Chicken or Ticket? Solve the arguement once and for all - Please!

pinkunicorn123

Does he say 'Aint got no chicken' or 'Aint got no ticket'?  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Does he say 'Aint got no chicken' or 'Aint got no ticket'?

We have all been arguing for weeks since the broadcast in the UK of Mika's cover 'I got life' on Jools' Hootenanny 2007/08.

For those of you who havent yet seen it or would like to relisten, here is the link, provided by our very own babs:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GrP7VggNuZI

The video has drawn 123 comments alone, not to mention the constant mentioning on the mfc.

So, at 1:02 - Does he, or does he not say 'aint got no chicken'?

The correct lyric would be 'aint got no ticket', and with off pronounciation, it would easily be that also - make your votes.

Lets settle it.

For the sake of man kind and mfc post counts.

EDIT: This post from a newbie had to be brought to the front page by default....lmao!

You know what?

I think I actually registered here to vote for chicken :lmfao:

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as much as I want it to be CHICKEN...

I must admit my brain tells me it really was a crappy-pronounced TICKET

Mika, go see a logopedist (?)!

logopedist?

*googles*

No, your right, logopedist.

I think its more of a mica singing flare/technique than it is a speech impediment lol.

He's saying "Chick - eh"

But he means "Tick-et"

My hearing says he sang "chickeeeh". Reasoning, including the fact that it's a well-known song sung on a well-known program and that Mika is a notorious mispronouncer, tells me that it's a mispronounced version of the original lyric "ticket". But someone said that they watched the program with subtitles and it said "chicken", so I'm not entirely sure of my previous view any more. But I voted "ticket" anyway.

My hearing says he sang "chickeeeh". Reasoning, including the fact that it's a well-known song sung on a well-known program and that Mika is a notorious mispronouncer, tells me that it's a mispronounced version of the original lyric "ticket". But someone said that they watched the program with subtitles and it said "chicken", so I'm not entirely sure of my previous view any more. But I voted "ticket" anyway.

Curious about the subtitles - might try it if i remember.

I have voted ticket too. I agree with scut above, regarding what he actually sings, but I don't think he meant it to be chicken.

Also if you listen to some Grace Kellys, (live) he often says 'chello my baby'

Or that's what Jems and I hear anyway. Another thing, when he's live and says 'come on' it sometimes sounds like ch, so I just think he is prone to pronounce certain words in that way.

And if you listen to some Grace Kellys, (live) he often says 'chello my baby'. Or that's what Jems and I hear anyway. Another thing, when he's live and says 'come on' it sometimes sounds like ch, so I just think he is prone to pronounce certain words in that way.

I agree, he often inserts odd pronunciations when he sings. But as Christine pointed out earlier today, it's odd considering that he enunciates very well when he speaks.

I agree, he often inserts odd pronunciations when he sings. But as Christine pointed out earlier today, it's odd considering that he enunciates very well when he speaks.

ithink he just like to have fun with the lyrics.... :naughty:

Or to keep everyone guessing about everything that surrounds him...

yes! probably it! lmao

its so funny... the conversatons on this forum... im sure we entertain mika.... :naughty:

I have voted ticket too. I agree with scut above, regarding what he actually sings, but I don't think he meant it to be chicken.

Also if you listen to some Grace Kellys, (live) he often says 'chello my baby'

Or that's what Jems and I hear anyway. Another thing, when he's live and says 'come on' it sometimes sounds like ch, so I just think he is prone to pronounce certain words in that way.

Yeah! He does that big time!

Especially in the beginning of Relax after the first time he sings the chorus. There's a small instrumental intermezzo and he al-ways screams:

"che-mooo"