REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS: MIKA in Minneapolis, MN at First Avenue

dcdeb

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Um...just wondering -- are the lollipop and big girls hired or chosen fans? If they're fans...I'm totally jealous! Mika rocked @ First Avenue! :punk:

Hey I was one of the Big Girls in Minneapolis so here's how I got to do it. The other "Big Girl" Sara is a good friend of mine and she happened to know someone that was working with Mika's management. So basically they asked if we could do it, of course we could:wink2: and then we had to send in our pics to be approved by Mika and that was that! With Minneapolis, they didn't have anyone lined up really to be a Lollipop girl so they put out a bulletin on Myspace for girls that were interested. The stage was SO small at First Ave that that's why there was only one Lollipop girl. We were so scared we were going to trip and fall while up there!! And Mika and I actually smacked foreheads when the song was done cause he went to kind of hug me and unfortunately it didn't go as smoothly as it should have:shocked: He just said "owww" and I apologized and made my way off stage!! One of the best experiences of my life though!! SOOOO much fun!!

Renee

Hey I was one of the Big Girls in Minneapolis so here's how I got to do it. The other "Big Girl" Sara is a good friend of mine and she happened to know someone that was working with Mika's management. So basically they asked if we could do it, of course we could:wink2: and then we had to send in our pics to be approved by Mika and that was that! With Minneapolis, they didn't have anyone lined up really to be a Lollipop girl so they put out a bulletin on Myspace for girls that were interested. The stage was SO small at First Ave that that's why there was only one Lollipop girl. We were so scared we were going to trip and fall while up there!! And Mika and I actually smacked foreheads when the song was done cause he went to kind of hug me and unfortunately it didn't go as smoothly as it should have:shocked: He just said "owww" and I apologized and made my way off stage!! One of the best experiences of my life though!! SOOOO much fun!!

Renee

I envy you! :shocked: I want to bump heads with Mika more than I should! :boxed:

Renee

Wow! What an amazing experience! Sounds like you have some awesome connections! Thanks for answering my question...I have been wondering about that for a while now. I was @ the concert and you did a great job -- it looked like one big party onstage! WISH I WAS YOU!!! :wink2:

Oh yeah...the head-smacking must have been painful but magical. I have had my fair share of head collisions, but sadly, none of them have been with Mika. :thumbdown:

Sorry, I have yet another question: Did you get to talk to Mika backstage? If so, all I can say is...LUCKY / NO FAIR! :wink2:

• 4 months later...

Hey sorry it's been awhile since I've been on here! We got to talk to Mika briefly before the show during soundcheck. He walked right up and introduced himself and asked us some questions. Then we just went right into what he wanted us to do onstage and then we rehearsed it with him and that was pretty much it! It was pretty darn sweet though having him just be the one to walk right up to us.