Sara Bareilles

mandilambi

I'm wondering the same thing. I didn't know she opened for Mika last year! We play her album at work all the time. A lot of people are tired of hearing "Love Song" but I haven't heard it very much yet, so I still think it's great!

LG, I didn't know "Love Song" was a Starbucks Song of the Week. Wish I had known that before I bought it on iTunes. :bored:

yea "Satya" it was around christmas time

:naughty:

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to ask when and where Sara opened for Mika...i only know it was 2007.

And it makes me think Mika likes the girl :) Not any singer can open a show like that! hehe :bleh:

She opened for him during his US tour last June. At every show except the one I went to :sneaky2: We got Natalia instead..she was pretty bad.

She opened for him during his US tour last June. At every show except the one I went to :sneaky2: We got Natalia instead..she was pretty bad.

Hmmm, kind of like me and the Midway State. They were at almost every show on the early 2008 tour...except Toronto. I did not like our opening act AT ALL and so wished it could have been Midway State.

So cool she opened for Mika during the summer, though! I would have loved to see a show then!

thats just like me and the Midway State! the only one they didn't open for was the one i was at!

:boxed:

Hmmm, kind of like me and the Midway State. They were at almost every show on the early 2008 tour...except Toronto. I did not like our opening act AT ALL and so wished it could have been Midway State.

So cool she opened for Mika during the summer, though! I would have loved to see a show then!

oh, hha just realised you said that.

coincidence.

we don't think alike. Ever. I promise. really.

thats just like me and the Midway State! the only one they didn't open for was the one i was at!

:boxed:

oh, hha just realised you said that.

coincidence.

we don't think alike. Ever. I promise. really.

:floor:

We're like twins...but not. (And BTW, I'm finally listening to Midway State. They're...really good. Really too bad they didn't play in Toronto.)

I don't know if I asked this before, but did Sara and Mika not get along or something? Whenever she talks about acts that she's opened for, she never mentions Mika :blink: He never talks about her either, does he?

I don't know if I asked this before, but did Sara and Mika not get along or something? Whenever she talks about acts that she's opened for, she never mentions Mika :blink: He never talks about her either, does he?

hm, I don't think it's that they didn't get along, I was takling to Javi(er Dunn) he r guistarist once and he didn't say anything along those lines, just that he was a great performer and that they lost touch. But the whole not mentioning him, I noticed that too..I don't really know why. I'm sure it's not anything like she's not mentioning him to spite him, she's too sweet.

hm, I don't think it's that they didn't get along, I was takling to Javi(er Dunn) he r guistarist once and he didn't say anything along those lines, just that he was a great performer and that they lost touch. But the whole not mentioning him, I noticed that too..I don't really know why. I'm sure it's not anything like she's not mentioning him to spite him, she's too sweet.

I heard she was already acting like a diva :naughty:

You know, I think she has an amazing voice, but I don't think she'll last long. Based on her first album, she only writes love songs. I don't think that's going to help her in the future.

I heard she was already acting like a diva :naughty:

From Perez Hilton, I assume? l:bleh:

I can say, I highly, highly, hiiiiiighyl doubt it's true.

I met her for the 14milllllionth time in april, and we were eating at this little diner outside next to the venue she was playing at, and she was so sweet to us, saying how we were embarassing her, when we said we were such big fans.

her and all her bandmates are such humble, inviting people.

but hey, i'm not doubting someones had a bad experience meeting her, it happens, people have bad days....

*shrugs*:bleh:

You know, I think she has an amazing voice, but I don't think she'll last long. Based on her first album, she only writes love songs. I don't think that's going to help her in the future.

Gah, as huge of a fan as I am, and as talented I think she is, love song was so overplayed,and had such big expectations behind it, not that she didn't live up to them, idk what i'm saying, haha, but she has a single 'bottle it up' now, and I never hear it being played, or anyone singing it. She deserves every bit of sucess, it's sad to say that I think she'll be a one hit wonder. :thumbdown:

From Perez Hilton, I assume? l:bleh:

I can say, I highly, highly, hiiiiiighyl doubt it's true.

I met her for the 14milllllionth time in april, and we were eating at this little diner outside next to the venue she was playing at, and she was so sweet to us, saying how we were embarassing her, when we said we were such big fans.

her and all her bandmates are such humble, inviting people.

but hey, i'm not doubting someones had a bad experience meeting her, it happens, people have bad days....

