Appleman, apples, cats, donuts, sarcasm, wizards (kind & fine), and WHATEVER part 4

Yoppappop

Speaking of YouTube, the vice principal of my daughter's school called and was concerned that my 7 yr daughter opened a YouTube account with recordings of herself singing. :shocked:

Now, I have to go. The new emergency of the day is that she just stuck something up her nose and it won't come out.

*The joys of parenthood*

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Speaking of YouTube, the vice principal of my daughter's school called and was concerned that my 7 yr daughter opened a YouTube account with recordings of herself singing. :shocked:

Now, I have to go. The new emergency of the day is that she just stuck something up her nose and it won't come out.

*The joys of parenthood*

My (now 3yr old) daughter did that when she was 2. We had to run off and find a doctor's surgery that was open late and thankfully they saw us pretty quickly. When the eventually got it out, it was a blue bead. Turns out she'd been playing in my craft room.

Where's Christine? I haven't seen her for a while?

I like to think it's because she is advising Mika on how to set up the fan club perks? :ap_rosetinted:

I was wondering where she was too....hoping she was doing something nice and Mika-related!!:naughty:

Hi everyone! :biggrin2:

It seems to take me forever to get through these threads and then I don't have time to post.

I will answer your PM soon Bab. :thumb_yello:

Oh my, I hope you can sort it out quickly!

I'm used to celebrities like, you know, most Hollywood stars, and pop singers like Jessica Simpson or Kelly Clarkson for instance, who are all very mainstream and wouldn't be into anime or Japanese otaku culture or various online-spread phenomena.

That's because Jessica Simpson and Kelly Clarkson are products of mainstream culture. I mean they are not particularly creative and in Jessica Simpson's case she doesn't even have any basic talent. She is only a celebrity because she was packaged and marketed for the mainstream. If she had the same interests as Katy Perry she wouldn't be what she is.

You only have to take one look at Mika in the context or his more-or-less self-made success to know that he is being influenced by non-mainstream culture.

I think the fact that not-entirely-mainstream artists are now entering the mainstream is why you're seeing more celebs with quirky interests. Three years ago no one would have imagined artists like Mika and Kate Nash being Top 40 radio stars, but this is now the mainstream, at least in the UK.

Christine's back

*waves wildly*

This thread is so quiet lately... I mean, I've been spending all my time doing endless drawings in the Midway thread, but everyone else is quiet too!

--Jack

I feel like I have been run off my feet on here the last couple of days...my own fault for starting the happy widdle thread about Songwriter of the Year I guess, but at the time of the Ivors, we were scouring getty and wireimage etc, then youtube, all to get a glimpse, hear a snippet of info...you know, the usual carryon.

The apples came second to the common good, sorry!:bleh:

My (now 3yr old) daughter did that when she was 2. We had to run off and find a doctor's surgery that was open late and thankfully they saw us pretty quickly. When the eventually got it out, it was a blue bead. Turns out she'd been playing in my craft room.

Hi everyone! :biggrin2:

Oh my, I hope you can sort it out quickly!

No surgery or walk-in clinics required, thankfully. Found closetmikafan sticking a hairpin in her nose though.:shocked: She blew it out with tissue. She found that rubbery glue that you can find in magazines where they stick inserts. I think she was going to pull a prank that she found a big boogey. Anyway, drama is over.

Glad you've shown up today Christine. I've been thinking about watching the Ting Tings at the Mod Club on Friday, June 6th.

I don't mind mainstream too much. I find it rather gratifying when you have a hunch about something good and then everyone else follows. It just confirms that you had good taste or a sense of style about something. It gets annoying though when it becomes so trendy that "uniqueness" goes out the window. Take for example the "Coach" purse, and all the Lululemon.:thumbdown:

No surgery or walk-in clinics required, thankfully. Found closetmikafan sticking a hairpin in her nose though.:shocked: She blew it out with tissue. She found that rubbery glue that you can find in magazines where they stick inserts. I think she was going to pull a prank that she found a big boogey. Anyway, drama is over.

A fine idea, if a little dangerous! I like her thinking.:wink2:

Glad you've shown up today Christine. I've been thinking about watching the Ting Tings at the Mod Club on Friday, June 6th.

:no: June 6th is Adele. You're busy!

What's the deal with the Ting Tings anyway? Do they suck as much as Nico Collard and Sariflor? I'm not too crazy about Mika's non-mainstream tastes lately. :thumbdown:

Suzy, the Ting Tings are coming on the 16th, not the 6th. It's a Monday. There are still tickets available. Should I get three?

You mean the Ting Tings right? Thought they sucked as much as Nico Collard and Sariflor.... :naughty:

You mean the Ting Tings right? Thought they sucked as much as Nico Collard and Sariflor.... :naughty:

No, I was just wondering if they did because I don't trust Mika's taste as of late. I do however trust Mark Holmes' taste. I've never seen a bad (or even mediocre) gig at the Mod Club.

No, I was just wondering if they did because I don't trust Mika's taste as of late. I do however trust Mark Holmes' taste. I've never seen a bad (or even mediocre) gig at the Mod Club.

Oh what the heck - sure then! I'm curious about all the hoopla. They might become mainstream really soon, and then become too trendy. They already have their one song on that iPod commercial. Don't wanna pay more than $20 the next time they come around town. Lez gooo.:thumb_yello:

Nice to see your pictures, the references for the fruit are great. And that is a cool tea. I've never seen such!

I like The Ting Tings, I found them via MySpace of The Gossip, which I like too. And they came to Finland and I bloody missed it. :yay:

Enfa, sounds like an amazing sister you had. You're too!

Hey Satu! *Waves*

Went to closetmikafan's sister's 30th birthday party and there were lots of fruit! There was going to be a chocolate fondue fountain too...but there were too many kids who'd monopolize the chocolate and make a mess.:thumbdown:

IMG_1004.jpgIMG_0997.jpgIMG_1003.jpg

So guess what I'm having for breakfast? Yep. The cake. I'll be in the mood for fruit later. :naughty:

*Waves*

Cakes can be fruity sometimes. :biggrin2:

Of course!:doh: It had strawberries in it. No "apples" at the party, though:thumbdown: Just me. :naughty:

Of course!:doh: It had strawberries in it. No "apples" at the party, though:thumbdown: Just me. :naughty:

Ooh, a real fruit cake then!

Party without an apple is like a party without an apple. :shocked:

Im hungry now. :bleh:

Hey Satu! *Waves*

Went to closetmikafan's sister's 30th birthday party and there were lots of fruit! There was going to be a chocolate fondue fountain too...but there were too many kids who'd monopolize the chocolate and make a mess.:thumbdown:

IMG_1004.jpgIMG_0997.jpgIMG_1003.jpg

So guess what I'm having for breakfast? Yep. The cake. I'll be in the mood for fruit later. :naughty:

Those fruit platters look incredible, Suzy!! Utterly delicous looking.

Btw, Enfa, I was really sorry to hear about your dog. I read it a while ago and it made me really sad. I hope that you're feeling sligtly better now, although it will take a while and obviously, you'll never forget about her.

Losing a dog (or any other pet that you're very close to) really sucks.

I'm so sorry:thumbdown:.

Hey Satu! *Waves*

Went to closetmikafan's sister's 30th birthday party and there were lots of fruit! There was going to be a chocolate fondue fountain too...but there were too many kids who'd monopolize the chocolate and make a mess.

IMG_1004.jpgIMG_1003.jpg

It looks great :licks_lips:

:shocked: no apple and no donut.gif:ap_rosetinted:

It looks great :licks_lips:

:shocked: no apple and no donut.gif:ap_rosetinted:

Unfortunately no. But I am enjoying caramel dipped apples at this very moment with my 7yr old. Yum.