The Appleman : The Return of the Jedi (part 3)

Yoppappop

I was wondering: are they bots? Are they in any way connected to official-dom? As a curious person (read: stalker) I've noticed that they've consistently been reading very random and very old threads (old birthday threads, ancient news items, Aussie Thread Part 1, PPRC Part 1, old clubs that no one visits any more, etc.). :blink:

I just had a look and there are some Yahoo spiders trawling through the site so it's probably mostly bots going through the old threads.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually, we've had large numbers of guests for a long time now, coincidentally increasing after Jerry announced that the MFC would be becoming official. I was wondering: are they bots? Are they in any way connected to official-dom? As a curious person (read: stalker) I've noticed that they've consistently been reading very random and very old threads (old birthday threads, ancient news items, Aussie Thread Part 1, PPRC Part 1, old clubs that no one visits any more, etc.). :blink:

You can see what the guests read. How can you do that? :blink:

It's also a good thing I've got several things to look forward to in the following months. Yelle in April. The Cure, Jack, and Carrie (UK) are visiting Chris and I, in Toronto in May. Paolo in June.

you're going to pay to see Yelle ?! That's cool (for her) !! i liked her as a support and like some of her songs, but not sure i would go to one of her shows... :blink:

When is Yelle again? I forgot about her. I'm going to Kate Nash on the 28th. Have they picked a venue yet?

and you're going too ?! :naughty::thumb_yello:

bapple.jpg

oh !!! where did you find that pic of me ?! :sneaky2:

On another note, while randomnly browsing through someones icons I came upon this

sign-youcannotpass.jpg

that's why mika doesn't come to oz anymore : look : it might be interpreted as "you cannot pass, you, wizzard"...

are we there yet ?? (to the officialness) :biggrin2:

I just had a look and there are some Yahoo spiders trawling through the site so it's probably mostly bots going through the old threads.

I suspected that they're bots, I don't think a person would systematically read ancient/pointless threads. But on another forum I read it lists the bots 'Google Bot', 'Yahoo Bot' etc. I guess the MFC doesn't do that.

You can see what the guests read. How can you do that? :blink:

On the home page where it lists Online Users click on Online Users then at the bottom select Guests in the drop-down list and click the Display button.

Scut. Take Heed. Christine has just provided a perfect example of a Logical and Factual opinion.. You could learn alot from her. sarcasm5.gif

:naughty:

You can see what the guests read. How can you do that?

Home Page. Click on "Online Users". :thumb_yello: ***Scut bet me to it***

oh !!! where did you find that pic of me ?! :sneaky2:

Stalked :yay:

that's why mika doesn't come to oz anymore : look : it might be interpreted as "you cannot pass, you, wizzard"...

Mika would never twist something to suit his needs. :newyear:

are we there yet ?? (to the officialness)

Yes. It is now the year 2020 and we are Official. :wheelchair:

we could use the christmas tree as the new pink glasses smiley as everyone is mis-using it... we could mis-use the christmas tree :newyear: (which is called "newyear" btw :blink: :blink: )

Thank Kata for using it in the official thread yesterday and starting a new trend :naughty:

????:blink:

I suspected that they're bots, I don't think a person would systematically read ancient/pointless threads. But on another forum I read it lists the bots 'Google Bot', 'Yahoo Bot' etc. I guess the MFC doesn't do that.

???:blink: :blink:

Sorry?

And the worst thing is, in this thread you can never be sure if is some kind of sarcastic joke, or if it is something I really don't understand due to the language or the internet special knowledge.

But as life would be dull without challenges I keep coming back!:naughty:

And it’s nice and colourful with this new Christmassy touch in here. Love it!

????:blink:

???:blink: :blink:

Sorry?

And the worst thing is, in this thread you can never be sure if is some kind of sarcastic joke, or if it is something I really don't understand due to the language or the internet special knowledge.

But as life would be dull without challenges I keep coming back!:naughty:

And it’s nice and colourful with this new Christmassy touch in here. Love it!

As far as I understand it, bots are programmes from search engines like Yahoo or Google which look through (old) threads. This way they can provide more search results because they find new sources for certain key words. I have no idea if that's really what they are there for :naughty: . And I can't explain it in English :blush-anim-cl: . I hope you understood me anyway :wink2:

As far as I understand it, bots are programmes from search engines like Yahoo or Google which look through (old) threads. This way they can provide more search results because they find new sources for certain key words. I have no idea if that's really what they are there for :naughty: . And I can't explain it in English :blush-anim-cl: . I hope you understood me anyway :wink2:

Oh yes thank you!:thumb_yello:

I had a thought it could be something like that but it seemed quite unreal!

Never underestimate the magic of the net though!:wink2:

It's true they like to read the old threads. :blink: Maybe they're looking for some interesting old information they don't know.

My (uneducated) guess is that as MFC grows larger, and we post more and more information regarding Mika on here, that we will get more search engines linking results to MFC. And these results will include older posts.. So the number of "guests" will increase. Maybe..

That's really weird. I never thought about bots searching the internet before. On the other hand it is quite apparent. I mean you can't expect real persons to search everything :roftl: . Although we have enough unemployed people in Germany who could :mf_rosetinted:

Something else: I was wondering when we have to open the next part of our dear little thread. At 5000 posts? So its still a while right?

That's really weird. I never thought about bots searching the internet before. On the other hand it is quite apparent. I mean you can't expect real persons to search everything :roftl: . Although we have enough unemployed people in Germany who could :mf_rosetinted:

Something else: I was wondering when we have to open the next part of our dear little thread. At 5000 posts? So its still a while right?

At 3000 posts nowadays. Not too far away. :blink:

So I remember a conversation about the new thread title. Was an agreement reached? Will part 4 be about a Coven of Witches that travel with extremely intelligent cats, and worship identity mad bananas and plant little Christmas trees in the most unusual places?

At 3000 posts nowadays. Not too far away. :blink:

So I remember a conversation about the new thread title. Was an agreement reached? Will part 4 be about a Coven of Witches that travel with extremely intelligent cats, and worship identity mad bananas and plant little Christmas trees in the most unusual places?

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

:roftl:

I can see how that would give some people the wrong impression.

Hopefully someone will call past and leave some Donuts for us. :wub2:

That's if we're official by then.

Unless the Donuts were used to fool us like in Hansel and Gretel.. :shocked: And once we're official, there will be no more Free Donuts :boxed:

pyimpfk5.gif Meow.

"Donuts" and "cats" (referring to a specific synonym) are phallic symbols. One can argue that an "apple" is too.

I refrained from writing a very naughty post.

Sometimes I can excercise self-control.

"Donuts" and "cats" (referring to a specific synonym) are phallic symbols. One can argue that an "apple" is too.

I refrained from writing a very naughty post.

Sometimes I can excercise self-control.

Good point, But I'm sure half of MFC already think we're thespians. :naughty:

Sorry, I had a lisp.