2008 - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for MIKA@ Terminal 5 in New York City: 02 Feb

Blue Sky

Did I get to meet you?

Umm...I don't think so....I was one of the girls that showed up late and...errr...got to go to the front of the line....we had a bus cancellation....I was on the left side of the stage in front of Martin.....I was wearing a blue shirt when Mika took to the stage....

Oh and apparently I am too tall for the front row :roftl: or so I have been told by my friends behind me

Everyone was dying at that point:naughty:

That's actually true, to a degree. :(

I have a couple pics of Lollipop, no video, though... I have this one

pic with Jess and um, That Pink Sock, is that you?

l_5dd23a4012351bc18f81587a6816281d.jpg

dcdeb

That's actually true, to a degree. :(

I have a couple pics of Lollipop, no video, though... I have this one

pic with Jess and um, That Pink Sock, is that you?

l_5dd23a4012351bc18f81587a6816281d.jpg

dcdeb

:shocked: Thank you Deb!! That just made my night!

That's Alex!! (cheeseygoodness)

Ada, when are you posting those videos? :fisch:

You said you got Holy Johnny, right? Did you get the whole thing? :fisch:

And I'm sorry for getting in the way of your pictures. :blush-anim-cl:

Holy Johnny video:

How Much Do You Love Me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI4PAnwTO9s

Love Today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcp8Go9AWcw

Any Other World

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUXVjWP_o0c

The same person has a few other short clips from Saturday night. :)

But, I should add, no Lollipop :(

dcdeb

Hello hello to you all !!!! :D

Here I am.... tired and exhausted, but ready to write my report (I must warn you, it's gonna be looooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng, hope you're up for it :naughty: )

Now, I didn't have time to read the thread at all, so please forgive me if I repeat things that have already been said !

Ok, there I go

*starts writing*

Hello hello to you all !!!! :D

Here I am.... tired and exhausted, but ready to write my report (I must warn you, it's gonna be looooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng, hope you're up for it :naughty: )

Now, I didn't have time to read the thread at all, so please forgive me if I repeat things that have already been said !

Ok, there I go

*starts writing*

*sits and waits to relive the whole experience....AGAIN*:mf_rosetinted:

hey becks can u post a bigger pic of ur avatar it is gorgeous!:mf_lustslow:

Um....I actually stole it from owowitsnicka....she made a whole bunch of them...if you PM her I'm sure she can give you the original!!! I would actually like the original as well :naughty:

So friday night Becky, Danie, Marilyne and I were soooooooooooooooo ready for this. We were supposed to take the bus in Montréal at 11h45 pm and arrive in NYC at 7h30 am on saturday. There had been a HUGE snowstorm in Montréal this day but I was confident that we would make it to NYC, I kep telling myself that these huge buses can handle pretty much everything, plus the storm had calmed down a few hours before we left for the bus station.

So I packed my stuff, got ready and went to the bus station to meet with the girls. When I arrived there and walked towards the NYC gate, I saw Becky and Danie walking towards me... but something was wrong. They didn't have the huge smiles on their faces that any Mika fan would have in this situation. There was a rather sad expression on their faces. So I walked up to them and they told methe last thing I wanted to hear : "our bus is cancelled". Whaaaaatt ???? I was GUTTED. I didn't want to believe it. We went to the information booth and they told me that all the buses going to the USA were cancelled and that we would have to take the first one in the morning the next day, that was leaving Montréal at 7h45 am. And even then, she couldn't garantee that this bus wouldn't be cancelled and gave me a phone number to call at 6h00 am to know if the bus was cancelled or not.

All the happiness and excitement we were feeling had disappeared. We were sooooo sad and gutted, we felt like crying. The bus that we would have to take the next day would arrive in NYC at 4h15 pm IF everything goes well and IF it leaves the bus station at all ! So that meant we would be at the back of the venue or up in the balcony... We felt so sad at the idea that we would make a 9 hours or plus bus ride to be at the far end of the queue and see Mika from the back of the venue.

I called Marilyne who wasn't at the bus station yet to tell here that our bus was cancelled and that we would have to take the one on saturday morning. She was just as gutted as we were.

So we decided to go to my place, since I live two subway stations from the bus station and come back to the bus station first thing in the morning. I felt so bad for Becky who had to haul her heavy suitcase in the snow from Danie's place to the bus station, and now she had to haul it back to my place, only to haul it back to the bus station in the morning.

So with sad faces we went to my place...

(to be continued)

So we decided to go to my place, since I live two subway stations from the bus station and come back to the bus station first thing in the morning. I felt so bad for Becky who had to haul her heavy suitcase in the snow from Danie's place to the bus station, and now she had to haul it back to my place, only to haul it back to the bus station in the morning.

So with sad faces we went to my place...

(to be continued)

My suitcase has seen better days....when I got home, I realized I was missing a wheel and it was ripped on the front and back :roftl:

My suitcase has seen better days....when I got home, I realized I was missing a wheel and it was ripped on the front and back :roftl:

u should have seen my suitace at the end of my UK trip... ALL RIPPED!

it was sooo scary to walk with it... :boxed:

u should have seen my suitace at the end of my UK trip... ALL RIPPED!

it was sooo scary to walk with it... :boxed:

Aww!! I am going to have to get a new one....I don't think I can pull it through the snow with a missing wheel again...:roftl: :roftl:

So we got to my place and my bf was there with some of his friends. He thought that I was gonna leave for the week-end so he decided to have a boys night and they were already pretty drunk when we got there :naughty: ... but they left for a club a few minutes after we got there.

