The Midway State: Mika's opening act, AMAZING!

BonjourMika1990

I got a MySpace friend request from a band called Trainlight! I was just a little bit surprised when they sent a note along with their request and told that they were friends/related to Midway. :shocked: They surely made me curious. :naughty: So had to check them out and I found out that this is THE BAND the Meyer twins mentioned in the spring. Nathan's brother Christian's band. Only they have changed their name - so they have two MySpace pages! :shocked::roftl: I never checked them out when I first found out about them. Their music brings Midway to mind but it's still different! :punk:

Melanie is in their top friends. Wow! :thumb_yello:

i got the same request! it made me laugh when it said "friends/relatives of the midway state". i don't know why.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a MySpace friend request from a band called Trainlight! I was just a little bit surprised when they sent a note along with their request and told that they were friends/related to Midway. They surely made me curious. So had to check them out and I found out that this is THE BAND the Meyer twins mentioned in the spring. Nathan's brother Christian's band. Only they have changed their name - so they have two MySpace pages! :shocked::roftl: I never checked them out when I first found out about them. Their music brings Midway to mind but it's still different! :punk:

Melanie is in their top friends. Wow! :thumb_yello:

LOL I love Trainlight:blush-anim-cl:

christian's a really sweet guy, I was like their second friend when they got the new page:naughty: So that's probably why I'm on their top haha. But he did call me "an impressive girl" to which I was like ":mf_lustslow:"

Yes, they are sweeties, and Christian's got a great voice!

So I got my copy of Holes in the mail the other day! I got home from work at 9 and sat here and was able to listen to the entire CD at once (considering I have the attention span of a chipmunk, that's saying something). It's amazing!! I'm so happy for them. They made an awesome album. Can't wait to see them when they come back to Boston!

I sent them a random message the other day and when Daenen sent one back he said they all couldn't wait to come back to Boston because it's one of their favorite cities. :thumb_yello: And last night I saw Poison in concert and Bret Michaels said the same thing. He said he wishes every city had the enthusiasm that we have in Boston for sports, music, and everything else. I love being from here, haha.

Trainlight is so sweet. Christian commented us on myspace and had nothing to say but sweetness to us.

Mike Wise commented us the other day and said they are as anxious to get back to the u.s. as much as we are for a concert, lol. They said hopefully St. Louis and/or Chicago. OMG I can't wait for them to come back here!!! They are the nicest guys!:wub2:

mikaholic, glad you got your copy of Holes. It is super cool, and don't you love the little booklet it comes with. Those PICTURES!!!!:wub2::wub2:

Midway will have a couple of festival gigs in England soon, which I can't attend. Anyway, Mike Kirsh promised me that they will definitely be back in England later in the fall - there's my chance to see them! :mf_lustslow: I doubt that Mika will have lots of gigs this year, but Midway could be my pretext so I could go to England again. :naughty: Loooove that country! :wub2:

I'm looking forward to get my hands on the album - thanks to Mana! :punk:

Trainlight is so sweet. Christian commented us on myspace and had nothing to say but sweetness to us.

Mike Wise commented us the other day and said they are as anxious to get back to the u.s. as much as we are for a concert, lol. They said hopefully St. Louis and/or Chicago. OMG I can't wait for them to come back here!!! They are the nicest guys!:wub2:

mikaholic, glad you got your copy of Holes. It is super cool, and don't you love the little booklet it comes with. Those PICTURES!!!!:wub2::wub2:

I looooove the booklet! Simple, yet great. They had a really good photographer for that shoot.. all the pictures are very good.

I love the booklet, I love the photos, I love the fact that they thanked fans, I love the songs...

YESH! The album has arrived!!! :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow:

Yeah we noticed in the booklet they thanked their families and friends and also their fans. Thought that was sweet! BTW They also commented us and told us that they're as anxious to get back in the U.S. as much as we are for a concert!!! They said hopefully September, which would be awesome!!!

I hope they'll announce new gig dates soon. Especially the ones in Europe! :naughty: I need to know as soon as possible so I can start planning and pay for the flights as little as possible. :punk:

By the way, I know where the drawing is now that I did for Midway. :naughty: Not sure if I should tell or keep it to myself. :ap_rosetinted:

Hmm... I wonder where Palladium are keeping the drawings I did for them.

I hope they'll announce new gig dates soon. Especially the ones in Europe! :naughty: I need to know as soon as possible so I can start planning and pay for the flights as little as possible. :punk:

By the way, I know where the drawing is now that I did for Midway. :naughty: Not sure if I should tell or keep it to myself. :ap_rosetinted:

Hmm... I wonder where Palladium are keeping the drawings I did for them.

and you really can't tell????

Okay they need to release dates PRONTO!! We are getting anxious and they know it too. They told us.:naughty:

Okay okay if you wish to know... I tell you 'cause your drawing may be in the same place. In Nathan's room. :fro::naughty: I'm not going to tell who said it though. I like to keep things mysterious! :glasses3:

that is so cute!

how did you find that out? Spillllllllllllll it:naughty:

Pretty please with sugar on top?! :wub2:

:naughty: howwwwwwwwww cute is that?!

But his brother doesn't live with him... you must have messaged him to find this out eh? :naughty: That means he knew about the project...how sweeet!

I don't know if he knew actually. He might have seen it in my siggie if he checked the Trainlight thread out. Well he said on Facebook that he saw it "on my wall". :blink: I don't know how, my page isn't visible for other people but my friends. How do you know they don't live together? :wink2: Anyway it's not so uncommon to visit someone else's house... :naughty: