Do you believe in SOUL MATES?

I can explain myself more...because I think people assume that I'm just "a poet" and therefore a romantic...which makes me a dreamer a.k.a unrealistic...

LOL

Ever since I was a little girl, I watched my sisters and observed their mistakes with boys. They are both alot older than me, and have had their share of boyfriends.

I never had anyone...

I still, don't have a boyfriend (never have had one) and people find it strange because I'm boy crazy on the inside.

I've gone through tough times...LOST FAITH and alot of things...

BUT ONE THING ALWAYS REMAINED WITHIN MY HEART: The thought of someday falling in love. It seems like such a wonderful thing, to have someone in that way. So when bad times come and I feel like breaking down I always remind myself that the best is yet to come...besides my future career and success, I'm most looking forward to finding HIM.

I truly believe that he exists at this very moment, is hearing the same news... seeing the same moon and subconsciously is living to see me. Just like I'm doing for him.

IT is all about FAITH. LOVE is the one thing that I am amazingly passionate about. Alot of people, I've noticed those who have been in a few failed relationships are so quick to just say "well, you're young...live your life...LOVE SUCKS."

I think if I ever get hurt in that way...by love...I'll embrace the struggle and still believe what I believe.

Agreed.

I had my heart just completely shattered into pieces last year, and I lost touch of who I was after, got really depressed and just slipped out of it. But I never thought that I would never love again. Love is just such a passion. My heart loves to the capacity that most do not understand. I take everything I see around me and find a way to love it. I'm not saying every cute guy I see I fall in love with, because I'm not that way at all. Looks can only go so far and I learned that a very long time ago. I'm excited most to see where my love life takes me, giving up on love just could never happen. Everyone has someone or something out there, just some may find it sooner and some may it find it later.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can explain myself more...because I think people assume that I'm just "a poet" and therefore a romantic...which makes me a dreamer a.k.a unrealistic...

LOL

Ever since I was a little girl, I watched my sisters and observed their mistakes with boys. They are both alot older than me, and have had their share of boyfriends.

I never had anyone...

I still, don't have a boyfriend (never have had one) and people find it strange because I'm boy crazy on the inside.

BUT ONE THING ALWAYS REMAINED WITHIN MY HEART: The thought of someday falling in love. It seems like such a wonderful thing, to have someone in that way. So when bad times come and I feel like breaking down I always remind myself that the best is yet to come...besides my future career and success, I'm most looking forward to finding HIM.

I truly believe that he exists at this very moment, is hearing the same news... seeing the same moon and subconsciously is living to see me. Just like I'm doing for him.

IT is all about FAITH. LOVE is the one thing that I am amazingly passionate about. Alot of people, I've noticed those who have been in a few failed relationships are so quick to just say "well, you're young...live your life...LOVE SUCKS."

I think if I ever get hurt in that way...by love...I'll embrace the struggle and still believe what I believe.

wow that's really cool.. i think i lack faith when it comes to this particular area in life.. i have a lot of faith in general but not when it comes to this.. it's not that i don't BELIEVE in love or anything.. but i think my idea of love is slightly different.. it's a lot simpler i think.. i don't think any of what you've described matters.. i think love is just.. a type of relationship.. an amazing type.. a special type.. with special bonds.. and feelings.. but it's essentially a human relationship.. nothing supernatural involved.. but i think as human beings we need something to hold on to, something to keep us going and motivated.. soemthing to work towards.. for some people it's love, for others heaven and sometimes it's even money.. but it's not the only option.. and just because someone doesn't get to love it DOESN'T mean they have nothing to look forward to.. or that life hasn't been fair to them.. because one way or another, they will receive an equal amount of joy as everybody else.. just indirectly..

okay now i'm going off point AND i'm not making sense.. sorry about that.. i guess all i wanted to say is that i really admire the way you look at love and think it's very special and beautiful..

This is how I see it:

There are billions of people in the world and let's just assume only one is your soul mate. The chances of you meeting them is obviously extremely rare because it is basically impossible to get to know everyone in the world. Therefore I think people simply settle for whoever comes closest to being their soul mate, but I don't know if you can ever be really sure who your soul mate is. You'd have to line up every person in the world and talk to them for about 5 minutes each to determine that.

That's why I think many relationships fail, because no one's ever truely happy.

does that make sense?:blink:

I still believe in soul mates, why not?:naughty:

This is how I see it:

There are billions of people in the world and let's just assume only one is your soul mate. The chances of you meeting them is obviously extremely rare because it is basically impossible to get to know everyone in the world. Therefore I think people simply settle for whoever comes closest to being their soul mate, but I don't know if you can ever be really sure who your soul mate is. You'd have to line up every person in the world and talk to them for about 5 minutes each to determine that.

omg that's exactly like my point hahaha maybe you're my cell mate i mean soul mate!

LOL

I never had anyone...

I agree with you for the most part, and to a certain degree, I'm the same way. I'm a really cynical person in general and that's just how I am, but I'm very much a romantic at heart. I think that a lot of people, especially when they are teenagers, have experienced what they thought was love and when it did not work out, they decided that it is all that way. It's good that you seem to have the opposite approach to things. :thumb_yello:

When I was thirteen or fourteen, I thought that I was in love. I still believe that I was in love to an extent. It lasted for almost a year. I was so nauseatingly, tearfully crazy over a guy that he was all I would think about. He was five years older than me, and at that age, five years is a massive age difference, but it wasn't as if I was a child and he was an adult. I was quite mature for my age, and of course while not being as mature/experienced as a seventeen/eighteen year old, I was more in touch with myself and not just silly over a schoolgirl crush. I really cared about him. After a while, he went to college and I started high school, and we drifted. I haven't spoken to him in years. I definitely do not have those same feelings for him as I did at that point in time, and I think that for some people, when they see that sometimes love doesn't last forever, and it can dissipate as quickly as it came, they lose faith and they feel something to the nature of, "If this didn't work out, I'm sure nothing else will either." I think that the difference between a "relationship" and a "soul mate" is simply your connectivity with the other, and your willingness and faith in making it work.

i think too many people find themselves asking the meaning of life and taking these emotional/spiritual journeys to "find themselves" but that's what life's about... finding yourself. It's not going to happen... so people should really stop. Most people aim to find happiness in life, which for many reasons, in its purest form, manifests itself in love. But what is it about love that is so enticing? so powerful?... love draws passions within each of us that we may not even realize we are capable of. It's just something about unconditional, untimely love and acceptance that makes us go to great lengths to reach for it. But honestly, there really are so many people and things in this world... and if we took a little time to love each day a little more we'd all be one step closer to finding ourselves a pure and elated happiness. True love is hard to find, but if we didn't rush so much we'd have many more successful marriages and relationships. Maybe there is someone out there for each and every one of us, but if we preoccupy ourselves with physical attractions and material objects we may let that person slip without ever knowing. I think i've found with time, that it's so much easier to love and be attracted to someone physically when you love them psychologically. We all really need to love today, and it's easier than it sounds... it just takes a little bit of love.

This is how I see it:

For me, I just believe that the theory of a soul mate is in fact true because I know I have them. That could just as well be called a connection or anything fancy.

Love is soul ish.

Faith is bit supernatural ish as well.

i think too many people find themselves asking the meaning of life and taking these emotional/spiritual journeys to "find themselves" but that's what life's about... finding yourself. It's not going to happen... so people should really stop. Most people aim to find happiness in life, which for many reasons, in its purest form, manifests itself in love. But what is it about love that is so enticing? so powerful?... love draws passions within each of us that we may not even realize we are capable of. It's just something about unconditional, untimely love and acceptance that makes us go to great lengths to reach for it. But honestly, there really are so many people and things in this world... and if we took a little time to love each day a little more we'd all be one step closer to finding ourselves a pure and elated happiness. True love is hard to find, but if we didn't rush so much we'd have many more successful marriages and relationships. Maybe there is someone out there for each and every one of us, but if we preoccupy ourselves with physical attractions and material objects we may let that person slip without ever knowing. I think i've found with time, that it's so much easier to love and be attracted to someone physically when you love them psychologically. We all really need to love today, and it's easier than it sounds... it just takes a little bit of love.

or.... STOP in the Name of Love...

Actually Life is full of emotions and experiences and we choose accourding to our awarness and wants and needs.

Lots of people sure say LOVE SUCKS don't they!

You seem very sensitive and smart to me!

Mika has taught me quite alot about love again and for that I'm thankful.

Yes, I'm extremely sensitive. Mika is amazing, without him I wouldn't say the word "love" a hundred times a day:blush-anim-cl:

I've never been in love, but I've gotten my heart broken. Just once, though. It was about two years ago, and it was a big mess. So I put up this wall which allows me to not get hurt. But at least I can admit it.

*stares mesmerized at sig*

I literally watched her glare at me and tell me she couldn't sing for five minutes just watching her head bobble like a chicken.

ROFLLLLLLLL it's a guy.

No such thing. That's why everyone gets divorced and I've never seen a couple that's really truley happy so no. :biggrin2:

I'm not so sure it's the best thing in the world to be bitter from the get go about love... I mean look at the people who have had failed marriages but still believe...That's the most admirable thing to me:wub2:

I've seen plenty of couples who are happy... It exists:blush-anim-cl:

I'm not so sure it's the best thing in the world to be bitter from the get go about love... I mean look at the people who have had failed marriages but still believe...That's the most admirable thing to me:wub2:

I've seen plenty of couples who are happy... It exists:blush-anim-cl:

I really don't care one way or another.. not the lovey-dovey dreamer type person.. I see more people arguing then holding hands so I don't think soul mates really exist.

What you see isn't really the whole world though.

I mean, I walk down the streets and still see old couples holding hands...people who stay together and mourn their spouse's death.

Surely you must have some day dreams about love:blink:

I couldn't live without it

What you see isn't really the whole world though.

I mean, I walk down the streets and still see old couples holding hands...people who stay together and mourn their spouse's death.

Surely you must have some day dreams about love:blink:

I couldn't live without it

What I see is Iowa :naughty:

I daydream about love, but I realize that it is a daydream and it'll never happen to me.