So we immediately went on the computer and logged on to MFC. We posted a thread that was really a cry for help, lol we felt so desperate at that time ! We tried reaching Debs but she was offline... and it seemed very few people was paying attention to our thread... (a huge thx to the ones who did thougn !) which was understandable in a sense that the people that were online at this moment were not able to help us... pretty much everybody from the NYC thread were already asleep cause it was almost midnight I think.

We checked rates for the train, to see how much it would cost us to take it. But it was really expensive and it was actually longer than the bus ride. The plane was out of question, too expensive. So we said to oursleves that if the bus was cancelled in the morning, we would rent a car and drive there.

So finally we managed to reach Debs (thx to all of you who PMed her for us !) and she said she would try and help us not be at the back of the queue. We also got an answer from Mom4Mika (thx !!!) who said she would try and let us in the queue. They said they we're gonna try and explain the situation to the people in the queue, cause we didn't want to upset anybody by cutting before them, the situation was kinda out of our control and we were already planning on being there waaaaayyyyyy early, it's not like we felt lazy and didn't want to queue.

So the night went by, we decided it was better not to sleep and to sleep on the bus on our way to NYC. To cheer ourselves up, we listened to the Mika laugh remix (works everytime lol!) and to some funny Mika interviews (Mika calling a real estate agent pretending to be Scott Mills anyone ? :naughty: ). We listened to music, ate, had a nonsense conversation with my bf and his friends who were back from clubbing lol. Danie managed to sleep a little. We took our showers and then proceeded to go back to the bus station.

We took the first subway and got there at like 5h50 am. We wanted to go there as early as we could cause we knew everybody who couldn't take their buses the night before would want to take the first one in the morning and we wanted to make sure we could actually get on the bus. We were starving, and the Dunkin' Donuts only opened at 6h30 am...

(To be continued)

So we got to the bus station and there was already some people there who had waited the whole night at the bus station... In that sense we were pretty lucky that I live close to it.

Marilyne arrived and soon it was 6h30 so we went in shifts to go get breakfast (seems like we spent the whole week queuing... queuing for gigs, queuing for buses, queuing at the CN Tower, queuing at the Empire State Building, queuing for washrooms, lol !!!). The music at the bus station was crappy and depressing, the floor was hard and cold, we were tired and exhausted as hell and we didn't know yet if the bus was really going to leave. I had called at 6h00am but it turned the phone number she gave me was for the bus station and they still couldn't tell if the bus was going to leave cause the Greyhound offices opened at 7h00 am. It was still snowing outside so we were really worried.

So finally 7h00 am came and it appeared that the bus wasn't cancelled. PHEEEEEWWWW !!!!! So we waited some more, and then we got on the bus (late) and we left the bus station (late).

We fell asleep since we were so tired, only to have to be waken up an hour after we left cause we were at the border. So we had to go through the US customs (moooooooore queuing) and we went back on the bus and fell into a coma lol. At some point, Jamie (Mom4Mika) called me on my cell phone to tell me she was at the venue and trying to save us a spot in the queue and she gave me her phone number to call here when we got to NYC. I was asleep when she called me and hammered by a Gravol so I was pretty out of it... sorry Jamie if I sounded so confused lol !!!

We stoped in Albany to have lunch (which was disgusting by the way...) and when we got back on the bus I called Debs to tell her where we were and all. I couldn't sleep cause I was feeling so sick from that salad I had and was beginning to worry if we would arrive in NYC on time. We tried to fix our hair on the bus and did our make-up, which isn't easy when you're on a moving bus lol. We fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally arrived in NYC after being stuck in traffic (queuing again). After queuing for the washrooms and queuing to get a cab, we split. Becks and Danie went to the hotel to check in and drop all our bags there and Marilyne and I went straight to the venue to meet with Debs and Jamie.

But before we hoped on the cab, I called Nadja (the girl responsible for the Big Girls and Lollipop Girls) cause she told me to call her at 5h00 when I was in NYC. There was already Lollipop Girls booked for that night but she said she would try to get me a spot cause she liked me so much in Montréal and Toronto (aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww I love her so much, as I have mentioned a "few" times in the Toronto report thread)

So Nadja answered the phone....

(to be continued)

So Nadja answered the phone and was like : HIIIII how are you ??? So I told her not so good and told her our misadventures... She said she had something to tell me that might cheer me up and she told me : I want you to be Lollipop Girl again tonight !

You have nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo idea how this MADE my day !!!! Happiness and joy filled my heart instantly and I thaked her like a thousand times !!!!

So we hoped into the cab and went to the venue. When we arrived there we found Jamie, who was SUPER nice to us ! We met the MFCers that were queuing there and they were all so very nice ! Glad I got to meet you guys !! I am SOO sorry though I don't recall all your names :blink: . I do remember who Finkster and JackViolet were but that's all... that's what lack of sleep does to you. I said I was going to be Lollipop Girl again and everybody seemed very happy for me, which was so sweet of you all ! So we chatted with everybody and waited for Danie and Becky to arrive. In the mean time, Debs arrived and I finally got to meet her ! Debs you're such a sweetheart I love you ! :wub2:

Danie and Becky finally joined us and we chatted some more with the MFCers. We signed the poster that Debs had for Mika and I took it so I could give it to him backstage.

At 6h00pm it was time for me to go inside the venue...

(To be continued...)