Mika is coming to Montreal, Quebec, Canada on January 28, 2008 Ye!

Narby

I am so happy; I am 59 years old and I fell in love with Mika's song, last year. My children (26 and 27 years old) knew about it and they got me tickets for his show, that is in 2 days! I am so gratefull to my kids because I like his music so much.

I read a lot about him but I still have plenty of questions and also, since I am french-canadian, there are words that I dont understand especially In any other world, when the man talks in a funny accent (Pakistan-Indu- Sri-Lanka???) Can anybody give me thewords please.

Thank you so much et à bientôt.:thumb_yello:

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so happy; I am 59 years old and I fell in love with Mika's song, last year. My children (26 and 27 years old) knew about it and they got me tickets for his show, that is in 2 days! I am so gratefull to my kids because I like his music so much.

I read a lot about him but I still have plenty of questions and also, since I am french-canadian, there are words that I dont understand especially In any other world, when the man talks in a funny accent (Pakistan-Indu- Sri-Lanka???) Can anybody give me thewords please.

Welcome! You've found like-minded people here. :thumb_yello:

There's an entire thread about the Montreal gig here:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10949

And, come say "hi" in the Canadian thread, here:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3359&highlight=Canadian

As for at the end of Any Other World, the voice is Mika's family friend, Raffa Kobeisi. She tells the story of being left by her significant other, and how she lost an eye in a bombing in Lebanon.

"Same day i went to dress for wedding

same day where i weren't married

what happened?

he's go married another girl

when he's married another girl

i am very very sad

i can't walk

like [unclear] my legs

how he's married different lady?

I no believe

after one month

i am sent up in balcony

some bomb come for my eyes

my eyes gone

my eyes gone

and now i have only one eyes

i am sad until now

i never ever

i forget my story

my face no sad

but sometimes...

i am sad."

welcome ! I am so happy you can go to the Montreal Concert! its wonderful!

you are going to have a wonderful time and it is so nice that your kids got tickets for you! wow! have a great time! lots of love,Suzanne :wub2:

you are 59 !!!!!! you should do some gardening or pat your cat for a bit

god forbid unless you are the original version of billy brown

There is nothing wrong with being an oldling and being a fan of Mikas music.

There are a lot of us on here, so it might be nice if you showed a little bit of respect.

And to our Canadian friend, I hope you have a good time at the show, you won't be disappointed. Have fun.

you are 59 !!!!!! you should do some gardening or pat your cat for a bit

god forbid unless you are the original version of billy brown

Well I pat my cat and go to Mika gigs. I multi skill.

I don't like gardening though. :mf_rosetinted:

Welcome Narby, I am sure you will really enjoy the gig and will be left wanting more.

Age has nothing to do with it.

At Shepherds Bush last year, I was next to a 70 year old man, who was up and giving it some with the rest of us. He loved Mika, wasn't too keen on Pull Tiger Tail.

Ooh, I'm so happy for you that you get to see him live when he comes over!! :)

Have a brilliant time, and tell us all about the concert afterwards :wub2:

Hi there and welcome to the MFC. I am also in my fifties as well. I am 53, and until now I think I was the oldest person in the club. But Mika takes years off us and gives us a new lease of life. Have a great and Mikatastic time!!

Love today, from Marilyn

Welcome and please join us in the Canadian thread!

Are your kids taking you to the concert? I hope you will give us a report once you've seen it.

Hey gals,

That post about gardening was reported. I assume you can defend yourself against the annoying kiddo, but if you want me to delete it, please let me know :naughty:

The rest of us can defend ourselves but what an obnoxious thing to say to a newbie. Jeezus.