The Arabic Speaking Thread...anyone?

xBillyBrownx

hey,this is really interesting! Thanks for alphabet! Looks really hard to me.

I've been wondering is there a lot of diference in this language from one arabic country to the other?

The only word that looks familiar to me is marhaba. I used to live in Bosnia and a lot of words with turkish origine are used there,so I now some of them. But,that's not arabic,so I'm not quite sure why did I write this :roftl:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont even know them by heart.. hehe. I used to! When I was five..:naughty:

hehe i do coz i gotta read the Quran,

but (to other people who look confused at the alphabet)...you read from right to left and *kh* is pronounced *gh* almost like cleaning out your throat- ok i donno how to explain that:blink:

hey,this is really interesting! Thanks for alphabet! Looks really hard to me.

I've been wondering is there a lot of diference in this language from one arabic country to the other?

The only word that looks familiar to me is marhaba. I used to live in Bosnia and a lot of words with turkish origine are used there,so I now some of them. But,that's not arabic,so I'm not quite sure why did I write this :roftl:

hehe it probably does.. but the letters aren't actually that difficult to write at all.. (with practice:mf_rosetinted: )

no formal arabic is pretty much the same in all arabic speaking countries. it's the diallect and colloquial words that vary..

haha it's okay.. you should join us ramblers at the "rambing" thread!:naughty::cool:

but (to other people who look confused at the alphabet)...you read from right to left and *kh* is pronounced *gh* almost like cleaning out your throat- ok i donno how to explain that:blink:

haha that sounds about right:thumb_yello:

how did i miss this thread in january???

in april i've missed a lot of thing so i'm not wondering....

of course i speak banese!!!

& i love to i think it's very funny & it's very useful to speak a different language that no one else than can understand!!!

i "can read a bit, but not very well coz i've learned lately, and i write like a 7 year old child:blush-anim-cl: :naughty:

but it's true that in Lebanon we use a lot of french & english, so instead of ma3 el salamé, wed rather use bye or salut or ciao..... like everywhere else:naughty:

how did i miss this thread in january???

in april i've missed a lot of thing so i'm not wondering....

of course i speak banese!!!

& i love to i think it's very funny & it's very useful to speak a different language that no one else than can understand!!!

i "can read a bit, but not very well coz i've learned lately, and i write like a 7 year old child:blush-anim-cl: :naughty:

but it's true that in Lebanon we use a lot of french & english, so instead of ma3 el salamé, wed rather use bye or salut or ciao..... like everywhere else:naughty:

I know i think it's really cool too!:cool:

haha i can't write very well either although i've been doing it all my life.. i guess it's because i'm so used to writing in english i don't get enough practice for arabic. and yes we say "bye" as well! ;)

haha thank you! phew!

haha anytime :bleh:

yea, me too.that's how i learnt arabic.

well,if u guys sort of learn it by heart and make it a part of you,arabic writing is not that hard to read :wink2:

This is a cool thread! I've always wanted to learn how to speak Arabic and Farsi! Right now i'm trying to learn French, but it isn't going to well... lol

But I do speak Hindu, not close but kind of close in geography

lol

cool! this thread is interesting.i learn arabic formally,but i dun get it :shocked:

billy brown's sig reads 'ana buhibbu mika!",am i rite? or is it bihabbi mika?lol.

ooh,i know this:

how are you: kaifa haluka? (if ur talking to a guy)

kaifa haluki?(to girls)

answer: ana bikhair.. (i'm fine)

what's ur name?:ma asmuka?(to guys)

ma asmuki? (to girls)

thank you:syukran..

thank you so much: syukran jaziila.

good bye: ma'assalamah.

i'm a bit confused - you can write it in both the arabic alphabet, and in this alphabet too? like what kaeryana wrote above, is that just how you pronounce it, or can you write it like that aswell??? :blink:

:naughty: Sorry if i'm being a bit dumb, or stating the obvious.... i just love learning about other languages and things! :bleh:

Wooww Hindu that souds very exciting! It must be very hard as well!

I know, that sounds real hard! All the ones with different alphabets look really hard to learn.

I know i think it's really cool too!:cool:

haha i can't write very well either although i've been doing it all my life.. i guess it's because i'm so used to writing in english i don't get enough practice for arabic. and yes we say "bye" as well! ;)

haha anytime :bleh:

we say (when i talk to moslem parents/ adults) as'salaam'mu'alaikom or just salaam

yea, me too.that's how i learnt arabic.

well,if u guys sort of learn it by heart and make it a part of you,arabic writing is not that hard to read :wink2:

yeah but it does get tricky:wink2:

i'm a bit confused - you can write it in both the arabic alphabet, and in this alphabet too? like what kaeryana wrote above, is that just how you pronounce it, or can you write it like that aswell??? :blink:

:naughty: Sorry if i'm being a bit dumb, or stating the obvious.... i just love learning about other languages and things! :bleh:

I know, that sounds real hard! All the ones with different alphabets look really hard to learn.

no no no you not being dumb at al! and yep you can write it in normal letters, just like i mentioned before about the 'kh' being pronounced 'gh':thumb_yello:

I noe right!

About Arabic: what kaeryana wrote was how it's written/read/pronounced... But for most people it's difficult to type in arabic so with computerised stuff they'll just write it the way it's pronounced... does that make sense?

MARHABA EVERYBODY

I speak Iraqi (dialect) and not very fluently. I do not speak formal arabic. Next year Im going to take classic arabic @ the university.

So how are you allll?

Ooh interesting are you part Iraqi?

:D

Ohh yes and I'm good thanks how are you?

Ooh interesting are you part Iraqi?

:D

Ohh yes and I'm good thanks how are you?

Yep im 1/2 Iraqi my dads Iraqi :)..Iraq has got very much in common with Libanon the people are very different like Lebanese peeps...so haha since there is no Iraqi thread I joined the Lebanese one..and Im glad this thread is started.

Im good..busy graduating actually so I wont be that much around now..you live in egypt or koeweit?

Marhaba :wink2:

*waves*

How's it going in this thread?

Heyy! It's okay.. I guess we're taking it slow :fisch:

Yep im 1/2 Iraqi my dads Iraqi :)..Iraq has got very much in common with Libanon the people are very different like Lebanese peeps...so haha since there is no Iraqi thread I joined the Lebanese one..and Im glad this thread is started.

Im good..busy graduating actually so I wont be that much around now..you live in egypt or koeweit?

Oooh.. Oh yes I know!

No I'm Egyptian and I live in Egypt haha.. Where do you live?

Are you graduating from uni??

Oooh.. Oh yes I know!

No I'm Egyptian and I live in Egypt haha.. Where do you live?

Are you graduating from uni??

Oh Egypt sounds cool:thumb_yello:

I live in Holland...dont ask me why cause Ive got no Dutch anchestry..its nice to know another language though and its multicultural so I love it...its my home now. Where in Egypt do you live??

Oh Egypt sounds cool:thumb_yello:

I live in Holland...dont ask me why cause Ive got no Dutch anchestry..its nice to know another language though and its multicultural so I love it...its my home now. Where in Egypt do you live??

Haha that's really cool.. I love languages as well:thumb_yello:

So where else re you from??

I live in Cairo! It's gret you should come :original:

Haha that's really cool.. I love languages as well:thumb_yello:

So where else re you from??

I live in Cairo! It's gret you should come :original:

I have Romanian and English blood in my veins and I speak both languages :)

You are Lebanese (yes Ive read the Lebanese thread first a bit before posting on it) and Egyptian and something else?

I would love to come to Cairo some day:D

I have Romanian and English blood in my veins and I speak both languages :)

You are Lebanese (yes Ive read the Lebanese thread first a bit before posting on it) and Egyptian and something else?

I would love to come to Cairo some day:D

That's reallyy coool! Lucky you:wub2: I only speak English, Arabic and a bit of French...

Haha no I'm 100% Egyptian.. But I go on the Lebanese thread because it is/was the only Arabic thread.. And people are nice:thumb_yello:

Yesss it's cool :P

Hi

Guess everythings ok haha..How are you?

Hows LA? You live near to Hollywood?

Things are fine here in LA...

I live about 15 minutes away from Hollywood, but I'm in that area pretty often.

:bleh: LOL I noticed this slightly slower pace... :boxed: and the fact that the "Arabic Speaking Thread" has all posts in English. :naughty:

*waits for someone to compose a sentence in Arabic* :fisch:

... just to see if I can read it(probably not). :naughty:

That's reallyy coool! Lucky you:wub2: I only speak English, Arabic and a bit of French...

Haha no I'm 100% Egyptian.. But I go on the Lebanese thread because it is/was the only Arabic thread.. And people are nice:thumb_yello:

Yesss it's cool :P

French is a cool language I understand it a bit, but I cannot speak it really..

Haha I also went to the Lebanese thread for the same reason..to bad it's not very active but I am also a busy person so I understand that we can't be all every day the whole day here;)

So what do you study @ college in Egypt?