The Arabic Speaking Thread...anyone?

xBillyBrownx

Hi!

I've got a CD and its all over in Arabic except the short intro on the cover which is in English.

Fortunately all the titles of the songs are also written with Latin letters. I tried on my own with a help from internet but could translate only 2 of them :original:

So can someone give me hand with the others, please?

Ya Nassima Douja

La Tass'alouni = don't ask me

Kad Ataka Ya'tazirou

Ya Aakidal Hajibayni

Rudani Ela Biladi = take me back to my home land

Assidat Loubnan = poem for Lebanon

Almahaba= Love (more like friendship, brotherhood, it's the concept of Love between humans)

Many thanks in advance :wub2:

:blink: I tried as much as I can, some of my (litteral) translation sounds maybe a bit weird to you ...and also to me.

I hope that someone else will try too...:bleh:

by the way what kind of music it is?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Cubitus, just a curiosity for me....

you can write arabic also with european letters? Is it a "official" transliteration or just a slang for Internet?

Are you polyglot it isn't?

(arabic, english, french and a little bit of italian?!) :wink2:

we can write arabic with latin letters yeah but only for the internet and chatting and stuff like that :wink2: and yeah i'm polyglot :blush-anim-cl:

by the way what kind of music it is?

Hey, LebAngel and tnx a lot for your help :)

For me it's difficult to determine. Folk? It's from Fairuz. I heard her first when I was in Jordan and then I wanted to buy her music but they had only tapes to offer :(

In Beirut there was a loooong shelf with Fairuz' CDs and I picked up some CDs without knowing very well what am I exactly picking up. So, later I realised that I had chosen also one which was fully in Arabic although the sticker on the cover was in English (it says that some songs are on poems by Gibran :)). It is a bit crazy if you don't have a lightest glue what a song is about :roftl:

So your help was truly needed. Thank you for your post!

we can write arabic with latin letters yeah but only for the internet and chatting and stuff like that :wink2: and yeah i'm polyglot :blush-anim-cl:

thank you, very interesting... i did not know about it...

a lot of knowledge of culture in this forum :blush-anim-cl:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Wait, wait! I hope this thread's not dead forever cause I just joined in the forum!

I lived for 2 years in Egypt, it's absolutely fantastic a place! The language's tough - not similar to any other in any way:-) but I managed to pick up a bit and I hope to learn more.

Wait, wait! I hope this thread's not dead forever cause I just joined in the forum!

I lived for 2 years in Egypt, it's absolutely fantastic a place! The language's tough - not similar to any other in any way:-) but I managed to pick up a bit and I hope to learn more.

I hope not, it just need some reviving. :wink2:

:welcomeani:

Tell us more, did you live elsewhere in the Arabic-speaking world before Egypt or did you learn the language at school? :original:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everybody! :bye:

I'm not arabic but I'm really a lover of arabic stuff... I went to Istambul last April and it was a very good place...:wub2:

I'd like to learn arabic language but I think it's not very easy....

:bye:

Istambul/Istanbul is in Turkey which is technically not Arab. :wink2: But it has an interesting culture too. :thumb_yello:

Learning Arabic is indeed a challenge because firstly the characters aren't latin (like English, French, Italian etc.) and secondly because the grammar can be complex. But it has the advantage of having a very rich vocabulary with a lot of subtlety and nuances of meaning so Arabic literature is very expressive and poetic.

Just wondering how many (if any) Arabic speakers there are out there :cool: ..

This is for anyone who loves Mika and comes from an Arabic speaking background..perhaps where he isn't very famous:thumbdown: ..

Or anyone at all.. Interested in Arabic? ;)

Oh hi Arabic speaking people!

I'm half Syrian. I'm not allowed to learn Arabic. My father was/is and I live with my mother and my mother hates my father and so I'm not allowed.

But may I post here if I don't knw a word?

I know a friend of mine, Yasmin (NOT DaWack) is determined to teach me Arabic but seening as, well, I can't do it in broad daylight, it's rather a lost cause, I'd love to learn, is that ok?

Sorry, I don't mean to cause offense to anyone, just to explain my situation I suppose I have to be frank. It's better not to studder around tip toeing.

So I ask again, may I please be an "honorary member?"

xx

Oh hi Arabic speaking people!

I'm half Syrian. I'm not allowed to learn Arabic. My father was/is and I live with my mother and my mother hates my father and so I'm not allowed.

But may I post here if I don't knw a word?

I know a friend of mine, Yasmin (NOT DaWack) is determined to teach me Arabic but seening as, well, I can't do it in broad daylight, it's rather a lost cause, I'd love to learn, is that ok?

Sorry, I don't mean to cause offense to anyone, just to explain my situation I suppose I have to be frank. It's better not to studder around tip toeing.

So I ask again, may I please be an "honorary member?"

xx

I used to have a friend who was half Greek and half Syrian who lived with her mother after her parents divorced however she studied Arabic on the weekends since although her mother hated her ex-husband she wanted her daughter to stay in touch with her heritage. I can't really comment on your mother's reasoning, but if you're interested in the Arabic language and/or the culture then feel free to stick around. :thumb_yello:

I used to have a friend who was half Greek and half Syrian who lived with her mother after her parents divorced however she studied Arabic on the weekends since although her mother hated her ex-husband she wanted her daughter to stay in touch with her heritage. I can't really comment on your mother's reasoning, but if you're interested in the Arabic language and/or the culture then feel free to stick around. :thumb_yello:

Thanks!

Ah, she's ok, it's not something I'll go into to make you feel uncomfortable but it's more my father's fault for screwing her up mentally and so she hates the mention of it.

Poor Mika, thank goodness he doesn't live with me although I love Lebanese ;)

xxx

Istambul/Istanbul is in Turkey which is technically not Arab. :wink2: But it has an interesting culture too. :thumb_yello:

Learning Arabic is indeed a challenge because firstly the characters aren't latin (like English, French, Italian etc.) and secondly because the grammar can be complex. But it has the advantage of having a very rich vocabulary with a lot of subtlety and nuances of meaning so Arabic literature is very expressive and poetic.

:blush-anim-cl: Istanbul of course... I written quickly so I was wrong... SORRY!

Bue when I was there I noticed much arabic stuff... It was really amazing! I was bewitched from that beautiful place!

anyway... I like arabic culture!

:wub2:

aww...i love the arabic culture too. (and the food, it's my fave)...but no...i don't have anyone in my family that would have even the smallest amount of arabic root :thumbdown:

but i have good friends that live in syria :D and i tried to learn arabic...i still do, can i at least join the conversation, please :wub2:

aww...i love the arabic culture too. (and the food, it's my fave)...but no...i don't have anyone in my family that would have even the smallest amount of arabic root :thumbdown:

but i have good friends that live in syria :D and i tried to learn arabic...i still do, can i at least join the conversation, please :wub2:

Did u ever eat arabic food? Me, I would like but in my town there isn't any arabic restaurants... :thumbdown:

I could go to other town a little bit far from where I live... :bleh:

Did u ever eat arabic food? Me, I would like but in my town there isn't any arabic restaurants... :thumbdown:

Oh you must!

Arabic food is the best and only thing I remember about the culture and it is something I suggest EVERYBODY tries at least once!

But that's just me :D

i spend most of my money on arabic food. it's delicious!!!

we have a lebanese restaurant in our city...it's pretty expensive but it's worth every penny :drool:

actually in our city we have loads of arabs that came for studies years ago and many of them ended up opening specific restaurants because many people love their food.

and the TEA :mf_lustslow::wub2:

Oh you must!

Arabic food is the best and only thing I remember about the culture and it is something I suggest EVERYBODY tries at least once!

But that's just me :D

Oh thaks... I have to try it! I'll do! :thumb_yello:

i spend most of my money on arabic food. it's delicious!!!

we have a lebanese restaurant in our city...it's pretty expensive but it's worth every penny :drool:

actually in our city we have loads of arabs that came for studies years ago and many of them ended up opening specific restaurants because many people love their food.

and the TEA :mf_lustslow::wub2:

thta's very nice what these arabs people do in your town.

Lucky you, you have lebanese restaurant... I would like to eat lebanese food... :mf_lustslow:

In my town there aren't much arab. We have much chinese people and many chinese restaurants.

But last april I went to Istanbul but I've eaten italian food :thumbdown:

Edited by Gracekelly85

Oh thaks... I have to try it! I'll do! :thumb_yello:

thta's very nice what these arabs people do in your town.

Lucky you, you have lebanese restaurant... I would like to eat lebanese food... :mf_lustslow:

In my town there aren't much arab. We have much chinese people and many chinese restaurants.

But last april I went to Istanbul but I've eaten italian food :thumbdown:

oh that's a pity :(

italian food is good too though

we have chinese restaurants here too. when i go out i usually pick chinese or arabic...but mostly arabic.

oh that's a pity :(

italian food is good too though

we have chinese restaurants here too. when i go out i usually pick chinese or arabic...but mostly arabic.

yeah! italian food is good but I wish I would something from Istanbul... We were much italian people that day and much of people dislike arabic food and the wanted to eat just italian food! :thumbdown:

I can imagine that mostly you eat arabic! :thumb_yello:

• 2 years later...
Anyone here????

Am in an arabic speaker and am kinda late but am new so excuse moi :naughty:

sooo مرحبااا يا ناس!

thats arabic is so small i cant read it :blink: I can only read marhaba but not the other bit :aah:

i wanna learn some arabic. :biggrin2:

i now the albhabet and no#s up to 10 and few words but that's about it :aah::biggrin2:

EDIT: oh and the last three letters say naas ?

thats arabic is so small i cant read it :blink: I can only read marhaba but not the other bit :aah:

i wanna learn some arabic. :biggrin2:

i now the albhabet and no#s up to 10 and few words but that's about it :aah::biggrin2:

EDIT: oh and the last three letters say naas ?

Yeah its my keyboard ..it does that to the arabic letters :thumbdown: .... you want to learn?? ur already reading it Hiba!...what words do u know? I could help! maybe i should open a "learn Arabic Thread" :mf_rosetinted: ... yes it says nas :thumb_yello:

Yeah its my keyboard ..it does that to the arabic letters :thum bdown: .... you want to learn?? ur already reading it Hiba!...what words do u know? I could help! maybe i should open a "learn Arabic Thread" :mf_r osetinted: ... yes it says nas :thumb _yello:

haha I learnt it in primary school for 6+ years :blink:. I wasnt intrested in learning it then but I wanna learn it now :aah:

ya I can read basic stuff :D I cant think of anything I can say right now :aah:

ermmmmmmm...

ananas - pineapple :mf_rosetinted:

batatas - potato ?

asalamalaykum (obv) :D

qorsi (??) - chair

arnab - rabbit

asad - lion

kalb - dog

just very basic stuff :aah:

haha it'd be cool if you could teach me :biggrin2::aah:

I dont like going to classes etc but it'd be cool if I could learn some phrases and more word.

lol :D