Uuuu Dna Mag?

patyricia

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, my eyes are square now, but I think I found the part that's mentioned on the cover...though I don't get what they mean by "Mika likes it dirty" because, well I can't see where he says anything like that...

"Anyway at the end it says:

Speedos or Short Shorts?

Short Shorts. Everyone makes fun of me for the clothes I wear. I don't think I can do it right. When I wore a speedo in Italy on my holidays it was in the British papers when I got home(it was?:boxed:)

They called me "lollipop Man" and said my big bundle of curly hair on my stick thin body made me look like a lollipop in the water. I thought I looked pretty hot.":shocked:

So there you have it...well what I could see anyway.

the article seems interesting, though it's so hard to read...he talks about Freddie and Rufus Wainwright.

:lmao:

sorry, that just made me laugh.

I wish I could see the other parts better, there is something about the pic of him with the cup of tea in the album booklet, but I can't figure what he said about it...

I shall translate:

Boy George famously said he's rather have a cup of tea than have sex. You're holding a cup of tea on your inside CD sleeve. Are you trying to tell us something?

That is genius! Thank you for bringing my social witticism 10 levels up by about 120 notches. Yes, it is exactly for this reason -- now I have an explanation for my nonsensical picture that I stuck at the back of my record.

I had to fix their typos :naughty:

I shall translate:

Boy George famously said he's rather have a cup of tea than have sex. You're holding a cup of tea on your inside CD sleeve. Are you trying to tell us something?

That is genius! Thank you for bringing my social witticism 10 levels up by about 120 notches. Yes, it is exactly for this reason -- now I have an explanation for my nonsensical picture that I stuck at the back of my record.

I had to fix their typos :naughty:

:naughty:

thanks for that. I couldn't make out "witticism" at all,lol

really though...what a ploy, "Mika likes it dirty"

I didn't see anything to suggest that:mf_rosetinted:

:das:

Okay, my eyes are square now, but I think I found the part that's mentioned on the cover...though I don't get what they mean by "Mika likes it dirty" because, well I can't see where he says anything like that...

"Anyway at the end it says:

Speedos or Short Shorts?

Short Shorts. Everyone makes fun of me for the clothes I wear. I don't think I can do it right. When I wore a speedo in Italy on my holidays it was in the British papers when I got home(it was?:boxed:)

They called me "lollipop Man" and said my big bundle of curly hair on my stick thin body made me look like a lollipop in the water. I thought I looked pretty hot.":shocked:

So there you have it...well what I could see anyway.

the article seems interesting, though it's so hard to read...he talks about Freddie and Rufus Wainwright.

haha when i first read that i didnt see the curly hair part so i was like:boxed::shocked::blink::drool:

A tall slender molding of tousled hair, quick wit and flirtatious sex appeal, Lebanese-born, but London-residing, Mika (pronounced me-ka) is already a certified pop star. His debut single, Grace Kelly, is still hovering near the top of the charts around the world after months and the accompanying poptastic album, Life in Cartoon Motion, with plenty more hits to come, isn't far behind.

He visited Sydney last month and gave a dazzling one-off show, which included covers of classic songs from Eurythmics, Michael Jackson and the Jackson 5, four drag queens dressed as schoolgirlslicking lollipops whilst tossing huge colored balloons around the audience and Mika pranding about in a big fluffy animal costume. It was a concert that proved the 24 year old, Michael Penniman, not only had the goods, but was going to be around for a good long time yet.

Earlier, during his brief five day Australian stay, Mika created some minor controversy with the mainstream press, for not wearing green fluoro skinny jeans as you might expect, but by refusing to give a straight answer to the somewhat blunt questions: Are you gay? Rather than being evasive, he shrewdly sidestepped the issue, saying it wasn't an issue at all, before heading off to disco the night away at a very gay-friendly Oxford Street venue. As you do.

Thankfully, Mika also found time during the lightening visit to open up to DNA about constantly being compared to the Scissor Sisters, looking hot in speedos and whether he prefers sex to a nice cup of tea.

DNA: Is pop stardom everything you dreamt it would be? Well, it is weird. It's a profession where people immediately feel like they have the right to make assumptions about you. Before you walk in the room they know exactly what they are going to say about you. It's very strange.

Have people's perceptions of you changed now that you've had a hit?

It's a bit like that, yeah. It's like, " Oh, we already know what this kid is like!" Before my songs were known it was, "Well, let's find out what he's about"

Everyone seems to want to know who you are sleeping with, we want to know who you are in love with?

Um, I'm not in love. Well...I'm in love with a few people.

Boy George part seen already---------------

Is your song Lollipop about oral sex, safe sex, monogamy or something else?

It's about no sex and staying away from sex, please! It was a message to my little sister. I was telling her to stay away from guys as long as she possibly could. Of course the last thing you ever want to hear in a pop song is "Don't have sex!" Sexualising pop music is often the only thing that sells it, so in order to get away with it I made Lollipop sound as dirty as I possibly could.

Another of the songs on your album, Billy Brown, is about a man who falls in love with a married man.

That's based on a friend. I always feel sorry for my friends.

So you write songs for them?

No, I write songs about them and delve into their lives.

Are they happy about this?

No, but, remarkably, they stay my friends. I have very few friends but they stick with me.

You mention Freddie mercury in your big hit GK, who is hotter Freddie or Grace?

Freddie--he got a lot Prettier??? (not sure)

GK ws classically more beautiful. It depends on who you'd like to go to a party more with. Who would I? Oh, Freddie, definitely!

You gave up a career in classical music for pop, why?

Singing my own songs is liberating in classical music you are constantly interpreting. You are only an interpreter, singing songs that have been sung for centuries and it becomes about the discipline and the craft and not a world in which you create your own rules. I also wanted to combine animation with visuals, with writing your own songs, with production and with doing a live show that can be anything you want it to be.

Sounds tiring.

It is a lot and I do a lot. Every album cover is an escapade because I do all that with my sister, so it's all a big process. I'm also in the middle of curating an exhibition of (his record artwork). Then again, it's one or the other-you're either a puppet, or you're the one sticking your hand up the puppet and tell it what to do.

Should we run with that, or move on to the next question?

giggles, I think we should move on to the next question.

Any pop star pals we should know about?

Ian Thorpe. He's a swimming pop star. We're all pop stars at the end of the day, whether you're swimming or singing for your supper.

Is it true you and Rufus Wainright are buddies?

I've never met him. People want to pitch me against him and against the Scissor Sisters. It's nonsense.

Do you think you would of been signed to a record label if the SSis, hadn't had such huge success?

We would of all been signed because we all make very different kinds of music, but embrace the pop sensibility. I admire what the SS have done, while RW is honestly one of the most important songwriters of of my generation, even if my generation is actually just the one under him.

Don't tell him that!

There we go. How to start a feud 101! I'd love to have a cup of tea with him, though.

Kylie or Madonna?

Completely different kettle of fish. Incomparable. I don't know why everyone always puts them together.

Britney or Christina?

Next question.

Favorite cartoon?

Astroboy. He is powered by nuclear power and has machine guns in his ankles-two things I am strongly against. However, it is a cartoon with huge social significance, especially for Japan. I love the idea that something like a cartoon can have such cultural importance.

Is there a clause that is close to your heart?

One cause we should all absolutely be raising awareness for, and trying to prevent as much as possible, is AIDS. The problem stopped being mentioned after the 90's and government funding really shrank. As a result, the increase has been reflected. You could draw a very scarily symmetrical graph charting the two. People should start making noise about it again because it's certainly not going away and, if anything, it's increasing. That's a terrifying prospect.

Do you consider yourself Lebanese, British or a citizen of the world?

At home I consider myself overwhelmingly Lebanese; on the streets of London, more of a Londoner than anyone else; and abroad I consider myself soe sort of confused mutt. Luckily that frees me from the shackles of emotional attachment to a particular place.

Are there plans to come back to Australia for more concerts soon?

I'd like to come back and do some festivals in the summer.

Speedo bit--

Shew! thats all folks

I can't get it either:thumbdown:

hehe, I did my lil bit on the other page:naughty: (notice how I started at the end...I'm smart that way:naughty:)

lolol we could of said yada yada yada for the rest

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

YAYAY we finally got this article, but I still don't get what the dirty part is

lolol we could of said yada yada yada for the rest

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

YAYAY we finally got this article, but I still don't get what the dirty part is

exactly, the speedo part was so very important:mf_rosetinted: :naughty:

neither do I...I think it's just to get people to read the article.

well, it sort of worked, we made it our mission:lmao: