Appleman, apples, cats, donuts, sarcasm, wizards (kind & fine), and WHATEVER part 4

Yoppappop

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Calling all Apples

AppleCalltoAction2.jpg

Ok, I need some Apple luv....

What do you say... can I get a little Apple love? :ap_rosetinted:

:flowers2::huglove:

I'd get something more original, but I'm supposed to be working... :naughty:

Oh, and rants are allowed. :thumb_yello:

I don't really have much of a strong opinion about your recent rant, zoots, but I can understand where you're coming from. I hope Mika's not too concerned about the constant harping - I think he expects it to some degree. And it may even be slightly flattering for him to be so wanted. But yes, the process of making music can only be prescribed by the artist himself, which is probably why setting a timeframe, which sets up expectations, may just be even more disappointing for fans in the long run.

I may have joked about waiting for tour dates and the 2nd album (although there is an ounce of truth in it), but I respect the amount of time that is needed (to some degree). Because if you were to ask me again, in let's say...September, then I might be singing a different tune. :naughty:

Oh I completely agree with you zoots! In fact the level of whining is really turning me off, I don't read half of it. I don't always read or watch the blogs for days/weeks after they come out and I really don't want to read people's inane comments on the blogs.

The more people whine, the more I am put off the whole thing. Maybe we should just crawl back into the hole of real life until he does release his next whatever. Then we will all have something to talk about. I am having a sense of humour failure too. I am not finding stuff funny that the others are finding funny. AAAAAArrrgh/

Oh I completely agree with you zoots! In fact the level of whining is really turning me off, I don't read half of it. I don't always read or watch the blogs for days/weeks after they come out and I really don't want to read people's inane comments on the blogs.

The more people whine, the more I am put off the whole thing. Maybe we should just crawl back into the hole of real life until he does release his next whatever. Then we will all have something to talk about. I am having a sense of humour failure too. I am not finding stuff funny that the others are finding funny. AAAAAArrrgh/

Aw, thanks Bab. I normally just scan past it all because I haven't had that much time on here in the last few months... so I look at the most recent posts on the few threads that interest me and I'm outta here. But being home with a cold the last few days has given me a chance to read more and really see the extent of the whining, and wow, it's a lot!

But I am cranky today too. Maybe I should just keep my mouth shut until I go back to work tomorrow! :naughty:

I was discussing this with Christine the other day. This is actually a good idea.

We all talk about it , yet the internet keeps sucking us in...Like any good addiction, no matter how much you 'want' not to, it happens over and over...

Since I finished my xmas holiday I have been saying that I need to get fit again and in shape. Has that happened? Nope. I just sit with the laptop instead in the evenings :roftl: feeling too lazy to actually go to gym, etc.

Maybe I need hypnotherapy :naughty:.

We all talk about it , yet the internet keeps sucking us in...Like any good addiction, no matter how much you 'want' not to, it happens over and over...

Since I finished my xmas holiday I have been saying that I need to get fit again and in shape. Has that happened? Nope. I just sit with the laptop instead in the evenings :roftl: feeling too lazy to actually go to gym, etc.

Maybe I need hypnotherapy :naughty:.

Well, I don't know if anybody will have noticed, but this is exactly what i have been doing. Giving myself permission to not feel like I need to be here all the time, and therefore actually not being here. I think I've checked in three times in the past week and usually for about 20 minutes at the most. Not that my RL is startlingly entertaining or anything, but there are some things that need my attention and instead of saying what I usually say which is "I really shouldn't be on here so much", I just decided to say nothing and go do it. OK, so I'm saying something now, but it's to make a point:naughty:

For the people that do hang around on here I'm sure it will be less fun if all the Apples suddenly decided to go and do RL, and I can hardly imagine this place without some of you around so much, but then, I'm not gonna be here, so it's really not going to matter to me:wink2:

Upshot? If you REALLY want to do it, you'll just get to the point where you won't have to convince yourself anymore, and it will seem like the only logical choice you could make.

Have fun Apples. See you round sometime....

I found that when I tried to ban myself from visiting pre-exams I ended up visiting more than I normally do. Now that I have nothing to do I feel less drawn to here. So I conclude that I'm not really all that addicted. I think I'll visit less often, or stop visiting at all, until there's more activity like a tour or real album news which probably won't be until much later in the year.

First of all Zots, I respect what you say and I agree with some of it.

But I still think it would be nice to be informed just a little what to expect the next maybe ½ year or so Mika wise.

Maybe he doesn’t have a clue himself?:wink2:

And Babs, SP; Sara and Chickadee….to be here or not,,,,that’s the big question….well not to me....

I log in whenever I want and stay as long as I want. I like this place, I love to follow discussions, read a lot, and not only talk about Mika.

Not that I’m able to contribute as much as I wish I could, language and culture references makes it hard sometimes. Especially in discussions like the one yesterday!

I practise English and computer/internet skills, exchanging tips and reviews about films, TV series and books; I really love to get an insight in other peoples way to live in countries all around the world!

I’m getting so many interesting links about art, music and all kinds of things, I’m having fun.:thumb_yello:

And the last thing I’m going to do is impose guilt upon my time in here! Never! It’s my life and I make my own choices!

Okay I’m done!:roftl: