American Thread Part IV

mandilambi

hell yea. all i have to worry about is drivers training now, which kind of sucks because i procrastinated in taking it, so now i'm in a class with people a lot younger than me *sgh* oh well.

And the uy teaching it prattles off a metaphor every other minute.:naughty::boxed:

We had to take that as a class in school. It was awesome. The only driving we did was to a fast food place and back!:naughty: It was my favorite class :wub2:

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

o dnt worry, mt sister was a senior this yr and she took it like 2 months ago! lol

that makes me feel better. Actually mika is worse then i am with the not driving, so it's okay haha.

Megan, hope all is well and not too over flooding. We did get a lot of rain last weekend. Tornado warnings, flash flooding. Everything here in our part of Illinois is okay now. We got a little freaked out about the tornado warning though. We had to go in our aunts and uncles basement because we were house and dog sitting.

Laura, hope all goes with the drivers education class. The written exam was kind of hard for us. That was probably back in 2002. We passed the driving part well enough. I, Megan have got a speeding ticket.:naughty: Me and my sister were late for a college class and I passed someone and sped up to around 80 because I hate being in the other lane for a long time so I tend to gun it while passing. A cop caught me. Had to get it off my record and everything. And the bummer was that I had this presentation in about 5 minutes.:naughty: That is the only ticket I got.

Woohoo that finals and classes are over for you. We love that feeling. We start more college in the fall.

Well, better get back to work, I'm on a little break.:naughty: So how is everyone doing? We hope fine and dandy.

The Meyer Twins

Megan and Haley

I heard about the flooding! i know some people with a cottage about 8 miles from where a house got drifted away!

Right now classes are just boring, so it's just annoying to go haha, but my friend called me yesterday during class and grace kelly went off

It feels SO good to be done, words can't describe.

Sux about the ticket though! i'll try and be good =p

We had to take that as a class in school. It was awesome. The only driving we did was to a fast food place and back!:naughty: It was my favorite class :wub2:

!!! pfft, mine isn't like that, it's broing and sort of strics with lots of car-death videos:thumbdown:. boo.

Well, there's been a lot of raining and floods in Illinois and Indiana and now Iowa's getting really bad and it's still raining a lot. Ames(city in Iowa :bleh:) is flooded pretty bad and it's estimated that they'll get 6 more inches today. There was this wall thingy (sorry I don't know much about it :roftl:) that was holding back all the water, but in order to keep it from breaking and letting all the water out in one big slam they lowered it and now everyone's just waiting for the water to come down the rivers and into Des Moines where the water will go up another 6 feet.

It's called a levee. Our house was flooded in 1993...it was devastating, so I truly hope you all won't be affected by the floods.

Hello everyone.

Crazy storm here last night. I had a delayed opening today because half the town's power was out. (Not mine, for once). :biggrin2:

hey! how are u?

and what is u w/ the weather, everything was perfect, but it feels like storms are headed their way over :( o well

so wats new?

hey! how are u?

and what is u w/ the weather, everything was perfect, but it feels like storms are headed their way over :( o well

so wats new?

There was a big storm here last night that lasted about 30 minutes or so. Thunder, lightning, and strong winds. Lots of trees were blown over that knocked down power lines. I was at Youth Group, and the wind was so strong, it blew my church's tiles off.

I'm okay....finally relaxing after an ordeal to get my license renewed. BOO! LOL

How are ya? :)

Ew, that doesn't sound so fun, hah.

I'm pretty good. Exams start tomorrow.:boxed: I'll be cramming later on.:naughty:

There was a big storm here last night that lasted about 30 minutes or so. Thunder, lightning, and strong winds. Lots of trees were blown over that knocked down power lines. I was at Youth Group, and the wind was so strong, it blew my church's tiles off.

Ew, that doesn't sound so fun, hah.

I'm pretty good. Exams start tomorrow.:boxed: I'll be cramming later on.:naughty:

omg! that would b scary, haveing the tiles blown off?!

omg! that would b scary, haveing the tiles blown off?!

Yea, we were all scared. It sounded like a car was going to drive through the window.:blink:

When I went outside, it was like a scene from a horror movie. Tree branches all over the streets, the tiles everywhere, sirens going off left and right, and a lightening storm a few miles away. The lightening looked really neat.

Yea, we were all scared. It sounded like a car was going to drive through the window.:blink:

When I went outside, it was like a scene from a horror movie. Tree branches all over the streets, the tiles everywhere, sirens going off left and right, and a lightening storm a few miles away. The lightening looked really neat.

i woudda peed my pants right then and there! lol

Megan, hope all is well and not too over flooding. We did get a lot of rain last weekend. Tornado warnings, flash flooding. Everything here in our part of Illinois is okay now. We got a little freaked out about the tornado warning though. We had to go in our aunts and uncles basement because we were house and dog sitting.

Laura, hope all goes with the drivers education class. The written exam was kind of hard for us. That was probably back in 2002. We passed the driving part well enough. I, Megan have got a speeding ticket.:naughty: Me and my sister were late for a college class and I passed someone and sped up to around 80 because I hate being in the other lane for a long time so I tend to gun it while passing. A cop caught me. Had to get it off my record and everything. And the bummer was that I had this presentation in about 5 minutes.:naughty: That is the only ticket I got.

Woohoo that finals and classes are over for you. We love that feeling. We start more college in the fall.

Well, better get back to work, I'm on a little break.:naughty: So how is everyone doing? We hope fine and dandy.

The Meyer Twins

Megan and Haley

Sorry bout this but wot is the drivers education class? unsure it we have it in the uk

Sorry bout this but wot is the drivers education class? unsure it we have it in the uk

It's a class that teaches the basics of driving. The rules on the road, what different signs and hand signals mean, the lines on the road, basics about the car, things like that. :)

I'm not sure if every state here is the same, but I took mine last year in school.

It's a class that teaches the basics of driving. The rules on the road, what different signs and hand signals mean, the lines on the road, basics about the car, things like that. :)

I'm not sure if every state here is the same, but I took mine last year in school.

yes, in the U.S. you have to to pass a course before you can drive a car. usually you can take it when you're 14 and 8 months (i think ?) But i'm really late taking it.

It sucks.:naughty::thumbdown:

In school??

In the uk you can go for driving lessions when you turn 17. You have to do a theory test then you go for a pratical test. when can you start to learn to drive in usa?

I didn't get to take that class...instead, my dad taught me. Scary stuff.... LOL

:lol3: I wish my mother would teach me already! She only has to take me to the place with my information, I take an eye test, and presto! I get my permit.

But she wont take me..:blink: I'll get her to do it this summer.

yes, in the U.S. you have to to pass a course before you can drive a car. usually you can take it when you're 14 and 8 months (i think ?) But i'm really late taking it.

It sucks.:naughty::thumbdown:

Are you taking the written test or the road test?