The Oldlings Part 15

Wendi

Hey MM, good to see you.

Know what you mean about busy, most of my my posts this week have been from motorway service station, one of which should be on Most Haunted!LOL!

Hi Rose:thumb_yello:

That's true dedication. :naughty:

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a very good...night? yes it's night already! :naughty:

i can see old oldlings tonight! hi MM, wendi, charlie...sarahlou! sorry i say hallo also to ppl from th eprevious pages...but i cannot catch up now! :shocked:

so son has come back from france, excited by the trip, he saw so many interesting things and he's amazed by what he visited.

on the other hand...he sounds pretty sad about his 'look'. he says he's ugly, and nobody likes him.

i think he's just very tired, and needs a good night sleep. but if his moaning goes on tomorrow...what shall i do? he seems very upset...

oh oldlings the wise......i'm here for advice!!! (not bad at rhyming!)

It's been almost 4000 all day.....I'm slow. Of course, working gets in the way of posting. Or is it posting gets in the way or working. :naughty:

Two more Charlotte!!!!!! :punk:

Yeh, it's pretty much guaranteed that if you only stay in the oldlings you won't come across the bitching and moaning that have crept into some of the other threads. Real life is enough stress, I don't want to come looking for it in my free time!

I think that some people like agro, but I'm a complete pacific, so it's the oldlings for me every time.

Yes - its got a bit unpleasant a few times this week :(

Next to some people, I'm hardly on here. LOL!!

Oh, did I mention that I'm single and have no kids. :lmfao:

Oh, and, I can get the MFC on my phone so when I'm in a sucky meeting, I'll get on here?

I love my kids, my husband and my job (in that order!), but I can't help being a teensy bit jealous about the fact that you can do what you like when you like and are free to be on here so much!:naughty:

Happy Friday (evening!)

my fellow Oldlings!

it is SPRING here!

about 55 degrees and SUNNY- finally!

I just got back from a day of research at the big public library downtown.

I'm a nerd! I love to hunt down facts in a library, in actual paper books,

(as opposed to 'Google/Wikipedia/Copy/Paste/Turn-it-in-as-your-own-research' that seems to be quite popular with some Younglings.)

soooo, what's new?

Hey Robi! :huglove: Why is it that the gorgeous kids always think they are the ugly ones. I remember you went through this with him a few months ago too. He's so adorable.

i can see old oldlings tonight! hi MM, wendi, charlie...sarahlou! sorry i say hallo also to ppl from th eprevious pages...but i cannot catch up now! :shocked:

so son has come back from france, excited by the trip, he saw so many interesting things and he's amazed by what he visited.

on the other hand...he sounds pretty sad about his 'look'. he says he's ugly, and nobody likes him.

i think he's just very tired, and needs a good night sleep. but if his moaning goes on tomorrow...what shall i do? he seems very upset...

Hi Robi - a crisis about looks is always difficult to handle. He wont believe

you, as you are his Mum - and us Mum's think our children are lovely

anyway. Point out his good qualities, and keep building them up - and

if he feels he does things that are not great, help him to see how he can

make a difference himself. In another year or two he will think he is the

best thing since sliced bread!!! :wink2:

I love my kids, my husband and my job (in that order!), but I can't help being a teensy bit jealous about the fact that you can do what you like when you like and are free to be on here so much!:naughty:

agree 100% :thumb_yello:

...............and go to as many gigs as you want, i will add.

Awe, Leonita gets my 4000th post! :naughty: Well, those hunt-down facts on the internet are pretty popular with some of the Oldlings too. :wink2: Yes, I'm lazy. :naughty:

Happy Friday (evening!)

my fellow Oldlings!

it is SPRING here!

about 55 degrees and SUNNY- finally!:naughty:

I just got back from a day of research at the big public library downtown.

I'm a nerd! I love to hunt down facts in a library, in actual paper books,

(as opposed to 'Google/Wikipedia/Copy/Paste/Turn-it-in-as-your-own-research' that seems to be quite popular with some Younglings.)

soooo, what's new?

Awe, Leonita gets my 4000th post! :naughty: Well, those hunt-down facts on the internet are pretty popular with some of the Oldlings too. :wink2: Yes, I'm lazy. :naughty:

:woot_jump::yay: 4000 posts - congratulations Charlotte :groupwave::yay:

So what's everyone up to this weekend then?

After watching Dr Who and going to the cinema tomorrow night, I'm back to auntie sitting for the week.

Just think though.....if I ever decided to start a family, I'm going to be so old that my kids are going to get away with murder. So, a little jealous about that. LOL!! :wink2:

But, I do love my FREEDOM! :naughty: Of course, I do have two little furry boys that try to pull my off the computer constantly. One hates it when I sit at the computer. He just whines and whines until I get off. LOL

wow, 4,000... well done!

hope you're feeling better today-

Hi Wendi, Robi, MikaMad, so sorry I don't have time to read back, so

Hello everybody!

Hey Robi! :huglove: Why is it that the gorgeous kids always think they are the ugly ones. I remember you went through this with him a few months ago too. He's so adorable.

Hi Robi - a crisis about looks is always difficult to handle. He wont believe

you, as you are his Mum - and us Mum's think our children are lovely

anyway. Point out his good qualities, and keep building them up - and

if he feels he does things that are not great, help him to see how he can

make a difference himself. In another year or two he will think he is the

best thing since sliced bread!!! :wink2:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

oldling support is the best you can have! :wub2:

thanks!

I am off to have lunch with my 18 year old son tomorrow - and its

his turn to pay!! :wink2: Then I am off to see my b/f, and will have

dinner with him before I come back up the road. The forecast is for

heavy snow tomorrow night and Sunday - so I will be staying in then!!! :thumb_yello:

Hi Leona - sounds like you got quite a bit done!!! :thumb_yello:

Pooh - not sure if you are going or not - if you are then sweet dreams,

if not, then great!!!! :D

i'm not going yet :biggrin2: i hope not anyway, gary has just arrived home, slightly pickled, may have to hold his hand whilst he yodles

well done charlotte :yay:

Yeh, it's pretty much guaranteed that if you only stay in the oldlings you won't come across the bitching and moaning that have crept into some of the other threads. Real life is enough stress, I don't want to come looking for it in my free time!

I think that some people like agro, but I'm a complete pacific, so it's the oldlings for me every time.

if you are the pacific, I must be the atlantic :thumb_yello:

Hi Robi!:thumb_yello:

I don't know what to say about your son. It must be that dreadful phase that all teenagers go through of hating the way that they look. Obviously, he's gorgeous, but you'll have a tough job persuading him to believe that.

Maybe there are a few people who don't like him, it must be very rare in school to be liked by everybody, but he should try and concentrate on his true friends. They are the ones who know him best, so they're opinion is based on knowledge not on anything as shallow as appearance.

Telling him it's just a phase would probably make him feel worse, but in reality, it's the truth.

I wish that I had the solution!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

oldling support is the best you can have! :wub2:

thanks!

You are welcome Robi - hope its helpful!! :wub2:

Awe, Thank you! Thank you! I officially have no life! :naughty: I wonder if I'm in the top 100 posters yet? :naughty:

You must be - surely!!! :thumb_yello:

Awe, Thank you! Thank you! I officially have no life! :naughty: I wonder if I'm in the top 100 posters yet? :naughty:

you have a very rich, fulfilling life on MFC, you've met Mika,

what more could you want??

Hey Rose...Um, I'm doing it! No,just kidding! Tomorrow, I'm going over my Mum's and then, we are headed out to get our hair done. My roots are revealing my true hair color....I about forgot. LMAO! Then, off to the cinema and then back home for me.

The following weekend is the fun one. :naughty:

So what's everyone up to this weekend then?

After watching Dr Who and going to the cinema tomorrow night, I'm back to auntie sitting for the week.

hi leona...spring is in full shape here too....too gorgeous a day today! :thumb_yello:

rak1, tomorrow i'll have a good chat with a friend and then Scout show with my younger son. on sunday i'm going to buy flowers and do some gardening in the afternoon.:thumb_yello:

with a good dose of laundry, hanging and ironing plus cooking in between! :thumbdown: