The Chinese thread

Mika_baby

good we can hv a bonus dvd for him :teehee:

or the cd will turn into a soundtrack for the play?

i dunno XD

i can ask my bro bout the filming thing, he's a fan of that :P

so we've got 7 parts in music & 13 parts in the mag part.

how should we divide them?

for the mag part :P

i suggest to finish the easiest parts first.

let's start wit these columns!!

@mikasounds

-we start a discussion bout mika, but in a twittering way. as MIKA is a kinda active twitter user (tho he isn't one when he's on holidays recently :P)

-or tweet mika

On mika's face

- hmm most of us must hv done naughty things like adding scars or makeups etc on magazine/ newspaper ads photos, let's try it on mika's face this time

word photo collage

- we've been talkin bout it for long, so pls submit a photo of urself holding a big word card

we're gonna make "♥____ (your name) ♥MIKA" first.

we'll try this first & if it works we'll try different versions later, then choose the best one at the end!

hmm i'm guessing if he is REALLY coming this year, it might be near the dates of jpn/ aus/ kr gigs.

i saw him saying he'll be back to korea this summer.

maybe it can be a reference (:

and i would like to set a deadline for the first part of the mikea mag, the parts stated above!

it is 20th Feb (Sun).

& you can submit ur work to hystericsuisui@gmail.com by that time!!

lookin fwd to ur work (;

Edited by suisuimeko

Check this out!

:biggrin2:

Aaaaaaah thank you so much! :huglove: That makes Hong Kong (maybe? he seems to hate HK, he keeps mention Oz, Korea and Japan but not HK :thumbdown::roftl:) part of his tour innnnn May/June? :S That's pretty early. Less than a year from his last gig XD but maybe he's not telling the truth...:mf_rosetinted:

If he's really performing in hk in the summer that's during my GCSEs :( I might not be able to make it to the gig :/

buuuuut anyway yeah.

the deadline for the magazine parts sound good :)

Aaaaaaah thank you so much! :huglove: That makes Hong Kong (maybe? he seems to hate HK, he keeps mention Oz, Korea and Japan but not HK :thumbdown::roftl:) part of his tour innnnn May/June? :S That's pretty early. Less than a year from his last gig XD but maybe he's not telling the truth...:mf_rosetinted:

If he's really performing in hk in the summer that's during my GCSEs :( I might not be able to make it to the gig :/

buuuuut anyway yeah.

the deadline for the magazine parts sound good :)

oh my usually when do ur GCSEs hold? @@

hope he's coming & all things wont crash towards each other!!!

yay hoping to c ya work :P

oh my usually when do ur GCSEs hold? @@

hope he's coming & all things wont crash towards each other!!!

yay hoping to c ya work :P

I'm not sure of the exact dates of the exams yet but roughly from mid-May to June :boxed: I really really hope I can go to another gig though :roftl:

Okay so an update on the music section: I had an idea that instead of keeping the radio play part and musical parts separate, we should maybe use all of Mika's characters to narrate the music?

I don't know how to explain it :boxed:

But basically I could write a short script and it would basically be a skit involving all of Mika's characters, and all the hk mfcers could do different parts. And the music by us would still be incorporated throughout. ^-^;

e.g. Drinky starts off singing the chorus of WAG :teehee: and Mubbina and Astor come in asking if he's drunk, but he says he's just singing? And then he says something like "here, listen to this" and then we can put in an MFC cover of WAG. :biggrin2: These are just ideas though~ :D

Anyway you can all start submitting music-related things as soon as you want! :thumb_yello: There's no limit to submissions! It doesn't matter if it's unfinished, it doesn't matter if you make mistakes. You absolutely do NOT have to be good at music to participate! It's not the content that matters, it's the effort :biggrin2:

To submit something:

- send an email to crazy_olly@hotmail.com

- make sure you include your MFC name

- attach the file(s) you are submitting! XD

Just remember that all submissions have to be of good quality, for example

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zgoslt - this is an example of a bad quality recording; the sound is loud and distorted.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/iyp6t8 - this is an example of a good quality recording; the sound is clear and not too loud.

If you absolutely can't get a good quality recording, that's okay - just try your best, the CD has to be professional as it can be. ^-^;

EDIT: oh yeah we still need a title for the CD :P so feel free to post any ideas here? XD

Edited by crazy_olly

sorry guys///

I got a heavy heavy cold so hv disappeared for last few days ;n;

For the patchwork

i think it would be like this:

PATCHWORK.jpg

the yellow part will be in PVC material,

but it could be any colour :

P1160395.jpg

the whole patchwork includes 147 pieces

deduct 56 pieces of "MIKA"

we still need extra 91 pieces....:blink:

if we cant collect enought quantity...

i suggest just fill with plain cloth in different color,

then ask ppl sign their name/ leave a msg to Mika before the gig XDDD

the size of each piece is 15cm X 15cm

otherwise it would be too large for hanging on his wall :teehee:

sorry guys///

For the patchwork

PATCHWORK.jpg

P1160395.jpg

whoa girl u're amazing!!

i love the glittering pvc cloth pieces, so beautiful!! (:

so is the thing we need to do is collect different cloth pieces?

& when/ how should we submit 'em to u?

i got & idea of preparing a mirror for ppl to sign on befo the gig, if want sth aft the banner :P

Edited by suisuimeko

I'm not sure of the exact dates of the exams yet but roughly from mid-May to June :boxed: I really really hope I can go to another gig though :roftl:

Okay so an update on the music section: I had an idea that instead of keeping the radio play part and musical parts separate, we should maybe use all of Mika's characters to narrate the music?

I don't know how to explain it :boxed:

But basically I could write a short script and it would basically be a skit involving all of Mika's characters, and all the hk mfcers could do different parts. And the music by us would still be incorporated throughout. ^-^;

e.g. Drinky starts off singing the chorus of WAG :teehee: and Mubbina and Astor come in asking if he's drunk, but he says he's just singing? And then he says something like "here, listen to this" and then we can put in an MFC cover of WAG. :biggrin2: These are just ideas though~ :D

Anyway you can all start submitting music-related things as soon as you want! :thumb_yello: There's no limit to submissions! It doesn't matter if it's unfinished, it doesn't matter if you make mistakes. You absolutely do NOT have to be good at music to participate! It's not the content that matters, it's the effort :biggrin2:

To submit something:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zgoslt - this is an example of a bad quality recording; the sound is loud and distorted.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/iyp6t8 - this is an example of a good quality recording; the sound is clear and not too loud.

If you absolutely can't get a good quality recording, that's okay - just try your best, the CD has to be professional as it can be. ^-^;

EDIT: oh yeah we still need a title for the CD :P so feel free to post any ideas here? XD

the cd would sound more like a story at the end, i like ur idea so badly!!

things are getting more & more exciting plus fun now!! love em!!

will listen to ur recordings later :P

maybe it's rather hard to hv a title of the cd now cos we hvnt got any tracks fr everyone yet!!! :lol3:

hello everyone~

how come u gays have drawn so many plans XD

i cant really follow ( as i hvnt been here for a few days ! )

btw , wt can i help ? cd ? meg ? i hv no ideas dat which part can i participate:shocked:

maybe? he seems to hate HK, he keeps mention Oz, Korea and Japan but not HK

ya , this made me so sad too @@

hello everyone~

btw , wt can i help ? cd ? meg ? i hv no ideas dat which part can i participate:shocked:

just join any part u're interested in!!

did u check our brief plans of music/ patchwork/ mag part?

we've stated several things that u can start to think about/ or start the work somehow!!

& feel free to throw any ideas & questions! :P

just join any part u're interested in!!

did u check our brief plans of music/ patchwork/ mag part?

we've stated several things that u can start to think about/ or start the work somehow!!

& feel free to throw any ideas & questions! :P

i know some of u gays start recording ,

but do we need a studio to do dat ?

or just simply record it by our pc ?

( sori for so many questions)

n the patchwork , do i need to sd to the person in charge ?

n can i make more than 1 of it XDD

but do we need a studio to do dat ?

or just simply record it by our pc ?

( sori for so many questions)

gays XD

nah simply record it wit ur comupter/ mp3 recorder is okay (:

i'm not sure about the patchwork now, just wait for ping's instructions!!

why not?

lookin fwd to ur work yay XDDD

sorry guys///

For the patchwork

PATCHWORK.jpg

P1160395.jpg

aww, hope you get well soon! :D:huglove:

That's a lot of fabric lol! It's going to look amazing :thumb_yello: do you want us to send bits of fabric haha? because we need 91 more :roftl:

the cd would sound more like a story at the end, i like ur idea so badly!!

things are getting more & more exciting plus fun now!! love em!!

will listen to ur recordings later :P

maybe it's rather hard to hv a title of the cd now cos we hvnt got any tracks fr everyone yet!!! :lol3:

haha yeah we have to wait until all the tracks are submitted lol!

maybe there should be a deadline. hmm, I'll make another post with all the details later ^-^;

hello everyone~

hi! ^-^; you can participate in everything! :D this is a huge group project right? XD also you don't need a studio to make a good recording c: just an ordinary audio recorder should be fine, or you could connect a microphone to your computer to improve sound quality !

Oh yeah Sui I forgot to ask - for the @mikasounds section for the magazine, how do we submit something? :aah: is it like a conversation between all of the MFCers to Mika, or is it just all of us tweeting Mika individually? :S

anyway an update on the music section!

Music

Obviously Mika likes music XD So we will be giving Mika a handmade CD complete with front and back covers, lyrics booklet etc. But it's not just any CD, we'll try to make it as unique to hong kong MFCers as possible! Anyone and everyone can participate, this is a group project! :D All recordings need to be of good quality because we're trying to make this as professional as possible. ^-^;

To submit something:

Title

We don't have a title right now XD This will be made after all the submissions are sent.

Submissions

You can basically submit any/every type of music you want :biggrin2: Everything on this CD has to be performed by HK MFCers! Here are some ideas of what you can submit:

1) Covers of Mika's songs - in English or Chinese. Doesn't matter if you are playing an instrument or just singing, it doesn't matter if you sing part of a song or the whole song.

2) You are golden - you don't have to be musically talented! Just record yourself saying "You are golden!" or "Mika is golden!" or something like that.

3) 我爱你! - record yourself saying "我爱你" or "我爱米卡" or something like that. Cantonese or mandarin is fine :)

4) Audio message to Mika - if you have ever wanted to talk to Mika, this is your chance! XD It doesn't matter if English is not your best language ^-^; What you say in the message is completely up to you: but please don't offend Mika lol! :roftl:

5) Songs inspired by or about Mika - these are original songs written by yourself. You might want to get your song copyrighted first though D:! After all it is your music XD

6) Spoken parts - e.g. You can just submit yourself shouting "We are not what you think we are, we are golden, we are golden!" or you can just submit a recording of you clapping like in BIOTG or something else. :biggrin2: This means you don't have to be good at music to submit a cover! :)

These are just ideas of what you can submit - submissions are unlimited, you can send as many things as you want, as many times as you want!

The deadline for all music submissions is April 5. This is because we will need all the submissions to be in before we can start working on the other sections. Please tell me if the deadline is too early/late because it can be changed! c:

Skit/story

We will be using all of Mika's characters to narrate a story throughout the CD, to make the gift more unique. ^-^; These are the characters:

- lollipop girl

- big girl

- billy brown

- mrs. brown/billy brown's kids/billy brown's dog

- dr. john

- one foot boy(?)

- toy boy(?)

- four mubbins (mubbina, drinky, narco, astor)

- good gone girl

After all the music submissions are in, we can start to write a script to link it all together, and then all the HK MFCers will record the different speaking parts needed for the CD :D

This section is not open for submissions yet because we still need to get all the music submissions in :roftl:

hi guys i'm back:roftl:

sori that i've been away (from this thread only, i did keep on checking out his news HAHA) for such long! how many ppl are in this project now??? are non-chinese thread ppl included as well??? can anyone plz briefly updated me??:blush-anim-cl:

u guys are brilliant!!!!!

gv me one more week plz, aft my IELTS exam i'll participate in real!!!! YAY!:biggrin2:

hi guys i'm back:roftl:

sori that i've been away (from this thread only, i did keep on checking out his news HAHA) for such long! how many ppl are in this project now??? are non-chinese thread ppl included as well??? can anyone plz briefly updated me??:blush-anim-cl:

u guys are brilliant!!!!!

gv me one more week plz, aft my IELTS exam i'll participate in real!!!! YAY!:biggrin2:

welcome back!! :D

Dont know how many people are participating yet :dunno:

but yeah we have three sections (publishing/magazine - sui is in charge; patchwork/fashion(?) - ping is in charge; music/skit-thing - i'm in charge :roftl:)

I don't know if non-chinese thread MFCers are joining...so far I think it's only HK MFCers :boxed: but I can't speak cantonese (only a little bit of mandarin) so...:roftl: (sorry! :blush-anim-cl:)

also good luck in your exams! :biggrin2::biggrin2:

Hi everyone

MFC Housekeeping questions:

I am just wondering...there are two main Chinese languages...this thread is called the Chinese thread, yet you seem to all be speaking English in here....should it be renamed the Hong Kong thread?

We want all Chinese speakers to feel welcome, but it would appear there sort of needs to be Chinese language threads too.

Please PM me your thoughts on this, I don't need to take up thread space.

If you are ALL happy with the Chinese thread being in English, then no reason to change, but it does seem strange to me:wink2: (I go to the Korean thread and have to google translate everything:aah:)

welcome back!! :D

Dont know how many people are participating yet :dunno:

but yeah we have three sections (publishing/magazine - sui is in charge; patchwork/fashion(?) - ping is in charge; music/skit-thing - i'm in charge)

I don't know if non-chinese thread MFCers are joining...so far I think it's only HK MFCers :boxed: but I can't speak cantonese (only a little bit of mandarin) so...:roftl: (sorry!

also good luck in your exams!

Thanks for the update Olly!!!:thumb_yello:

Hey!!! Guys!!! :aah:I know the discussion has in progress for a long time but I really want to help !!!

Previously, Iris invited me to join but i will attend the AL exam in April. I will be free after that~

Welcome to the MFC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Never mind la, add oil for your exam first!!!

I took AL last year and it's really tough..... 俾心機呀:wink2:

How do u guys think about BS' opinion?

(I know Olly can only read English though):roftl:

其實我覺得呢度都真係需要1d中文字:aah:

不如咁啦,,, 大家得閒可以打下中文表達自己~~~ 始終係母語嘛!

(雖然我有時真係覺得用英文表達會方便d)

Oh NOT TRUE!! MIKA LOVES HONG KONG

He made you a video blog. It is still set to private, sadly, but Alice saw it before...you all get a feature...who had the bananas???

You will have to wait, but its #40....coming soon....:wink2::wub2:

YAP~i am so grad to hv ppl make more than 1 piece!!!!:thumb_yello:

and for the word "MIKA",

you guys want it be yellow/ pink / green ......etc XDD

aww, hope you get well soon! :D:huglove:

That's a lot of fabric lol! It's going to look amazing :thumb_yello: do you want us to send bits of fabric haha? because we need 91 more :roftl:

actually i hv many many many bits of fabric XD

my mum always ask me to throw them out....

so i think my mum must definitely love this patchwork project:naughty:

----------

Edited by Blue Sky