The Australian Thread: Part Eight

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang on ... Joe Jackson ... does he sing "Is she really going out with him?" :shocked:

yep. That was his big hit...

My husband liked him years ago and spread the joy to me, and we've gone to every concert he has ever done in Australia. It's lovely and easy to get tickets, even weeks after they go on sale, but the concerts are great, because everyone there is a hardcore fan. Bob Geldof too, we've gone to every concert he's ever done here. (I don't like Mondays! lol!)

So, yes, I will be going to other concerts this year, and would be really happy about all of them if I wasn't making insane comparisons all the time. Torturing myself is definitely happening, and I could even stop it if I decided I wanted to...

(Any one who wants audios of any of them, let me know. I will probably be wired for sound!)

Another off topic

If any of you have ever seen an ecstatic toddler/kid turning them selves upside down in knots and paroxysms of laughter, then imagine a 6'2 lanky teenager doing it on the couch next to me! Yes, Good News Week is back, and I was laughing as hard at the wriggler as I was at he jokes he was finding so hilarious!

It's a Good News Week, Someone dropped a bomb this year,

Contaminate the atmosphere...tum tum (forgot the words!)

I feel like they know some of how we feel but there have been times when we have held back how we really do feel.. I agree a letter, where we all write a paragraph would be a good idea..

I don't think I can take the 'Not-Knowing when' for much longer..

Most artists, when they cancel a concert, make an efficient effort at rescheduling that concert.. look at the London gigs from december for example.. they knew within a few weeks when they where being rescheduled for, didn't they? We've had nothing.. and it feels like we got an excuse with out an acknowledgment and absolutely NO sugar-coating to make us feel better..

All I've felt for 2 months is disappointment.. I want the HOPE back..

As per usual Mouselle! :naughty:

Hey, watchoo talkin' about! I never did nuffin till Mika! It wasn't me, twas his bad influence! He made me do it!

I bought the gear after I heard the live in Berlin and Milan audios, and I could not bear the thought that Mika might come and go and leave me without one of my own. So I got what one of the guys reccomended. That was the first concert I ever recorded, but now I've got the gear , I can't let it go to waste, can I?

It's Good News Week!

Someone dropped a bomb somwwhere

contaminating atmosphere and blackening the sky

It's Good News Week!

Someone's found a way to give

the rotting dead a will to live

go on and never die

It's Good News Week!

it's sad i know the words to it

Slap it Bec...

*slaps it* still nothing.

I'm running diagnostic tests (oh that makes me sound smart) to find out why it's working, and, if it doesn't give me a good reason and the net plays along long enough, I may uninstall and reinstall (its worked before)

Hi Mouselle! I thought of you when i saw that the Matchbox 20 tickets had gone on sale.

Did you say James Blunt is coming to Australia?:shocked: I must admit I've been ignoring poor James while all these mika gigs have been on, haven't even been reading the myspace bulletins, that's probably why i missed it. do you know if they are sold out?

Oh and I didn't mean to be rude! Hello fellow Mikamites!

I feel like they know some of how we feel but there have been times when we have held back how we really do feel.. I agree a letter, where we all write a paragraph would be a good idea..

Most artists, when they cancel a concert, make an efficient effort at rescheduling that concert.. look at the London gigs from december for example.. they knew within a few weeks when they where being rescheduled for, didn't they? We've had nothing.. and it feels like we got an excuse with out an acknowledgment and absolutely NO sugar-coating to make us feel better..

Kelzy, have you given any more thought to what we discussed yesterday?

James is the weird one... the Harry Potter lookalike is Nicholas Tedeschi (I think that's his name)...

Yep... apparently the girls love him... I suspect the boys too (at least one of the Army boys messages him all the time... Nathan's gf called him his bf...)

lol!

I reckon we should... good chance someone will see him... I can write it if people would like their names on it... just let me know..

hmm, I wonder if it would be lame/deterring to do something spectacular ... with pictures of pleading from us all :naughty::bleh:

Well... I can't help it if m city was named after a colour/fruit... least m city isn't an insult (in the early 90's people called each other a Dubbo... as in stupid/lame.etc...)

Lol! I wish I still lived in Cockburn :naughty:

Actually, I quite often get strange reactions from eastern-state-ers (and WA-ers when we first moved here when it was just starting).

"Where do live?" "Secret Harbour" "Haha, but seriously?"

Or... for those with a comedic streak- "Is it a secret?/Why are you telling me if it's a secret/any other pathetic joke referring to secrets"

Theres a thread where people have asked to get on stage with Mika... an unofficial one... I said I deserved to be a lollipop girl cause i got injured by a lollipop... then said I'd be Carolina if I couln't be a lollipop girl...

Oooh, okay. :wink2: *wants to be a lollipop girl*

I was going to mq because my net was being kind and saying the rest of the world existed, and then it zonked out again.

And now I can't recall what I was really going to post, apart from the fact that my msn being bitchy and the having to use proxy things makes webmessenger out of the picture, which is giving me msn withdrawls

:thumbdown:

yep. That was his big hit...

My husband liked him years ago and spread the joy to me, and we've gone to every concert he has ever done in Australia. It's lovely and easy to get tickets, even weeks after they go on sale, but the concerts are great, because everyone there is a hardcore fan. Bob Geldof too, we've gone to every concert he's ever done here. (I don't like Mondays! lol!)

So, yes, I will be going to other concerts this year, and would be really happy about all of them if I wasn't making insane comparisons all the time. Torturing myself is definitely happening, and I could even stop it if I decided I wanted to...

(Any one who wants audios of any of them, let me know. I will probably be wired for sound!)

Oooooh, I am having the irrational urge to buy ticketssss. Simply based on the fact that that song (all versions, although his the most because of the added "Where?") was me and my friend's "song" for like ... the past 5 years. Buuuuut the tickets cost $133 ... holy crap!

Oh my god! Daylight savings is so confusing! It's almost 8! I thought it was like 3-4! Noe I need to make dinner :thumbdown:

:wub2: HOPE ..... YES ..... a good thing for all of us now .......... :blink:

Oh yeah, that'd be awesome! :punk:

I'll try my best not to write anything along the lines of *kicks you in the shins*.. :wink2:

Hey, watchoo talkin' about! I never did nuffin till Mika! It wasn't me, twas his bad influence! He made me do it!

I bought the gear after I heard the live in Berlin and Milan audios, and I could not bear the thought that Mika might come and go and leave me without one of my own. So I got what one of the guys reccomended. That was the first concert I ever recorded, but now I've got the gear , I can't let it go to waste, can I?

:roftl: :roftl: You can blame Mika but nothing will change! A wise woman once taught me that! :thumb_yello:

Hey CD! *waves*

TEGAN!!!!

My hero, my star, my inspiration!!! (ok am I going maybe a little overboard here?) Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou! I kept hoping you'd be on at the same time as me yesterday but it didn't happen. You made me very happy.:wub2:

TEGAN!!!!

My hero, my star, my inspiration!!! (ok am I going maybe a little overboard here?) Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou! I kept hoping you'd be on at the same time as me yesterday but it didn't happen. You made me very happy.:wub2:

Tis okay CD!!!

Here to help! Feel free to keep the nice comments coming! :naughty:

You know... I think I'm getting a little ahead of myself... saying about dressing up for Mika concerts... when we don't know anything...

Well, i decided that if Mika could ring Simon Cowell everyday for however many months it was, I could do a daily comment on his myspace, politely requesting a tour of Australia. i don't know if it will do any good, but it will make me feel better!