What's with the shun face? :blink:

I'm planning to use those too, if I get the job. But for promo posters, which they usually send back to the big boss, I'll take off their hands. :das:

hey there's a big Roots outlet at Boundary and Grandview and a Lulu lemon outlet at new west!!

Thanks for the tips, guys. I'll def check those out.

Hey...did nobody say Happy Thanksgiving??!

Well...Happy Belated Thanksgiving, everyone! :roftl:

I had three turkey dinners...

My Thanksgiving was a big boo. I had KFC. :blink: But yeah, happy late-Turkey Day. It's weird how Thanksgiving just passed by in Canada and seems like such a big deal in the US, yeah?

Ooh new mika poster? :das:

I hope to get a collection, so far I only have one LiCM poster and one TBWKTM poster (which is missing a picture of mika on it..:blink:) and a beatles poster.

LOL, what? How does one have a Mika poster without Mika? :lol3:

I have a Beatles poster too. A Hard Day's Night. How about you? I really want one of those jumbo Yellow Submarine ones.. :teehee:

:group_hug:

A Canadian thread !! :boing:

And here I was thinking I was all on my lonesome. Sure feels like that at school. :(

But this is fantastic, you live so near, I feel less lonely :blush-anim-cl:

By the way, I'm Alina, hello

I see you're speaking about posters.... :arf2:

And here I was thinking I was all on my lonesome. Sure feels like that at school. :(

:bye: there! yes we have a canadian thread! :biggrin2:

you are not alone! :group_hug:

Yeah...mostly to do with the school, like I was in two theatre performances and the semesterly music show last year. I perform a lot. :naughty:

That's awesome! What've you been in?

Heh, I feel like that too sometimes. Nice to meet you, Alina. Welcome. :bye:

:bye: there! yes we have a canadian thread! :biggrin2:

you are not alone! :group_hug:

MJ! *starts to sing* You are not aloooone, I am here with yoouu.

Oh man. I'm making myself cry with that. :emot-sad:

HAHA! I just read the tags. All typical Canadian streotypes! It's missing igloos and polar bears though. :aah::aah:

Hey, you know those Mika poster thingies on the entrance sensors at HMV, I asked the guy that worked there if I could have it and he said yes!! :wub2: He said they were just going to throw it away :shocked: so I gave my phone number and they'll tell me when to pick it up :mf_lustslow:

HAHA! I just read the tags. All typical Canadian streotypes! It's missing igloos and polar bears though. :aah::aah:

Hey, you know those Mika poster thingies on the entrance sensors at HMV, I asked the guy that worked there if I could have it and he said yes!! :wub2: He said they were just going to throw it away :shocked: so I gave my phone number and they'll tell me when to pick it up :mf_lustslow:

The same thing with me. The poster's great, you'll love it. :thumb_yello:

Hey Alina! I have a friend called Alina who lives on Vancouver Island...but she doesn't look like you :bleh: (I'm assuming it's you in your avatar?)

That's awesome! What've you been in?

We-eeellll, I'm in the school music show every January and June, and I generally do at least one big vocal solo in that...last year I did a rendition of "Think" by Aretha Franklin with the jazz band, that was so much fun. Last June I was in the Drama show, we did a play called Secret in the Wings...and before that, in May, there was a re-interpretation of a Brecht play, the Good Person of Setzuan that I was in. I had a small role in the Drama show of 2008, Urinetown, and that was pretty much the best thing ever. Outside of the school, I've done several small vocal solos with choirs, and I sang a few pieces at a jazz night in a local restaurant, and I've got a solo with the concert band coming up in December...so yeah :naughty:

We-eeellll, I'm in the school music show every January and June, and I generally do at least one big vocal solo in that...last year I did a rendition of "Think" by Aretha Franklin with the jazz band, that was so much fun. Last June I was in the Drama show, we did a play called Secret in the Wings...and before that, in May, there was a re-interpretation of a Brecht play, the Good Person of Setzuan that I was in. I had a small role in the Drama show of 2008, Urinetown, and that was pretty much the best thing ever. Outside of the school, I've done several small vocal solos with choirs, and I sang a few pieces at a jazz night in a local restaurant, and I've got a solo with the concert band coming up in December...so yeah :naughty:

Holy crap. :bow:

Hey Alina! I have a friend called Alina who lives on Vancouver Island...but she doesn't look like you :bleh: (I'm assuming it's you in your avatar?)

Haha, Nope:roftl: Thats me. I live in Nanaimo! Never come here!! Unless you want to die of boredom

and @bitter.icarus

You don't fail! You rock! Always remember that! If you actually live in Van City Van City Van City like in the actually Van City limits,(Lol I'm crazy) Then you are sooooo lucky thats so cool, you have all the awesome stuff all around you. (Like Sephora!!!:mf_lustslow: )

This is ofcourse disregarding East Hastings... :boxed:

Haha, Nope:roftl: Thats me. I live in Nanaimo! Never come here!! Unless you want to die of boredom

and @bitter.icarus

You don't fail! You rock! Always remember that! If you actually live in Van City Van City Van City like in the actually Van City limits,(Lol I'm crazy) Then you are sooooo lucky thats so cool, you have all the awesome stuff all around you. (Like Sephora!!!:mf_lustslow: )

This is ofcourse disregarding East Hastings... :boxed:

But Nanaimo bars are so delicious! :shocked:

Aw, shucks. :teehee: And do you mean within the GVRD or the actual Vancouver limits? LOL. Because Metro in Burnaby just got a new Sephora, although it's not as big as the one downtown.

But Nanaimo bars are so delicious! :shocked:

Aw, shucks. :teehee: And do you mean within the GVRD or the actual Vancouver limits? LOL. Because Metro in Burnaby just got a new Sephora, although it's not as big as the one downtown.

I heard somewhere (from a teacher when I was in grade 3 or something?) that Nanaimo bars aren't even really from Nanaimo bars that they originated from somewhere in the UK. and then some lady came to our town and was like : "BEHOLD THE NANAIMO BAR" :shocked::shocked::yikes: but I don't know, it could have all been BS.

And Burnaby is pretty awesome too. I was talking about Vancouver Vancouver (lol wtf am I saying) and not something like Richmond or West Van or Surrey or whatever.

The Sephora downtown @ pacific center is amazing! And it's always ridiculously over crowded by very well dressed girls with bright lipstick and their mothers :biggrin2:

And OMG Metrotown has a Sephora!?!?!?! I need to go there! They also opened a Forever 21 recently! I shall visit when I go over on tuesday!!!

That mean's I'll go to BANG ON! and and MILLENIUM:boing: I am shopping crazy!

And going to Vancouver means I can get some caramel apples from the rocky mountain chocolate factory!!!!:mf_lustslow:

I heard somewhere (from a teacher when I was in grade 3 or something?) that Nanaimo bars aren't even really from Nanaimo bars that they originated from somewhere in the UK. and then some lady came to our town and was like : "BEHOLD THE NANAIMO BAR" :shocked::shocked::yikes: but I don't know, it could have all been BS.

And Burnaby is pretty awesome too. I was talking about Vancouver Vancouver (lol wtf am I saying) and not something like Richmond or West Van or Surrey or whatever.

The Sephora downtown @ pacific center is amazing! And it's always ridiculously over crowded by very well dressed girls with bright lipstick and their mothers :biggrin2:

And OMG Metrotown has a Sephora!?!?!?! I need to go there! They also opened a Forever 21 recently! I shall visit when I go over on tuesday!!!

That mean's I'll go to BANG ON! and and MILLENIUM:boing: I am shopping crazy!

And going to Vancouver means I can get some caramel apples from the rocky mountain chocolate factory!!!!:mf_lustslow:

Oh man, you're funny. :roftl: My whole life would be a lie if Nanaimo bars weren't from Nanaimo. Well.. not really. But still. I'd cry.

I getcha. I tried to go to F21 the day of the opening but it was insane. People were crazy, ripping things off the mannequins. :shocked: CALM DOWN! It was madness. My friend and I walked in, did a lap around the store, then walk out. :teehee:

• 4 weeks later...

Oh haii there Canadians. :mf_rosetinted:

Just thought I'd tell you that The Passionate Eye (on CBC) is an amazing show. They do documentaries, really interesting ones. I caught most of the episode on Saturday and it was about the sex trade industry in Thailand. This guy (forgot his name :blush-anim-cl:) took a camera and made friends with one of the girls there- she was so sweet and kind to him. Her story was very endearing. Then on Sunday I watched some about Saudi Arabia/a Saudi prince. That one was cool as well.

I'd say check it out if you like interesting/non fiction/documentaries/cool things. :aah::thumb_yello: