Oprah??

Margsy

Hey Everybody,

I hope this doesn't sound stupid but has anyone ever sent a letter to Oprah about Mika? I've just heard so much that he isn't as popular in the states as he in in Europe and I was curious if this could be a career booster (from the concert I went to in Seattle, he seems to be doing great. I heard a lot of people say they heard him through word of mouth).

Anyways, I am on the Josh Groban message board and have been following his career for some time, and after he was on Oprah, his cd flew up the Billboard charts. And most recently he was on Oprah promoting his Christmas CD "Noel" which became the top selling album of the year (crazy, eh??).

Mika has an interesting story, and amazing songs. If Oprah likes good music, I would think she would love him.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally before Oprah introduces someone she says something along the lines of "I have recieved loads of letters......", so I think if we want to try to get him on, many letters have to be sent out. I'll get mine out tomorrow. I actually wrote one, but was shy to send it. I'll send it tomorrow.

Normally before Oprah introduces someone she says something along the lines of "I have recieved loads of letters......", so I think if we want to try to get him on, many letters have to be sent out. I'll get mine out tomorrow. I actually wrote one, but was shy to send it. I'll send it tomorrow.

:thumb_yello: GREAT !!! Can you post a link ... re: how to contact her ???!!! :thumb_yello:

There has been a thread about this subject: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6282

On page 4 someone explains why it's difficult to have Mika in Oprah's show.

The validity of the information coming from that person is questionable, but in any case it does seem to be generally difficult to be featured on Oprah.

I think I am too old to believe such lines, but it's definitely worth trying!!!:wink2::thumb_yello:

Me too. Oprah is all about her own ego and won't care what her viewers think or if Mika is talented.

I think the only way to appeal to her is to send her videos of Mika repeatedly telling the press that his grandmother loves Grace Kelly and Oprah. She'll be more interested in Mika's granny than Mika but it will still get him on the show. :naughty:

In regards to what Deek said...even if her information is correct the situation has changed because Mika is done promoting LICM in the states. She made that post in July when he was about to appear on SYTYCD and GMA and he had a tentative US tour planned for September.

Hello Oprah team at Harpo! Me and my fellow MFC (mika fan club) members would love to see our darling MIKA on Oprah's show. He is a big phenomenon in Europe and we think to get him more recognition in North America he deffinitely needs to be on this show. It will help his career and her watching audeince will BOOM the day MIKA gets aired. He is a very talented young man and will bring colour and talent to north america.

Thanks you,

Alexandra.

this is what I wrote.

It is true what was said about the contracts. I mean, Peter R. De Vries, the Dutch crime journalist who "solved" the Nathalee Holloway case was asked to be on Oprah, but he refused because 1. They wanted too much exclusive material, 2. It would mean he couldn't go to any other show, so he went to Larry King instead.

He should go to Ellen though. Ellen is cool:mf_rosetinted:

It is true what was said about the contracts. I mean, Peter R. De Vries, the Dutch crime journalist who "solved" the Nathalee Holloway case was asked to be on Oprah, but he refused because 1. They wanted too much exclusive material, 2. It would mean he couldn't go to any other show, so he went to Larry King instead.

I agree but Oprah is levels of fame higher Ellen. She was a washed up citcom star turned comedian/ bestseller book writer. Oprah is like...a god in north america. But if he got on both that'd be sexellent :glasses2:

You are so right! Oprah's show is a bit more serious than Ellen's. I think that if Mika should ever appear on Oprah, should be for his grandmother. Mika would have a much better time on Ellen than on Oprah's show, that's for sure. I think that their personalities match a lot better, since they are both funny, talented, friendly, giving (I could go on...). The vibe on Ellen's show is much more laid back and fun to watch, especially if Mika were on her show. I think the idea of Mika appearing on Oprah should be changed to Mika appearing on Ellen!

I think the only way to appeal to her is to send her videos of Mika repeatedly telling the press that his grandmother loves Grace Kelly and Oprah. She'll be more interested in Mika's granny than Mika but it will still get him on the show. :naughty:

:thumb_yello: That's a great idea...

Also, another argument for having Mika on her show can be that according to Kanye West, Mika is a style/ fashion icon.... ( someone should look up where that news came from, I only know it second-hand.)..

I think Oprah and Kanye West are friends... :wink2:

• 1 month later...
:thumb_yello: That's a great idea...

Also, another argument for having Mika on her show can be that according to Kanye West, Mika is a style/ fashion icon.... ( someone should look up where that news came from, I only know it second-hand.)..

I think Oprah and Kanye West are friends... :wink2:

Kanye West think that Mika is a style/fashion icon?!? Cool!!!