're ok. One of my photo albums is definitely missing, the ones with my studio shots. :sad: Anyway, I'll scan the ones I found sometime before next Sunday, I need to find time to sit down with my scanner manual and figure out how to work it. :blink:

Lol! Awesome, can't wait. It's so much fun to go photo searching.

I can't believe you can get up at 6am. My body just doesn't work that way.

Can anyone believe my dad wakes up at 4am everyday, even when not working.

That sounds like me.... my alarm goes off so many times before i get up, and each time I convince myself I don't need to get up.

And then, usually I get up at the exact minute I planned to leave, throw on clothes, and grab some toast and head to uni :naughty:

Lol! Yes! This skipping class happens a few times a week, but then the other days it is like that. Get up around/just after the leaving time, stumble into clothes, grab an apple, leave. Because I park on the verge thats kind of in front of where the bus stands, everyone loves to comment that they know the bus is about to leave when they see my car careen around the corner and go airborne for a second before landing on the grass, and I leap out and sprint towards them. Most of the time I get on when the bus has already started and is waiting at the corner to get on the main road. Everytime the driver says "Next time, I'm not going to let you on." he says it with such seriousness that it scares the crap out of me everytime. :naughty:

OG, that's the story of my life. 8.30am lectures 4 days a week when I live 1.5 hours away? I never make it to a single one. I invariably rock up at 9.30am with a mismatched outfit and a coffee in hand.

I couldn't even make my 9am lectures (which only involved catching a bus at 7.45, which was 10 mins from my house), and so, as I had no classes other than that that day, didn't bother going to uni on mondays :naughty:

I never even attempted to go to my one friday lecture. We are all such slackers. To get there for 8.30 classes I catch the 7.30 bus which is half an hour away. Now we have the train, yay! So it'll only take like 15 mins to get there :thumb_yello:

I never even attempted to go to my one friday lecture. We are all such slackers. To get there for 8.30 classes I catch the 7.30 bus which is half an hour away. Now we have the train, yay! So it'll only take like 15 mins to get there :thumb_yello:

Slackers indeed.

And yay for the train. I wish there was a convient train to my uni, or any convient public transport. I take a shuttle bus from the campus 10 minutes away, to my campus (which by shuttle bus or car is 30-45 mins away).

But the bus only leaves every second hour.

Public transport takes about an hour and a half....

I'm not a slacker, I had class 8.30am-3pm everyday except from Wednesdays when I started at 11am and Thursdays and Fridays when I finished a 5.30pm. Soy has exactly half as many subjects as I do this year, now that's slack. *MSN slap*

Slackers indeed.

And yay for the train. I wish there was a convient train to my uni, or any convient public transport. I take a shuttle bus from the campus 10 minutes away, to my campus (which by shuttle bus or car is 30-45 mins away).

But the bus only leaves every second hour.

Public transport takes about an hour and a half....

Wow, that is amazingly similar to me. I also take a bi-hourly shuttle bus from my nearby campus to the main one :thumb_yello:

This stupid train was meant to be finished like .. 3 years ago, and it only just opened.

I'm not a slacker, I had class 8.30am-3pm everyday except from Wednesdays when I started at 11am and Thursdays and Fridays when I finished a 5.30pm. Soy has exactly half as many subjects as I do this year, now that's slack. *MSN slap*

Okay.

*gangs up*

Soy, you are such a slacker. :bleh:

I've found out my brother is whinging about slow internet because he is trying to play some sort of game, and is now whinging at me to stop using the internet, so I'm going to go finish my chicken. Toodle-oo.

Hey, I can't help it if, because I already have done first year arts, my education/arts degree is going to be really light work. (7 hours light :naughty:)

Wow, that is amazingly similar to me. I also take a bi-hourly shuttle bus from my nearby campus to the main one :thumb_yello:

This stupid train was meant to be finished like .. 3 years ago, and it only just opened.

We don't even have the hope of a train line, so I'll be sticking with the shuttle bus.

Next year I'm half at my local campus, and half at my main campus, so it should be easier, I hope

Is it .... Maroon 5? ... the Veronicas?

No, wait, let me try again ... Pink?

Lol, that's a little sad actually. Don't want to let the Mika love spread?

(says the person who is terrified of talking to strangers on the phone, so would never win a radio competition in her life)

Ha ha... it was indeed Pink...

Now it's Black Eyed Peas... I can live with them...

I entered the comp 25 times... good luck to me...

*rubs Mika's tummy for luck*

How many hours do you have per week?

Hey, I can't help it if, because I already have done first year arts, my education/arts degree is going to be really light work. (7 hours light :naughty:)

That is slack though... I had between 10 and 15 hours when I was at uni... 10 hours when I only had 3 classes... and that was the last semester of uni...

Education must be such a slack subject... :naughty:

Ha ha... it was indeed Pink...

Now it's Black Eyed Peas... I can live with them...

I entered the comp 25 times... good luck to me...

*rubs Mika's tummy for luck*

How many hours do you have per week?

That is slack though... I had between 10 and 15 hours when I was at uni... 10 hours when I only had 3 classes... and that was the last semester of uni...

Education must be such a slack subject... :naughty:

If I was doing straight education I'd have around that, its just, because of the double degree, I only do one education unit the first year, two the next, and 3 the year after etc.... (as opposed to the standard amount)

If I was doing straight education I'd have around that, its just, because of the double degree, I only do one education unit the first year, two the next, and 3 the year after etc.... (as opposed to the standard amount)

And how much longer (as in years) do you have to stay at uni?

And out of curiosity, which Ed subject are you doing?

I'm at uni for another 4 years.... (only because of the sequence of the units etc, means I can't finish sooner)

Wheras, if I did a div ed, I'd be there for only 3 more years (but this way, uni pays for it)

And I I'm doing learning and educational enquiry 1&2

I'm at uni for another 4 years.... (only because of the sequence of the units etc, means I can't finish sooner)

Wheras, if I did a div ed, I'd be there for only 3 more years (but this way, uni pays for it)

And I I'm doing learning and educational enquiry 1&2

Ummmm... what does that involve?

Don't you love how titles for subjects can be really vague???

I think it was around 24-25 contact hours per week. I cbf counting to check exactly how many.

whoa...

That's a lot...

I wouldn't count either...

Geez... I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack... they just said "we're going to give away..." and I got excited, but deflated pretty quickly when they said "Pool tickets..."

**** THE POOL TICKETS!!! GIVE ME MIKA!!!

Ummmm... what does that involve?

Don't you love how titles for subjects can be really vague???

I don't know what it involves *clicks on link*

It says "this unit introduces different ways of understanding learning in a range of settings and cultures. The unit will draw on concepts and ideas from sociology, philosophy and psychology. The main focus is on students in early childhood, primary and secondary schools in Australia. Students will also explore the concept of learning in 'communities of learners'. Emphasis will be placed on students relating their understanding of learning in this unit to their learning in other formal and informal learning contexts, and to the development of skills of educational inquiry and academic literacy skills. This unit will incorporate a 5 day professional placement in a primary school setting."

So its basically intro to edu.... and then next year I start subject orientated classes (eg maths, english)

I don't know what it involves *clicks on link*

It says "this unit introduces different ways of understanding learning in a range of settings and cultures. The unit will draw on concepts and ideas from sociology, philosophy and psychology. The main focus is on students in early childhood, primary and secondary schools in Australia. Students will also explore the concept of learning in 'communities of learners'. Emphasis will be placed on students relating their understanding of learning in this unit to their learning in other formal and informal learning contexts, and to the development of skills of educational inquiry and academic literacy skills. This unit will incorporate a 5 day professional placement in a primary school setting."

So its basically intro to edu.... and then next year I start subject orientated classes (eg maths, english)

Hmmmmm.. interesting...

I liked doing the psych subjects I did... they were interesting... I didn't really like sociology...

And that prac would be obseration only... you'll prob do a proper prac around 3rd year... maybe 2nd yr if you're lucky... That's what I liked about CSU... pracs every year...

Hmmmmm.. interesting...

I liked doing the psych subjects I did... they were interesting... I didn't really like sociology...

And that prac would be obseration only... you'll prob do a proper prac around 3rd year... maybe 2nd yr if you're lucky... That's what I liked about CSU... pracs every year...

We have pracs every semester, in the last year I think its 4weeks a semester.

And apparently, by the end of the week, we get to do more than just observe.

I don't mind the sociology stuff, since I'm majoring in sociology in my arts degree, but it will get repititive

That's cos it's really Raffa's pic but.. shh.. you didn't hear that from me.. :naughty:

Um tutu.. Avril Lavigne? Amy Lee of Evanescence? Natalie "Nosejob" Bassingthwaighte? .. :wink2:

Oh... righto... I won't tell her then... :wink2:

It was Ms Bassingthwaighte...

Apparently Mika is going to be on soon... and hopefully I'll find out who won the DVD and CD... better be me... :sneaky2:

We have pracs every semester, in the last year I think its 4weeks a semester.

And apparently, by the end of the week, we get to do more than just observe.

I don't mind the sociology stuff, since I'm majoring in sociology in my arts degree, but it will get repititive

Every semester???

Oh, that makes sense.... esp if you're only doing 4 weeks at the end of your degree...

Ours were 2 weeks observation (start of the year), 4 weeks proper prac - 1st yr

4 weeks 2nd yr

6 weeks 3rd yr

10 week internship

YAY!!! MIKA'S ON!!! *sings Happy Ending*