REPORTS/PHOTOS/ VIDEOS Vancouver, BC at the Orpheum 15-02-2008

dcdeb

Happy one year anniversary! :wub2:

I also can't believe it's been that long! Time flies. I miss me some Mika. :tears:

And I miss all you gals! Remember taking over that coffee shop post-gig until stupid-o-clock in the morning? :huglove:

Although, I don't think anything could ever compare to this gig. Holy crap. I got to dress up and dance on stage next to my idol. Even a year later, the mere thought of that sounds so crazy amazing that if I didn't have framed pictures on my wall, I'd be in disbelief it ever happened. :mf_lustslow:

For old time's sake:

And the energy in the Orpheum during this bit. Yay Greg!

:stretcher:

I've not seen these before, in the first one, John wearing a big scarf nice big warm coat, Mika wearing nice toasty looking coat with his hood up keeping his ears warm, ANDY jumping around without a coat!!!

Okay, he got into the car, but still.

Is this him trying to look manly?:roftl::roftl:

Happy 1 year anniversary, btw!

And Gregs pretty handy on those drums!

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its 8:OOish now and I would be in the theatre listening to the MIDWAY state.

OH GOD WHAT A SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCE ! all of you ! I am so happy to have that beautiful experience with you xxoo

I miss you Lollipop_girl (great post!)

Stormy Weather

Damango

Lillmot

Calicojasmine

Bookwurm

English Rose

Canuck-chick

Standard Toaster

Laxmi ( I know you are a member sweety)

I celebrated in joy by dressing up in a Gigantic costume all red and glowing entertainging the whole city essentially -A VERY VERY MIKA-ish day today.

I sit on the couch near my laptop wearing the MIKA tour T-shirt,,,my crazy orange/pink hair, and a bunch of red mardigras beads. A good part of the day my face was coloured red and I wore Heart Sunglasses ....It was one of the best weekends ever this weekend ...and I love it how it honours the same weekend last year.

xxoo Suzanne:wub2::wub2:

I also can't believe it's been that long! Time flies. I miss me some Mika. :tears:

And I miss all you gals! Remember taking over that coffee shop post-gig until stupid-o-clock in the morning? :huglove:

Although, I don't think anything could ever compare to this gig. Holy crap. I got to dress up and dance on stage next to my idol. Even a year later, the mere thought of that sounds so crazy amazing that if I didn't have framed pictures on my wall, I'd be in disbelief it ever happened.

For old time's sake:

Until stupid-o-clock in the morning....:roftl::roftl: Not that we could have gone to sleep anyway. Thanks for sharing the memories. I have some very good memories of my time there. :wub2:

Although, I don't think anything could ever compare to this gig. Holy crap. I got to dress up and dance on stage next to my idol. Even a year later, the mere thought of that sounds so crazy amazing that if I didn't have framed pictures on my wall, I'd be in disbelief it ever happened. :mf_lustslow:

For old time's sake:

Happy one year anniversary to all of you who attended the Vancouver gig!

Mana you're detailed report about being a lollipop girl was AMAZING to read!

Happy one year anniversary to all of you who attended the Vancouver gig!

Mana you're detailed report about being a lollipop girl was AMAZING to read!

Happy anniversary!:punk:

I really agree about Mana's report, I remember it well it was great, well written and so exciting!:wub2:

• 3 years later...

Hi All,

I know this is a pretty old topic, so I might try posting my request somewhere else as well- but I thought this would be the most appropriate place to start.

My name is Ali, I'm a huge fan of Mika (despite my nonexistent activity on these boards..) and I am, in fact, the girl mentioned in an earlier report that jumped on stage with Mika holding a sign upside down. Yeah, that was me. To be fair, I WAS ON STAGE WITH MIKA. The sign was not my primary concern.

(if anyone was wondering, the sign read 'THE MIKA SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH')

I fell in love with Mika's music in tandem with my very close friend Natalie. In fact, I was only at the concert that night because I had worked hard to surprise her with front row seat tickets as a late birthday present. With a heavy heart I must say that Natalie passed away on May 1st of this year. She was only 20 years old.

Since I found out, I've been trying to find every last photograph and video I can of us together. The night of the concert I lost my camera and thus any record of our unbelievable night with Mika. It occurred to me that someone else might have a record of us- as we were both first up on the stage for a second before the mob grew. Is there anyone with any clear shots or videos of the stage during the finale (Lollipop)? I was wearing a striped sailor-ish shirt that night, I have longer brown hair and I was carrying an upside down orange sign like a fool..

Also, the main reason Natalie and I stormed the stage like that was that a camera man filming near the edge gave us a wink of encouragement when we suggested it aloud. Does anyone know how I can contact Mika's people? to see if there's footage of that night still available? I realize I should check the dvd of his live shows, but I haven't had a chance to buy a copy yet.

I know this is a ridiculous plea, four years later.. but it's hard to put to words just how much it means to me.

• 3 weeks later...
Is there anyone with any clear shots or videos of the stage during the finale (Lollipop)? I was wearing a striped sailor-ish shirt that night, I have longer brown hair and I was carrying an upside down orange sign like a fool.

Hey Ali!

Sorry to hear about your friend. Having been a Lollipop Girl that night I scoured the internet for pics and vids of that finale, but I only ever came across these two videos:

Both videos are blurry (man, the difference four years makes in video technology!), but I do see a girl in a sailor-looking shirt in both.

:huglove:

• 1 year later...