London ... what else (besides MIKA)? ;o)

violet_sky

How unfair :sad: lol.. I'll have to find another excuse to go :fisch: but it's tooo expensive, for what I went to see, it wasn't worth it :thumbdown:

Yeah it's expensive. It's worth it if you've never been before I guess. When I went you could reuse your ticket if you went again within the same year so I got to go twice for the price of 1 ticket.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh there's Hampstead too, which is a bit of a posh area, and u kinda need to be a millionaire to be able to buy stuff. Well some things. But they have such a nice creperie, their crepes are sooo amazing, espesh the milk chocolate ones :bleh: and there's also Hampstead Heath nearby (a park) it's kinda like a forest there, with all the trees and bushes and stuff :thumb_yello:

Yeah it's expensive. It's worth it if you've never been before I guess. When I went you could reuse your ticket if you went again within the same year so I got to go twice for the price of 1 ticket.

Really? Oh that's good.. why didn't they keep that deal! Damn lol

And the squirrels will come and eat out of your hand. :thumb_yello:

And the birds too! If you're in the flower garden in Kensington Gardens and put a peanut on your open palm they will come and take it from you. I feel like Snow White in there. :biggrin2:

Greenwich is my favourite park. I tried to go once a week when I lived in the East End.

And the birds too! If you're in the flower garden in Kensington Gardens and put a peanut on your open palm they will come and take it from you. I feel like Snow White in there. :biggrin2:

Greenwich is my favourite park. I tried to go once a week when I lived in the East End.

I usually go every Monday on my day off.

n548905297_2237852_9394.jpg

The animals are all really tame in Kensington Gardens. Although the pigeons are a little too tame for my liking, one literally walked over my head when I was sitting on a bench there the other day.

http://i25.tinypic.com/5evqci.jpg

I usually go every Monday on my day off.

The animals are all really tame in Kensington Gardens. Although the pigeons are a little too tame for my liking, one literally walked over my head when I was sitting on a bench there the other day.

http://i25.tinypic.com/5evqci.jpg

I had a chance to witness a pigeon attack in Kensington Gardens, some lady was throwing food towards the ducks and all the pigeons flied towards that at the same time. That was crazy, where iam coming from the pigeons are not so vicious like that.

Ducks & seguls in Kensington Gardens

pc080490vv1.th.jpg

This is the view i saw from London Eye- it was a beautiful sunny day:

pc050335yv1.th.jpg

Oh and if anyone is interested, a big close up on the big ben clock (taken by me):

pc030212jq2.th.jpg

This is a call to the Londoners, London visitors and London lovers.

I'm anxious to read about your recommendations and insider tips about what to see, what not to miss and what to leave out while staying there. Can be anything concerning entertainment, art, culture in general, food... ...

Now I'm going to be totally anal and bore everyone to death with this, but if you are over within the next two months, go check out The Old Vic Theatre for the play thats on at the moment. It's called Speed The Plow and it's stars Kevin Spacey and Jeff Goldblume, and if I have enough money on the 27th between Mika shows, I 'm going to go see it, because if I don't see Kevin Spacey in a play soon, I'm going to spontaneously combust!:roftl: :roftl:

Now I'm going to be totally anal and bore everyone to death with this, but if you are over within the next two months, go check out The Old Vic Theatre for the play thats on at the moment. It's called Speed The Plow and it's stars Kevin Spacey and Jeff Goldblume, and if I have enough money on the 27th between Mika shows, I 'm going to go see it, because if I don't see Kevin Spacey in a play soon, I'm going to spontaneously combust!:roftl: :roftl:

Actually, i will be going to see this play on the 27th of February, big fan of Kevin Spacey :D

Thank you Jennie for the store tips, I’ll look into them.:thumb_yello:

And mici the pictures from London Eye make me really longing for coming back to London.:wub2: What a beautiful town!

Camden, so sad about the fire. Please Londoners, keep us updated on what is happening there, if the market will be open and so on.

Don't they know they are in England now?:mf_rosetinted:

Actually, i will be going to see this play on the 27th of February, big fan of Kevin Spacey :D

AWW, if I can get a ticket we should meet up, I'll let you know in the next week.:thumb_yello:

And mici the pictures from London Eye make me really longing for coming back to London.:wub2: What a beautiful town!

I know thw feeling, i should stay away from my London photo album, constantly looking at the pictures. 25th of February is 10 days away.

I want to be in London already! :bleh:

Pats REBEKA. :wink2: Of course! :wink2:

Mici, the pic you took of London from inside London Eye made me :wub2:

And it also brought up an association of the Peter Pan ride in Disneyland in my mind :roftl: - The power of Big Ben :wink2:

As for plays - has anyone seen Spamalot so far?

AWW, if I can get a ticket we should meet up, I'll let you know in the next week.:thumb_yello:

I have just called to the ambessedor theatre group to change my seats and they told me that there are only few tickets left to the play as it is very popular. If you plan to go see this play i suggest to book the ticket soon

Just an advice. :D:wink2:

most of the places have been spoken about so far, but a verrry strong recommendation - check out the V&A....it is just stuffed with everything that the Empire has "acquired" (dont kill me, Brittons :blush-anim-cl: ) over past few centuries....amazing collection of just e v e r y t h i n g - starting from some rusty door handles to few meter carved columns....

personal fav - the clothing division and textile collections

and since everyone posts their last London visit pics - some of mine...

2000880816862221119_rs.jpg

2000804579345690483_rs.jpg

2000837332219688929_rs.jpg

do you see a squirrel on this one?

2000833574463348706_rs.jpg

-me neither....but I can swear it was there 0.00001secs before the shoot:boxed:

:wub2:

How do you know I've a insane passion for graveyards?:bleh:

A part from this...Anyone know if there's still the William Blake Exhibition@Tate Millbank?:blink:

Re Graveyards - well, actually I dont :naughty: .... I was only looking for the nearest supermarket:boxed: ....twas a refreshing walk tho...

(and I have met a fox there at night!)

re exhibitions - see listings in thelondonpaper or timeout pages - they get fast updates...

rere - check out the Vanity Fair retrospective ex-n in NPG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!