The Arabic Speaking Thread...anyone?

xBillyBrownx

Things are fine here in LA...

I live about 15 minutes away from Hollywood, but I'm in that area pretty often.

:bleh: LOL I noticed this slightly slower pace... :boxed: and the fact that the "Arabic Speaking Thread" has all posts in English. :naughty:

*waits for someone to compose a sentence in Arabic* :fisch:

... just to see if I can read it(probably not). :naughty:

I only see LA on tv haha, like Punk'd or the movies of course..so are there really a lot of people in LA who want to become a movie star or some kind of star lol:naughty:

And Yes the posts are in English maybe because everyone has a different dialect/accent and not everyone knows (me...lol) the common classic arabic very well.

Can you read Arabic letters?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I only see LA on tv haha, like Punk'd or the movies of course..so are there really a lot of people in LA who want to become a movie star or some kind of star lol:naughty:

And Yes the posts are in English maybe because everyone has a different dialect/accent and not everyone knows (me...lol) the common classic arabic very well.

Can you read Arabic letters?

Punk'd (LOL). Yes, I guess there are a lot of people who come here for that reason... and most of them can't ever break into "the business"... lots of "wannabes".

But I was born and raised here so I don't really see the city like that, it's just my hometown. :thumb_yello: (Maybe I'm just used to it.) :bleh:

I can recognize the letters in the Arabic alphabet, but with actual words, I completely lost...:roftl:

I meant writing it out in the English alphabet, like: Al instead of ال :thumb_yello:

:bleh: LOL I noticed this slightly slower pace... and the fact that the "Arabic Speaking Thread" has all posts in English.

*waits for someone to compose a sentence in Arabic*

... just to see if I can read it(probably not).

Hahaha i noeee :lol3: Interesting point. Let me start...:blink:

Elgaw gameel f Masr..:cool:

French is a cool language I understand it a bit, but I cannot speak it really..

Haha I also went to the Lebanese thread for the same reason..to bad it's not very active but I am also a busy person so I understand that we can't be all every day the whole day here;)

So what do you study @ college in Egypt?

Hehe yes yes true.. I'm not that busy but oh well..:mf_rosetinted:

I'm still in school! But I graduate this year.. How about you?

Punk'd (LOL). Yes, I guess there are a lot of people who come here for that reason... and most of them can't ever break into "the business"... lots of "wannabes".

But I was born and raised here so I don't really see the city like that, it's just my hometown.(Maybe I'm just used to it.)

I can recognize the letters in the Arabic alphabet, but with actual words, I completely lost...

I meant writing it out in the English alphabet, like: Al instead of ال

Arabic is a vry hard language i guess...:blink:

Hehe yeahh wheneve I think of LA I think wanabe actors.. That or poker.. It's very strange.. But it's probably not as extreme as it seems on tv..

SOOO is ANyONE going on vacation this year (summervacation)...I cant I have no money and time...

That's how I feel... lol

But I'll probably plan a little trip by the time summer is here. My birthday is in the summer after all, so I should definitely do something fun. :thumb_yello:

I'm going to لبنان :D

Lebanon, that's cool. :wink2:

I've never been..:boxed:

How long will you be there?

That's how I feel... lol

But I'll probably plan a little trip by the time summer is here. My birthday is in the summer after all, so I should definitely do something fun. :thumb_yello:

Lebanon, that's cool. :wink2:

I've never been..:boxed:

How long will you be there?

I think for a month and a half... Cause I'm Lebanese and all my relatives are there. I go every summer. You're lucky ur bday is in the summer, mine is at the end of the summer and that sucks, it's always so depressing :bleh:

I think for a month and a half... Cause I'm Lebanese and all my relatives are there. I go every summer. You're lucky ur bday is in the summer, mine is at the end of the summer and that sucks, it's always so depressing :bleh:

I want to go to Lebanon too, but I think I will go to Jordan first...(cause there is now civilwarstuff over there) but not this summer though that sucks:(

have fun in Lebanon!!

• 2 weeks later...

مرحبا كل الناس!

لست عربية, لكني درست اللغة اعربية الفصحى واحكي شويا من اللحية اسورية\ اللبنانية. اتمنّ انكم تفحم كليماتي.

Now let me go back to English, it takes me ages to find the right keys in the keyboard... So, I love Arabic language and culture, I've a lot of friends in many Arab countries and try to practise my Arabic as much as I can (although I've already forgotten a lot :sad:).

I hope everybody's okay, I've just heard really worrying news from Beirut and I'm very worried. It's all so unfair...

مرحبا كل الناس!

لست عربية, لكني درست اللغة اعربية الفصحى واحكي شويا من اللحية اسورية\ اللبنانية. اتمنّ انكم تفحم كليماتي.

Now let me go back to English, it takes me ages to find the right keys in the keyboard... So, I love Arabic language and culture, I've a lot of friends in many Arab countries and try to practise my Arabic as much as I can (although I've already forgotten a lot :sad:).

I hope everybody's okay, I've just heard really worrying news from Beirut and I'm very worried. It's all so unfair...

wow! I always get so frustrated when I try to type in arabic that I erase everything before I'm done with the first word:naughty: But it's great that you can write arabic too.

And, yeah! It is unfair. I know people here trying to go back to Lebanon and people in Lebanon trying to come back here... but nooo: the airport's closed... And I dunno if I'm gonna be able to spend my summer there:thumbdown:

found it! finally

the threads move a lot here lol

anyway .. billy brown, glad u started this thread ;)

I speak and write Arabic perfectly.. and i like to do all the accents =P

well except the algerian one (and the ones similar to it), they're very difficult

i also understand Persian .. kinda =P

i'm really intersted in languages too.. i know a tiny bit of Italian and Japanese, wish that i know more but i'm sometimes too lazy to learn anything

it's nice to know that there r many people intersted in my language, so i'd love to help anyone who wants to learn it here

heyy you!

wow you understant persian? that's so cool!

ana bardo batkalem w bakteb 3arabi kwayes bas mesh ba3raf gheir egyptian, lebanese and saudi accent! the rest are so hard!

what accent's you fav then? :P

hii ^^ sup??

hehe yea i do since my mom, grandma and other family members speak persian all of the time.. but it's not like real persian it's kinda different we call it "holi" but it's very similar to it

ee saudi yeshbah lahjatna wo mo 9a3eb 3la fekra

umm b7eb atkalem masri awi :biggrin2:, it's really fun! and i also like syrian but i keep mixing between egyptian, syrian and lebanese and confuse myself :roftl:

knt atabe3 "bab el 7ara" wahlshay 5lani a7eb el soori akthar bas 5rb6ny zyada :naughty:

well.. idont speak any Arabic, but it seems like an interesting language to learn. Unfortunatly my school doesn't offer it only 'French' and 'Spanish'.:thumbdown:

well lucky u my school only offers english .. plus a few french lessons (haven't had any of them yet)

if u want to learn any arabic words just let me know :bleh:

hmm.. ok... How is everyone..?:naughty:

Lol. I R grrreat (I R BABOON). And yourself?

hehe ana bkhair bas shway malal wo endi emt'han bacher, we ento shlonkum ?

lol i'm trying not to use numbers which is a hard thing to do xD

Ahh 3amalti eh fil emta7an? Ana kaman 3andi emta7anat bas 7akhalas youm 3 june. Ahh sa3at it's hard without numbers bas the only numbers i use are 3 and 7. El ba2y mesh bafhamoh uslun :lol3: