2008 Brit Awards on US television TONIGHT

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When he got his award and just screamed really loud, I thought he was walking away. I said "best acceptance speech...EVER!" But then he came back to talk. Haha, eh...still the best beginning to an acceptance speech ever.

And I'm sorry about your TV station not working. But that's why YouTube is just SO amazing! :thumb_yello:

Oh I am so sorry.......

That's ok! :biggrin2: I'm glad everyone got to see it!!

When he got his award and just screamed really loud, I thought he was walking away. I said "best acceptance speech...EVER!" But then he came back to talk. Haha, eh...still the best beginning to an acceptance speech ever.

And I'm sorry about your TV station not working. But that's why YouTube is just SO amazing! :thumb_yello:

I was hoping he would just walk away too! :lmfao:

Holy crap!! :shocked:

I didn't get to see it!!!

Damn you iO digital cable and your lack of BBC America!!! :raygun:

But I was just thinking something. I remember that Bravo TV puts on the BRITS as part of their Breakfast With The Arts thing on Saturday mornings. I'll see if it'll show up one of these days.

I just watched this tonight..

I love Mark Ronson.. I think he's very talented and whatnot but I really feel like Mika deserved to win Best Male Artist... Mark's a very good producer but I think this award should've gone to a singer, and Mika was the by far the best in that category.

I couldn't agree more! Mark Ronson is a great guy and talented at what he does. But he only adapts songs for others (like Amy Winehouse) to sing. He can't write his own songs, and he can't sing.

But he did go to The Brits School, and Mika didn't. So, Mark won, and Mika didn't!!

Thank God that Mika won the public vote for Best Breakthrough artist!

I couldn't agree more! Mark Ronson is a great guy and talented at what he does. But he only adapts songs for others (like Amy Winehouse) to sing. He can't write his own songs, and he can't sing.

But he did go to The Brits School, and Mika didn't. So, Mark won, and Mika didn't!!

Thank God that Mika won the public vote for Best Breakthrough artist!

He went to the Brit School too? Didn't know that..

what's the brits school??

Mark Ronson didn't go to the Brit school. Basically the Brit school is a school for talented musicians based near London, under 18 I think. Loads of great people have come from there Amy Winehouse, Adele, The Feeling, The Kooks, Lily Allen, Leona Lewis and loads more. Also the Brit Awards help fund the Brit School.

XXXX

Mark Ronson didn't go to the Brit school. Basically the Brit school is a school for talented musicians based near London, under 18 I think. Loads of great people have come from there Amy Winehouse, Adele, The Feeling, The Kooks, Lily Allen, Leona Lewis and loads more. Also the Brit Awards help fund the Brit School.

XXXX

Appologies, I really did think MR had gone to the Brits school. Still, he shouldn't have won best male. Mika was robbed.

LOVED IT! I adored Mika's theatre set. It was weird seeing him standing next to Beth Ditto. Total opposites! :) His set makes me look forward to the day when he'll be playing big venues and have really cool stage stuff. I just hope he remembers to save the first ten rows of every concert for the MFC!

Saw brief glimpses of Cherisse's crystal mask. Cool.

Amy Winehouse has a wonderful voice, but her stage presence is really lacking. She looks so insecure, like she has to go to the bathroom. Then she hitches up her skirt like she is some timid street walker. It's really weird.