*shrugs*:bleh:

Yeah, I think my friend read it on Perez and then told me :naughty:

Well I'm glad you got pleasant experiences with her

Gah, as huge of a fan as I am, and as talented I think she is, love song was so overplayed,and had such big expectations behind it, not that she didn't live up to them, idk what i'm saying, haha, but she has a single 'bottle it up' now, and I never hear it being played, or anyone singing it. She deserves every bit of sucess, it's sad to say that I think she'll be a one hit wonder. :thumbdown:

Yes, I agree. It's sad.

I don't even really like that song now. My favorites at the moment are "Love on the Rocks," "City," and "Many the Miles" :wink2:

I kind of like all of the songs haha

Yeah, I think my friend read it on Perez and then told me :naughty:

Well I'm glad you got pleasant experiences with her

Yes, I agree. It's sad.

I don't even really like that song now. My favorites at the moment are "Love on the Rocks," "City," and "Many the Miles" :wink2:

I kind of like all of the songs haha

Do you have her album?

I think she's okay... In my opinion, her voice is average. It's not amazing and it doesn't blow you away.. I think it's alright. I listened to some of her album and a lot of it sounds the same.. Well, I didn't listen to the whole thing so I could be wrong, but yeah :thumb_yello:

Hey! How are you?

yeah shes's alright. I mean i can listen to her when she's on the radio.

The only thing is her music sounds too produced, especially for the image she puts out there. If that makes sense.

But i've only hear the singles and stuffz so my opinion isnt well....educated?

Do you have her album?

I think she's okay... In my opinion, her voice is average. It's not amazing and it doesn't blow you away.. I think it's alright. I listened to some of her album and a lot of it sounds the same.. Well, I didn't listen to the whole thing so I could be wrong, but yeah :thumb_yello:

Hey! How are you?

I told you I got it a long time ago :naughty:

I think her voice is really good. I don't know how she can sing so high and yet still have so much power and rawness to it. That's skill. haha

But yeah, I don't think she'll have much of a career is all she writes is love songs. She has to mix it up or people are going ot get bored.

I told you I got it a long time ago :naughty:

I think her voice is really good. I don't know how she can sing so high and yet still have so much power and rawness to it. That's skill. haha

But yeah, I don't think she'll have much of a career is all she writes is love songs. She has to mix it up or people are going ot get bored.

Oh haha.. I forgot :bleh:

Yeah, her voice is really powerful. I've pretty much only listened to love song.. the vocals in there are good.

The problem is that she's insanely overplayed :no:

The last line that you wrote sounds like a line that mika said in the Rhapsody interview :blush-anim-cl:

"You've gotta mix it up a bit.. Or else people are gonna get bored!" :naughty:

Hahah.. I don't know how I remember that small line :blink:

(Get on gabbly!)

Unfortunately, Love Song has been played to death on the radio...and now I hate it. :-S

Me too :no:

That's the problem with radio... they find out that their listeners like a song and they get really excited and play it all the time and just end up making people hate the person..

Oh haha.. I forgot :bleh:

Yeah, her voice is really powerful. I've pretty much only listened to love song.. the vocals in there are good.

The problem is that she's insanely overplayed :no:

The last line that you wrote sounds like a line that mika said in the Rhapsody interview :blush-anim-cl:

"You've gotta mix it up a bit.. Or else people are gonna get bored!" :naughty:

Hahah.. I don't know how I remember that small line :blink:

(Get on gabbly!)

Yes I know.

Are you serious? Well that's very creepy.......I guess we think alike, or I'm on the same brain wave as him or something :naughty:

I was on Gabbly and no one was there haha. I'll go back on

Unfortunately, Love Song has been played to death on the radio...and now I hate it. :-S

I hate it too now haha

Yes I know.

Are you serious? Well that's very creepy.......I guess we think alike, or I'm on the same brain wave as him or something :naughty:

I was on Gabbly and no one was there haha. I'll go back on

I hate it too now haha

:das: Yeah... He said that...

I guess you do have the sameish thoughts :naughty:

Maybe when you guys hugged he transfered brain waves.. :das: and youre connected :naughty:

I never knew she opened for Mika :shocked: I love her song, 'Love Song' and the vid is pretty awesome too. She's only just come out in the UK, but I think she'll do well for herself.

:das: Yeah... He said that...

I guess you do have the sameish thoughts :naughty:

Maybe when you guys hugged he transfered brain waves.. :das: and youre connected :naughty:

hahaha I love you :lmao:

I have been known to read peoples minds :blink: