The Appleman : The Return of the Jedi (part 3)

Yoppappop

never said the evolution wasn't planned :wink2: some of us know it's planned, but just don't know what to expect, some (a great part) just keep on being surprised, disappointed, sad then totally up for it when something new comes up :wink2:

absolutely. that's what someone posted elsewhere (sari?) cannot recall. I just like the man (ok, it's the apples thread: I like the man more or less :mf_rosetinted: ), there are things I agree with/like of him, others I don't. I overall get a good vibe from the mika direction (if he's there to send out vibes o.c. :mf_rosetinted: ). and I accept him for how he is: he doesn't have to please me to fit in an acceptable standard.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love him, and I don't hide it!! but I also see what he does, and if I don't like it, I say it.......I forgot to comment on the TV appearances.

Totally agree with what was said: he is so different to his shows! On the tv performances he always seems like he doesn't know what to do, unsure, uneasy...A far,far cry from the super confident and super assured star that shines on his own shows. It's very noticeable and it somehow makes me cringe a bit...

And yes, I know that he's evolving and that, but still, nobody evolves for a few hours and then goes back to their "old" stuff.

In his case I think that it's a big case of him or whoever (I have the feeling that his sisters have a massive input in his image and he accepts that) deciding what his look will be for the show, or for this award, etc, and then he goes back to wearing his normal (even if it's not very "normal") stuff which we love in his spare time.

oh he's self admittedly dressed up by his sister and mother. i think they design most of his stage clothes.

and NOW i go, before I get kicked out. I keep saying and never go. damn this place! :naughty:[/quote]

damm this place indeed:naughty: , I always stay way longer than i wanted to:blink: . So much I need to do and yet...here!!

Yes I agree that his sisters and mother for sure have a big influence of what he’s wearing at different occasions, they couldn’t just leave that to him to decide, could they?:roftl:

They do their best to choice what they think will be appropriate and so on.

To me it sadly takes away a bit of what I consider the original Mika, his unique stile.

But we, who follow him all the time and have the opportunity to see him wear different outfits, have got our own opinions to what makes him look the best.

In his own shows he maybe is more relaxed because he doesn’t have to win us over, “we have chosen to be there, to be entertained”! Ah, you know what I mean!:naughty:

And about the curls…am I the only one who thinks they are cute?

Okay, when he gets warm and sweaty and the curls straiten out its cute too, but to me the curls are some kind of a trade mark, it’s Mika to me.:wub2:

The curly guy with the long legs moving around randomly, swinging his legs to the music, the instrumental parts of Relax… that is my first and sweet impression of him!:wub2:

Yes I agree that his sisters and mother for sure have a big influence of what he’s wearing at different occasions, they couldn’t just leave that to him to decide, could they?:roftl:

They do their best to choice what they think will be appropriate and so on.

To me it sadly takes away a bit of what I consider the original Mika, his unique stile.

But we, who follow him all the time and have the opportunity to see him wear different outfits, have got our own opinions to what makes him look the best.

In his own shows he maybe is more relaxed because he doesn’t have to win us over, “we have chosen to be there, to be entertained”! Ah, you know what I mean!:naughty:

And about the curls…am I the only one who thinks they are cute?

Okay, when he gets warm and sweaty and the curls straiten out its cute too, but to me the curls are some kind of a trade mark, it’s Mika to me.:wub2:

The curly guy with the long legs moving around randomly, swinging his legs to the music, the instrumental parts of Relax… that is my first and sweet impression of him!:wub2:

Yes, I totally agree, it's true!

About the curls.....nah! I like them when they look natural, but not when he's curled them artificially, that to me just looks silly.

Such an attractive man, curling his hair? To me it makes him loose so much of his attractiveness.He looks like a doll :boxed: .

the colourful skinny jeans were also stage clothes, he'd never walk around like that :wink2:

I know, silly, that's why I said it wasn't quite his street-wear! :wink2: But he would wear it to interviews and such, it was his dress-up wear. You won't see him going on Graham Norton's for an interview dressed in a satin polka dot jacket nowadays, you know?

agrees with jack (gosh, we agree with each other a lot lately: that's spooky.. :shocked::naughty::mf_rosetinted: ).

I know, usually I'm soooo disagreeable! :naughty:

I though think, aside the stage and formal outfit, the constructed image and the give the media and fans what they expect, he's also growing up a little and what he may fit and like 6 months ago, now doesn't interest him so much anymore.

You're right, that's a very good point really. I should have given that more credit. We all go through phases, too. Actually, I was just getting dressed, and I got out my own red braces (nothing to do with Mika! I wore braces before he did...) that I remember I usually liked to pair with the kind of outfit I was putting on, and then I was like "ugh, that's too blunt and childish. Did I really think this was such a great idea a year ago? I want something more subtle and refined right now."

So no reason he couldn't have thought the same about his earlier outfits.

If he's like me, he'll also cycle back in another year or so. :naughty: I remember I was doing "elegant and refined" some years back before I decided I wanted to be silly again.

--Jack

Yes, I totally agree, it's true!

About the curls.....nah! I like them when they look natural, but not when he's curled them artificially, that to me just looks silly.

Such an attractive man, curling his hair? To me it makes him loose so much of his attractiveness.He looks like a doll :boxed: .

Oh yes!

A big boy doll!:naughty:

But it goes perfectly with his stile in other respects!

Come on, lollipop girls, animal costumes, balloons, glitter and glamour.

It’s not like he does anything much to present himself in a specific serious way!:wink2:

No I’m just being a little mean but it’s hard to resist some times…

Maybe he has a plan to straighten himself up as time goes by, with the new album, and to straighten those curls may come with it as well?:roftl:

Okay I’ll stop now!:bleh:

http://monkseal.wordpress.com/2008/02/21/the-brit-awards-2008/

this blogger deserves a mention in the Apples thread:naughty::mf_rosetinted:

That was f*cking hilarious. I actually agreed with the writer on everything... except from one thing: when they said that Mika has no charisma on stage, because he indeed does have it in his own shows just not in TV performances (as several of you have already pointed out).

Will anyone wear this?

fks80j.jpg

I mean I can't, my bf will come with me, so.. erm. :mf_rosetinted:

I love it, who made it? Sunny should add it to the MFC store... it'll be a best-seller. :lmfao:

Appears that I'm getting in on the discussion late (as usual...)

I haven't ever really not liked what he's worn. (Geez, that was a confusing way for me to say I'm not minding his outfits - they've been ok) :naughty: Perhaps only that watermelon cap...that was quite tacky for me especially with the black dress shoes. :bleh:

I do see the difference in his performance on tv vs. concert. That's his nerves. On television programs, he is performing for non-fans. At concerts, fans have paid to be there and will love him no matter what happens. :wub2:

I love it, who made it? Sunny should add it to the MFC store... it'll be a best-seller. :lmfao:

Oh lordy.......thats someones secret from my Mika Secrets thread - I actually made that graphic for the secret as whoever it belongs to didn't make a graphic. But it's true, it really did happen to someone from MFC! :naughty:

Oh lordy.......thats someones secret from my Mika Secrets thread - I actually made that graphic for the secret as whoever it belongs to didn't make a graphic. But it's true, it really did happen to someone from MFC! :naughty:

You're not serious? If so, that's beyond dysfunctional. :blink:

And yes, I know that he's evolving and that, but still, nobody evolves for a few hours and then goes back to their "old" stuff.

If he's like me, he'll also cycle back in another year or so. :naughty: I remember I was doing "elegant and refined" some years back before I decided I wanted to be silly again.

--Jack

*thinks about a 30 y.o. mika with a new born beer-belly wearing colourful skinny jeans and white shirts* :naughty: :naughty:

*maybe even braces* :roftl:

and THAT, my friends, was my only participation to this forum before 7:30-6pm... (exam) :mf_rosetinted:

*thinks about a 30 y.o. mika with a new born beer-belly wearing colourful skinny jeans and white shirts* :naughty: :naughty:

Oh no!

Now you have put a picture in my head and I won’t be able to sleep tonight! :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

:roftl:

me neither...after seeing the mikster biting Moles on the head:shocked:

Do you have something against Chris Moyles!:naughty:

Mika doesn’t seem to have.:roftl:

CM has a very special sense of humour but I like to listen to his radio show.:thumb_yello:

Do you have something against Chris Moyles!:naughty:

Mika doesn’t seem to have.:roftl:

CM has a very special sense of humour but I like to listen to his radio show.:thumb_yello:

I find the big boy quite funny:bleh:

maybe I should listen more often to radio one though coz mostly I don't understand all of what the speakers say:blush-anim-cl:

your english is better than mine:wink2: