Could it be? PART 8!! Pink Pony riders club. Insanity is welcome, sanity is not.

Mika4Life13

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should we?

Seriously?

yeah, we should. you make it or me? and then various people will stop yelling at us to get outta their threads. :roftl:

Yes because this isn't the thread to talk rubbish in :sneaky2:

*gets her hypocritical flat arse back to hacking up coughs.*

as above. :naughty: sorry.

Sorry, Bex was one of the characters/writers of the PPR.

I was going off on a tangent, showing off all the cool stuff I remembered about her character ;)

:biggrin2:

OMG *excitement* Yayness! A return! But... but why when I have my GCSE exams in 3 weeks? I won't be able to write so much...

I think we should include an ending for the last in this... I think I shall post :thumb_yello:

Amelia left home a long time ago. Well, left wasn’t the word - her family were ashamed of her ‘strange’ ways. Speaking of the past like it mattered. The past was now a forbidden subject almost everywhere. Children were told why at seven and it was never to be mentioned again. Like a fairy tale, it was never questioned - questions were hushed and the children were distracted. They proclaimed seven was the age when children would understand - Amelia knew that any younger they would ask pointless questions and wouldn’t remember when their own children had to know, but any older they’d question the ways of the world. Though, who wanted a world in which only the rich lived, and were noticed? In a world of the future - Amelia remembered the story like it was yesterday - it seemed that the world had retracted into the past.

She didn’t want to stay before she was sent away; her mother pleaded with her to ‘please, be a lady’, but Amelia couldn’t let go. Why did they deserve life more than anyone else? Her mother told her views like hers were frowned upon, and would lead to a life as an outcast. Amelia didn’t care, no matter what horror stories of protesters were told.

She had been chucked out in a dress, with no shoes or any other kind of clothing. Her parents believed she would be taken away, dressed like this. They were reluctant - if Amelia was seen, it would shame the family, but it was better than having a protestor in the family. But Amelia hid until the night had settled in, and climbed into her bedroom window. Packing a bag with her best dresses, a pair of sensible yet pretty shoes and some money and left. Though people would not like a lady to be alone, she found a place to sleep each night, as she went in search of the truth. Which eventually led her to the street where Emmeline Chesterfield lived.

Something was horribly wrong with the ways of the world, and Amelia would change for the better.

Amelia left home a long time ago. Well, left wasn’t the word - her family were ashamed of her ‘strange’ ways. Speaking of the past like it mattered. The past was now a forbidden subject almost everywhere. Children were told why at seven and it was never to be mentioned again. Like a fairy tale, it was never questioned - questions were hushed and the children were distracted. They proclaimed seven was the age when children would understand - Amelia knew that any younger they would ask pointless questions and wouldn’t remember when their own children had to know, but any older they’d question the ways of the world. Though, who wanted a world in which only the rich lived, and were noticed? In a world of the future - Amelia remembered the story like it was yesterday - it seemed that the world had retracted into the past.

She didn’t want to stay before she was sent away; her mother pleaded with her to ‘please, be a lady’, but Amelia couldn’t let go. Why did they deserve life more than anyone else? Her mother told her views like hers were frowned upon, and would lead to a life as an outcast. Amelia didn’t care, no matter what horror stories of protesters were told.

She had been chucked out in a dress, with no shoes or any other kind of clothing. Her parents believed she would be taken away, dressed like this. They were reluctant - if Amelia was seen, it would shame the family, but it was better than having a protestor in the family. But Amelia hid until the night had settled in, and climbed into her bedroom window. Packing a bag with her best dresses, a pair of sensible yet pretty shoes and some money and left. Though people would not like a lady to be alone, she found a place to sleep each night, as she went in search of the truth. Which eventually led her to the street where Emmeline Chesterfield lived.

Something was horribly wrong with the ways of the world, and Amelia would change for the better.

Yay Becky! :huglove:

EEEEEE! :woot_jump::boing: *gets ridiculously excited at Artsy's post* :naughty:

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Artsy, would Emmeline be your character, then? Whatever. I'll just write and we'll see what happens.

I was actually just writing for the sake of writing.:bleh: I wouldn't call her MY character specifically, but if we're using the same set-up as the last epic saga, then I guess she can be mine.

maybs you should start the story over so its easier for new people to join in.

and i would use a laughing/happy looking smilie but i don't feel like smiling. oh crap. i just did. :cheerful_h4h:

We just did. My post was completely unrelated to the story we'd been writing since '07.:thumb_yello:

Jump on in, if you'd like.:wink2:

Emmeline Chesterfield was experimenting with dangerous chemicals.

It was a rainy sunday afternoon and she was searching for a cure for hiccups. Leopold had a great love of dog biscuits, but every time he ate one, he developed a terrible case of hiccups. Leopold didn't seem to mind, but the sound disturbed Emmeline when she was trying to invent or philosophize or any other sort of activity during which she required absolute silence and intense mental concentration.

Wearing dark goggles and thick rubber gloves, Emmeline sprinkled some yellow powder from a test tube into a beaker of pink chemical solution. A corner of her thin fairy mouth tipped up in satisfaction as the solution bubbled and fizzed, then turned a glowing green, filling every corner of her basement laboratory with a blinding, intense light. Leopold, sitting on her shoulder and munching on a dog biscuit, started at the bright flash of light and began to hiccup violently, burying his head in the hair at Emmeline's nape in fear.

Chester Chesterfield strolled out from his room into the kitchen, looking for a glass of milk. He glanced out the kitchen window and made a tsking sound when he saw the figure perched on a bench on the porch of the house own the street. Candace was out with her binoculars again and if Emmeline saw her, she'd be in a mood for the rest of the day. Hopefully, Candace would be back inside by the time Emmeline came up from the basement. Chester wasn't sure what his sister did in the basement, but he was sure that if he asked, he wouldn't get much in the way of explanations anyway.

A knock on the front door sounded, and Chester jumped in shock. No one ever knocked on his front door. Nobody on Respectable Street went looking for him when he was at home out of fear of encountering his sister. Considered an oddity in his own right, he was still approachable because he went to school and had a couple of friends and didn't ask too many questions about the past, and that, despite refusing to answer or acknowledge any questions about Emmeline, made him a halfway decent member of society. At least he was when he was away from his house and therefore away from his sister.

Another knock sounded. He raised an eyebrow. Could it be that someone on Respectable Street was finally brave enough to come near the house? A traveling salesman from out of town who didn't know any better, more likely. Either way, Emmeline was better at scaring away visitors. He'd call down to her and have her handle it.

I watched The Changeling today... About an hour and a half ago... Gave me a few ideas for this storyline. But yeah, it was an amazing film but it made me see people in general in a different light. I mean, I can't believe it was based on a true story. How they could do that to anyone... The entire story was a shock, really. That's probably a bad thing to say, but it really was.

This trend of making infamous californian murder cases into movies is so amusing to me because it shines such a negative light on the state, but increases it's popularity at the same time.

Plus, there are so many of them to use.:naughty:

I haven't seen the movie myself, Becks, but it is a sad story. Did you know that the town where the murders occurred changed it's name because of all the bad publicity? I was 12 when we studied it in school and the teacher told us the town had changed the name, but he waited until we were almost done with the topic to tell us it was now called Mira Loma.

Mira Loma is such a small, unassuming town these days.:eek:

Maybe you should slowly begin to bring up 'the past' - I made it unspeakable for a reason. I was hoping it'd be linked to the old PPRC. And I came up with a way to drag Mika into it, despite it being years and years and years later :naughty:

This trend of making infamous californian murder cases into movies is so amusing to me because it shines such a negative light on the state, but increases it's popularity at the same time.

Plus, there are so many of them to use.:naughty:

I haven't seen the movie myself, Becks, but it is a sad story. Did you know that the town where the murders occurred changed it's name because of all the bad publicity? I was 12 when we studied it in school and the teacher told us the town had changed the name, but he waited until we were almost done with the topic to tell us it was now called Mira Loma.

Mira Loma is such a small, unassuming town these days.:eek:

You get to learn about that kind of stuff in school? That'd make an interesting lesson. We did get to learn about Jack the Ripper, though it was in History when it wasn't compulsory.

They mentioned it was now called Mira Loma at the end of the film. I'd never heard of it, and I guess thats why :naughty:

I kinda miss old PPRC....:sad:

I remember how excited I used to get over it. :roftl:

Me too, but there was also a lot of arguing and anxiety over posting.

Plus, I just ran out of things to do with our characters.:blink:

Maybe you should slowly begin to bring up 'the past' - I made it unspeakable for a reason. I was hoping it'd be linked to the old PPRC. And I came up with a way to drag Mika into it, despite it being years and years and years later :naughty:

Exactly. Maybe this will be a gradual story that slowly links the past with the future.

And anyone still sore over the last story (*cough* Mav) might be able to get over it with a fresh start.

*plays Sexual Healing on her iPod*:naughty:

You get to learn about that kind of stuff in school? That'd make an interesting lesson. We did get to learn about Jack the Ripper, though it was in History when it wasn't compulsory.

They mentioned it was now called Mira Loma at the end of the film. I'd never heard of it, and I guess thats why :naughty:

Some kids do, some don't. It depends on which teacher you got stuck with.

I took a test to "Find Out What Kind of Serial Killer You Are!!?!" and got Jack the Ripper.:blush-anim-cl:

• 2 weeks later...
Kind of. I having 5 girls round on Saurday, then we're going to the cinema with a bunch of guys from school, and then the girls are coming back to my house, and we'll probably party :biggrin2:

That sounds like loads of fun :biggrin2:

Ah yes, girlies, I have signed up for Mika's birthday project and I am going to do a write-up on the PPRC. If you want to contribute, that would be totally rad but either way I will run it by you to see what you think. :thumb_yello:

• 1 month later...

I know nico_collard used to post in here with the rest of us fairly often, so thought I'd mention this just in case you guys miss this, nicocollard's sister Zoe has just let us know that she is in intensive care after a seizure. All to do with these migraines she's been having.... There is a thread for her also

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=18888