Appleman, apples, cats, donuts, sarcasm, wizards (kind & fine), and WHATEVER part 4

Yoppappop

I wonder actually, DOES Luke know yet? Would he even tell us if he did, or would we have any way to know, other than messaging the poor guy on a constant basis? It would be kinda rich if we kept on with the righteous indignation way after Luke was actually given all the proper info, etc.

--Jack

Good point. :blink:

Maybe if he's still following the thread (which would be difficult now because it's moving so fast) he'd know?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's not so bad if you're absorbing a lot of the incidental discomfort yourself--like if a friend or your co-worker bugs you in some way, but you don't want to call them on it because you hate confrontation.

But if, for instance, you start to avoid that friend because of it without letting them know, then you're privileging your own comfort over theirs, as surely they're wondering why and may be upset about it and have no way to rectify the situation.

Generally though, people do it a lot in relationships: ie, someone dumps their bf/gf and then cuts off all contact rather than either explain why and give closure, or face the anger and hurt that's sure to follow. I have very very little respect for people who do that--I think that when you end a relationship (unless the other person was abusive or something), you owe it to the other person to put up with some discomfort. You're causing them plenty, after all.

--Jack

My husband wonders why I spend so much time on here. Partly it is to be exposed to others points of view and way of thinking. Even if I disagree (which in this case i don't, now that it's been pointed out to me).

The reason I highlighted that part above was just to say that if I did that to a friend, I would merely replace one form of discomfort with another. The discomfort of whatever annoying thing they were doing plus the discomfort of not being able to confront my friend about it, would be replaced by the discomfort of guilt because I was avoiding them. But I've gotten quite friendly with guilt over the years, he's here so much he's taken over one of the spare rooms and, like an inconvenient houseguest, I've kind of learned to live with it. The other discomfort doesn't even get offered a seat in the lounge room, so i'm less happy about having it around.

The reason I highlighted that part above was just to say that if I did that to a friend, I would merely replace one form of discomfort with another. The discomfort of whatever annoying thing they were doing plus the discomfort of not being able to confront my friend about it, would be replaced by the discomfort of guilt because I was avoiding them. But I've gotten quite friendly with guilt over the years, he's here so much he's taken over one of the spare rooms and, like an inconvenient houseguest, I've kind of learned to live with it. The other discomfort doesn't even get offered a seat in the lounge room, so i'm less happy about having it around.

Oh yes, certainly. Some forms of confrontation-dodging allow you to escape almost all discomfort, while others heap on plenty more if anything--but in the end, unless it's like the first situation I outlined, there's still discomfort caused to the other party that might be alleviated if one got over the discomfort of having to confront them. In any case the avoidance of discomfort that comes with confrontation is placed above all the other considerations (including your own discomfort relating to the situation).

But it's certainly situational--one can be way too hasty with confrontation as well.

Sup: I'm sure Luke knows the sh*t-storm that his firing has caused, but I'm not so sure he would rush to contact us about an explanation anyway. I mean, if he does, that would be lovely and would quiet things down, but I would hardly think it would be his first priority. He might just not think of it at all, or be unwilling to do it anyway (because again, it's petty personal, isn't it?).

--Jack

Oh yes, certainly. Some forms of confrontation-dodging allow you to escape almost all discomfort, while others heap on plenty more if anything--but in the end, unless it's like the first situation I outlined, there's still discomfort caused to the other party that might be alleviated if one got over the discomfort of having to confront them. In any case the avoidance of discomfort that comes with confrontation is placed above all the other considerations (including your own discomfort relating to the situation).

But it's certainly situational--one can be way too hasty with confrontation as well.

Sup: I'm sure Luke knows the sh*t-storm that his firing has caused, but I'm not so sure he would rush to contact us about an explanation anyway. I mean, if he does, that would be lovely and would quiet things down, but I would hardly think it would be his first priority. He might just not think of it at all, or be unwilling to do it anyway (because again, it's petty personal, isn't it?).

--Jack

*narrows eyes suspiciously* Did you study psych?

I've really never had anyone outline it that clearly for me before. The whole reason I'm on here all day is tied up to do with avoidance (and comfort vs discomfort) as well. You might as well just tattoo it on my forehead.

as i just said in the aussies, i'm off to do groceries so you may not still be on when i get back, but thanks all the same, for making me think.

Awww, you're welcome, I just like studying human nature. Most of what I've figured out has been through analyzing my own actions and motivations however, which shows that I'm egocentric as well. :naughty:

Although my first boyfriend used to tell he he was annoyed with the fact that I was always analyzing him... (and that a lot of times I was right!)

--Jack

Good night, Suzy!

Also, I wanted to clarify 'cause a lot of the posts on the other thread are making me annoyed... I really don't get how we need or deserve any sort of explanation whatsoever. When I talked about not minding kicking up enough fuss for a statement, I meant only if it's true that Luke has still not been given a reason, and not an explanation so much as acknowledgment that he's no longer on team, and I dunno, something else if they want to add anything. But like I said, even that was me being petty, and it's not anything I think we have a right to.

--Jack

Well, I for one don't think we deserve an explanation, who is fired and hired and for whatever reason is their business.

But I do hope that if Luke gets the explanation that many people are indignant that he has not recieved that we are somehow informed about it because otherwise we'll keep on rattling on about an issue that's been resolved. Again, we don't need to be informed anything but in regards to the latter I hope we do. :blink:

I stil wonder wether we should be informed, not about the reasons why Luke was fired but just that he won't be there anymore. And the fact that we haven't is just some more information that we have and no official statement is/has been made. It's like nothing happened.

Some ppl say we should because in the end they form a band, it's not just Mika even if a solo artist. I think it's true, they were not just musicians on tour. But honestly if i wasn't on MFC so much or haven't been, i wouldn't know Luke's name (maybe i would cause of the dvd and the concert but you see what i mean).

Now maybe i'd like to know why he's been fired out of curiosity :roftl: And i don't think he's gonna tell everyone that he's got the explanation if he has.

Well, I'm feeling particularly evil at the moment and I'm almost hoping that Luke was fired in an unprofessional manner. That way when someone says "ZoMG!!!11 mika sh!ts rAiNboWs, his sooo sweet nd wood nevah b mean 2 ne1" :wub2:, I can say "Oh, but remember the time he sacked Luke." :thumbdown:

Well, I'm feeling particularly evil at the moment and I'm almost hoping that Luke was fired in an unprofessional manner. That way when someone says "ZoMG!!!11 mika sh!ts rAiNboWs, his sooo sweet nd wood nevah b mean 2 ne1" , I can say "Oh, but remember the time he sacked Luke."

:devil: "almost" :naughty:

Admit it :ap_rosetinted:

You know they'd probably say that it wasn't his fault, John or whoever forced him to, blablabla :ap_rosetinted:

Some ppl wouldn't see the truth if it hit them in the face :bash::fisch: isn't there a phrase like this? :naughty:

hahah yes!!

You wouldn't know *insert something here* if it hit you in the face. :lol3:

That's why I'd love the whole truth to come out and I'd just sit here going

:devil: mwahahwhwahahahwuauauhahaaa!! He's a ruthless bastard!!

I'd still feel bad for Luke being shunned like that though.. But he's a big boy. He'll survive.

hahah yes!!

You wouldn't know *insert something here* if it hit you in the face.

That's why I'd love the whole truth to come out and I'd just sit here going

mwahahwhwahahahwuauauhahaaa!! He's a ruthless bastard!!

I'd still feel bad for Luke being shunned like that though.. But he's a big boy. He'll survive.

You evil apple :naughty:

photoshop? :devil::ap_rosetinted:

I'm sure if he can be very kind sometimes then he can be really mean too. Do you think so?

Actually i don't really know but i like to give my opinion :roftl:

Sometimes, i feel like you but it's about someone i know.

You know, like you meet some ppl and you keep telling your friend that you just don't really like one person cause she seems fake etc and they really like her. And then, the person becomes a "ruthless bastard" and you're like 'told you so'

But the worse is, you can't just be all happy about it like :

you :bleh:

your friends :thumbdown: then :bonk: then

you :mf_rosetinted:

I stil wonder wether we should be informed, not about the reasons why Luke was fired but just that he won't be there anymore. And the fact that we haven't is just some more information that we have and no official statement is/has been made. It's like nothing happened.

Some ppl say we should because in the end they form a band, it's not just Mika even if a solo artist. I think it's true, they were not just musicians on tour. But honestly if i wasn't on MFC so much or haven't been, i wouldn't know Luke's name (maybe i would cause of the dvd and the concert but you see what i mean).

How did we get the information about who the band members were in the first place? Remember:

“I would like to introduce my band!”:wink2:

That was on stage, in the middle of a concert.

Later on, from the dvd and interviews when he answered a direct question we got to know he had hand picked them, he had been looking for someone who could take as high notes as he could himself etc, etc.

“Earlier behaviour is the greatest predictor of a future behaviour”

( guess who I'm quoting :biggrin2:)

Couldn’t have been easy for the girls to meet Luke though, it hurts to be fired and it’s a much different story for us to read about it then it must have been for them to stand in front of him, look in to his eyes, listen to his voice and see his facial expression.

Well, I'm feeling particularly evil at the moment and I'm almost hoping that Luke was fired in an unprofessional manner. That way when someone says "ZoMG!!!11 mika sh!ts rAiNboWs, his sooo sweet nd wood nevah b mean 2 ne1" :wub2:, I can say "Oh, but remember the time he sacked Luke." :thumbdown:

Not very nice but:lmfao:

i wouldn't know Luke's name (maybe i would cause of the dvd and the concert but you see what i mean)

How did we get the information about who the band members were in the first place? Remember:

“I would like to introduce my band!”:wink2:

That was on stage, in the middle of a concert.

Later on, from the dvd and interviews when he answered a direct question we got to know he had hand picked them, he had been looking for someone who could take as high notes as he could himself etc, etc.

“Earlier behaviour is the greatest predictor of a future behaviour”

( guess who I'm quoting :biggrin2:)

Couldn’t have been easy for the girls to meet Luke though, it hurts to be fired and it’s a much different story for us to read about it then it must have been for them to stand in front of him, look in to his eyes, listen to his voice and see his facial expression.

Yes that's what i meant, how come he talks about them so much and in the end doesn't say that one of them "had to leave" ?! :boxed:

(though in concert it's normal he introduces them, but in interview an all he's not forced to, just like he wasn't forced to involve them so much in the show)

You evil apple

photoshop? :devil::ap_rosetinted:

arghh.. tooo tempting.. evilapples.gif

I'm sure if he can be very kind sometimes then he can be really mean too. Do you think so?

Actually i don't really know but i like to give my opinion

I think so. I think we all can be. It's all about balance and common courtesy though.

Sometimes, i feel like you but it's about someone i know.

You know, like you meet some ppl and you keep telling your friend that you just don't really like one person cause she seems fake etc and they really like her. And then, the person becomes a "ruthless bastard" and you're like 'told you so'

But the worse is, you can't just be all happy about it like :

you :bleh:

your friends :thumbdown: then :bonk: then

you :mf_rosetinted:

hahah! I know that feeling. Yes, it's hard not to say 'told you so'. Now, I just say, "well, we had discussed the possibility of them being that way".

:naughty:

what a drama :blink:

coming back when i have batteries and internet access at the same time :wink2::blush-anim-cl:

(no internet/phone/tv home, sitting in mc donald's being pathetic and running out of batteries since they don't provide electricity with the wi-fi access...)

bye !

Welcome back, Yop. :yay:

Will you be sticking around?

well, i'll have a look around ! as usual... i mean, before the internet problem... posting here and not much anywhere else ! especially in these delicate times :naughty:

I am happy my beloved is back! I feel complete now. :wub2:

By the way, Kata (everyone's been coming back, eh?), I found an actress who reminds me of you!

81595553-thumb-450x767.jpg

220px-Elizabeth_Moss_LF.JPG

180px-ElisabethM_Grani_2306029_400_763.jpg

Still no famous person who looks like me, I think. :thumbdown:

--Jack

I am happy my beloved is back! I feel complete now. :wub2:

By the way, Kata (everyone's been coming back, eh?), I found an actress who reminds me of you!

81595553-thumb-450x767.jpg

220px-Elizabeth_Moss_LF.JPG

180px-ElisabethM_Grani_2306029_400_763.jpg

Still no famous person who looks like me, I think. :thumbdown:

--Jack

Yes she really does!:wink2:

Is she by any chance from Denmark too?:thumb_yello: