The Brit Awards Speculation Thread

lollipop_monkey

Okay, so I can't be the only one who's really eager to see the Brit Awards and see what Mika has in store. So I'm creating this thread for all our crazy speculations. And yes, we don't know, and we're only guessing, and all that jazz - but why not have some fun with it!

My predictions:

Mika will win:

Best Single, Best Male, Best Breakthrough Act (we'll give album to Leona Lewis, against my tastes but based on sales).

Mika will wear:

Coloured pants - not black or white. I'm seeing a button-down shirt. Silver trainers. And something new, like sunglasses or a hat or something. A scarf, maybe.

Mika will sing:

Uhm...Lollipop.

Mika will...

I think the rumour is true about pyrotechnics. So I'm gonna go with that - fireworks or giant sparklers or something. And he'll make a comment about all the free swag (in addition to the diamond watch) in an interview. He'll say something about how the more of these he goes to, the less room he has for things...

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he will only win Best Male. Breakthrough Act will probably be The Klaxons (I think they're great, so I wouldn't mind them winning), Best Single will be won by some of the more obsessive voters (old Take That fans probably, or Leona), and Best Album will most likely be Favourite Worst Nightmare.

If he wins Best Male, I'll be happy :)

I think will only will Best Male. Breakthrough Act will probably be The Klaxons (I think they're great, so I wouldn't mind them winning), Best Single will be won by some of the more obsessive voters (old Take That fans, probably, or Leona), and Best Album will most likely be Favourite Worst Nightmare.

Yeh Im thinking that too

:boxed:

Hmmm...more speculation about performances?

SEE WHO WINS TONIGHT AT 8pm ON ITV 1

ONES TO WATCH

Paul McCartney This is the biggy. A medley of oldies such as Hey Jude, Live And Let Die and Get Back.

Mika with Beth Ditto - Love Me is bound to be OTT.

Mark Ronson Collaboration of the night with Amy Winehouse singing Valerie, Daniel Merriweather singing Stop Me and Adele with Go Put A Smile Upon Your Face.

Amy Winehouse We hear her big comeback will be Rehab - of course.

Rihanna And Klaxons Amazing to watch.

Kylie She performs Wow - and it is...

Kaiser Chiefs Ruby will be rock slot of the night.

Leona Lewis Yes, she's singing that Bleeding Love song again, but it is bleedin' good.

Yes, it's actually Love Today, but still, could be plausible. Particularly as he'll be opening the show, so it needs to be a fairly dramatic song (which Love Today is).

http://www.mirror.co.uk/showbiz/3am/2008/02/20/the-nominations-89520-20325068/

Yeh .... Agree also .. I hope it just isnt Big Girl ...:punk:

I hope that too... I love some of his covers, especially Sweet Dreams, so it'd be nice to have a mixture of stuff from LICM, covers and possibly a new track? Damn, just let him do all the performances for the whole show!! :woot_jump:

I think he will only win Best Male. Breakthrough Act will probably be The Klaxons (I think they're great, so I wouldn't mind them winning), Best Single will be won by some of the more obsessive voters (old Take That fans probably, or Leona), and Best Album will most likely be Favourite Worst Nightmare.

Best Male SHOULD be in the bag. I'd love him to win one more, but if he wins Best Male I'll be happy too. But I'd be even happier if Leona Lewis went home empty handed, since she shouldn't even be nominated. I also hope Amy Winehouse doesn't win whatever she's nominated for. She already won 5 Grammy's. That's enough for her, she doesn't need to be winning anything else. I'm still annoyed though, that Mika isn't up for Best Live Act. Still, after his performance tonight, the individuals who are on the panel might be writing notes to themselves, like this....

"Note to self, for next year. Nominate Mika for live act! Keep note safe and don't loose it!"

Best Male SHOULD be in the bag. I'd love him to win one more, but if he wins Best Male I'll be happy too. But I'd be even happier if Leona Lewis went home empty handed, since she shouldn't even be nominated. I also hope Amy Winehouse doesn't win whatever she's nominated for. She already won 5 Grammy's. That's enough for her, she doesn't need to be winning anything else. I'm still annoyed though, that Mika isn't up for Best Live Act. Still, after his performance tonight, the individuals who are on the panel might be writing notes to themselves, like this....

"Note to self, for next year. Nominate Mika for live act! Keep note safe and don't loose it!"

I also think he has been overlooked for Live Act. I don't know what they look for when nominating live acts but surely one thing is the ability to raise the roof on a venue and Mika has done that time and time again this year.

I think he'll win Best Male but not the others. I do hope I'm wrong.

I think he'll wear an outrageously flamboyant, colourful jacket (a new one) for which he will be roundly criticised in the tabloids the next day :naughty: Go on Mika, make it a really glittery sparkly dayglo one, get The Sun all riled up :mf_rosetinted:

At the moment I'm getting vibes that the song'll be Lollipop!

Sharon will try to get a snog off him after too much champagne, Mika will refuse politely but awkwardly, thereby confirming to The Sun that he is in fact gay.:mf_rosetinted:

I think he will win best male, and breaktrough act.

I don't want Leona to win, I really don't like her. She has a nice voice, but she's so not original. :thumbdown: And also Amy Winehouse not please..Also she has a nice voice, but I think she would be too drunk to pick up the award on stage anyway. :bleh:

Let's hope he will win them all! :mf_lustslow: