NYT Movie Review

http://movies.nytimes.com/2008/04/04/movies/04shin.html

Image:

capt.fwd12320080331_watts_wood_scorsese_jagger_richards.jpg

marty-mick.jpg

Image:

mick-jagger-picture-1.jpg

MICK JAGGER: ROCK 'N' ROLL IS LIKE SEX

He is as famous for his sexual conquests as for his youthful strutting on stage . . . despite being 64.

And Mick Jagger reckons that sex and rock ’n’ roll have something in common — you can have too much of both of them.

The Rolling Stones legend says: “Rock ’n’ roll and playing live is very addictive. But you have to really be careful, because you don’t want to do it all the time. It’s like when you are young and you think if you are not having sex you’re wasting your time. But as you get older you realise everything has its place. It’s the same thing with performing.

“You don’t want to be thinking if you are not gigging, ‘Why am I not performing? I’m just going out to dinner with my friends, how boring is that? I should be out on stage’. Performing is a great thing to do but you don’t want to have to be doing it every night.”

FORGOTTEN JOURNAL, April 1, 2008, by Hannah

Image:

mick-jagger.JPG

Edited by A. Clay

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if a kid would ask me to xplain the word "sexy", I would definitely go for Jag

Kjkjhkjh.jpg

....and you cant always get what you want hunney...

and you CANT ALWAYS GET THE MAN YOU WANT HUNNEY...

how i love , LOVE that song and the way he sings it at the circus haha...he is such a sadist really, he was the first man to make the apple pose I M SURE...oh and look at the fans in that vid , they could be mika s fans....lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf9qtCLyWcE

Kjkjhkjh.jpg

how i love , LOVE that song and the way he sings it at the circus haha...he is such a sadist really, he was the first man to make the apple pose I M SURE...oh and look at the fans in that vid , they could be mika s fans....lol

THANKS FOR THAT:

I LOVE THE WAY THEY OPENED THE FILM "THE BIG CHILL"

WITH THAT SONG!

ANYWAY, I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE . . .

"SHINE A LIGHT"

i always think about that woman angela bowie you know, like if it wasnt enough to be the wife of the most beautiful man+genius of all time, the sexiest one wrote her a song,lol...and NOT some random song, no, a legendary and amazing one!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxZa_oD5WY4

a4bp68.jpg

and thanx! ...just didnt no about shine a light...

There's this game my friends play called "Do your best Jagger!" and whenever someone says it, you have to get up and start dancing like Mick Jagger.....it's hilarious hahaha :lmfao:

(I typed "Mika Jagger" instead of "Mick Jagger" the first time :lmao:)

and than she starts talking about how if she could have been a groupie like me she would have...:blush-anim-cl:

hey just tell your mum i understand her one hundred percent and that it is never too late:naughty:

@fmbm, come on, who can dance like jagger??11 thats a funny game you play there:roftl:

btw i typed mik jagger, i can still escape:naughty:

Kjkjhkjh.jpg

Did you see who was in the audience!?:shocked::wub2:

Mick Jagger, yeah there have definitely been some hot male artists over the years!

Remember that scene from the movie Hair when the one of the leading characters, thrown in jail for some reason I don’t remember, gets the question if he is straight or gay, and he answers that he is straight, no question about it, but then he adds:

“But I wouldn’t kick Mick Jagger out of my bed!”:roftl:

Did you see who was in the audience!?:shocked::wub2:

Mick Jagger, yeah there have definitely been some hot male artists over the years!

Remember that scene from the movie Hair when the one of the leading characters, thrown in jail for some reason I don’t remember, gets the question if he is straight or gay, and he answers that he is straight, no question about it, but then he adds:

“But I wouldn’t kick Mick Jagger out of my bed!”:roftl:

***GOOD TIMES***

What I remember MOST about "HAIR" is the conclusion of the First Half of the Show!

RE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf9qtCLyWcE

"WHO's in the audience?

At 4.25, John!:wub2:

I meant the movie Hair, what is the conclusion you're talking about?:wink2:

WELL, EVER HEARD THE EXPRESSION--

"YOU HAD TO BE THERE?"

I saw "HAIR"

1Hair%20Publicity127P.jpg

LIVE AT THE NATIONAL THEATER in WASHINGTON, D.C., USA.

ALL I CAN SAY IS . . . .

AT THE CLOSE OF THE FIRST HALF OF THE SHOW

(Just Before the Intermission)

THE WHOLE CAST LINED UP "CURTAIN CALL" STYLE PRETTY MUCH NAKED!

[it was very theatrical, using some sort of very large transparent cloth draped in front of everyone. But I remember well, as the lighting and curtain lowered, other things were rising!]

The Music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrGLf4J33vU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncscQ6z2ylQ

PEACE OUT . . . .

p3587u73.jpg

This may be better . . .

http://www.hairthemusical.com/

HEY REMEMBER THE SONG MIKA SANG FOR THE NY'S SPECIAL SHOW:

"I GOT LIFE?" LOOK AT THESE . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln508Dw1PLw

Aquarius! That song still gives me the chill, but I’ve realized I have to look for the right version, with drumming in the beginning

Oh how I wish I had seen that show!:blush-anim-cl:

It went for sex years! Wow!:thumb_yello:

It was lovely when Mika sang I got life at the New Years Eve party, but, I don’t know if I’m allowed to say this but, in some way I prefer the version from the film, when the guy is dancing on the table and singing.:wub2:

Mika is a cutie pie but it takes more of a real man to give that song justice.:naughty::roftl:

Oh memories….:wub2:

From the movie:

YOU HAD TO BE THERE.... that sums up life, right? its always about being at the right place at the right time...its a great memory you have there...

But I remember well, as the lighting and curtain lowered, other things were rising!

lol:naughty:

It was lovely when Mika sang I got life at the New Years Eve party, but, I don’t know if I’m allowed to say this but, in some way I prefer the version from the film, when the guy is dancing on the table and singing.:wub2:

Mika is a cutie pie but it takes more of a real man to give that song justice.:naughty::roftl:

From the movie:

haha, dont kill me but i dont like musicals, one of my favourites movies is a musical that somehow xplains why some people dont like musicals BUT ive just watched that link and i loved it so maybe i should give it a try(i was xpecting the chandelier sheen on the ceiling to fall at the end, how cliche am I?)...i like when mika sings it because to me its also a little bit about belonging to nowhere but yeah i must admit that it takes something else maybe like the filthy converses the man is wearing and his dirty jean, maybe mika looks too clean, not dirty enough for that song...but i like when he sings it though, i think it could become his song with years maybe...you never no...

Aquarius! That song still gives me the chill, but I’ve realized I have to look for the right version, with drumming in the beginning

Oh how I wish I had seen that show!:blush-anim-cl:

It went for sex years! Wow!:thumb_yello:

From the movie:

Did you mean six years? Freudian slip?

I saw THAT one last night while I was searching some to send you!

I didn't realize it was from the movie--which I've not seen.

I've now put it the top of my NETFLIX list & WILL SEE VERY SOON!

[i have a theory that you prefer things the way you are first introduced/exposed to them:

For instance, I first saw the British version of "THE OFFICE."

Even though I appreciate the American version, I still prefer the first version I viewed!]

Maybe that's why MIKA fans lament the possibility of no more "Lollipop"

show finale:

That was one of the first introductions/exposures to the MIKA sound!

Anyway, thanx for your comments.

PS:

MIKA IS SUCH A TALENT/ SHOWMAN, I WOULD NOT BE

THE LEAST SURPRISED TO SEE HIM WRITE/PRODUCE/PERFORM

A SHOW ON BROADWAY and/or the LONDON STAGE BEFORE LONG!

[i Would love to be able to say[/b] "I TOLD YOU SO!"]

Did you mean six years? Freudian slip?

I saw THAT one last night while I was searching some to send you!

I didn't realize it was from the movie--which I've not seen.

I've now put it the top of my NETFLIX list & WILL SEE VERY SOON!

[i have a theory that you prefer things the way you are first introduced/exposed to them:

For instance, I first saw the British version of "THE OFFICE."

Even though I appreciate the American version, I still prefer the first version I viewed!]

Maybe that's why MIKA fans lament the possibility of no more "Lollipop"

show finale:

That was one of the first introductions/exposures to the MIKA sound!

Anyway, thanx for your comments.

Yeah, could have been...:roftl:

But funny enough it’s the same word in Swedish!

The digit six and sex, like chicken in here, are both called sex in Swedish.

We just have to live with that confusion!:naughty:

I’m sure you have a point about what you said on the first exposure!:thumb_yello:

PS:

MIKA IS SUCH A TALENT/ SHOWMAN, I WOULD NOT BE

THE LEAST SURPRISED TO SEE HIM WRITE/PRODUCE/PERFORM

A SHOW ON BROADWAY and/or the LONDON STAGE BEFORE LONG!

[i Would love to be able to say [i]"I TOLD YOU SO!"[/i]]

I TRUELY BELIEVE THAT MIKA'S CAREER IN THE MUSIC ARENA IS . . .

"BLINDINGLY BRIGHT" "BLINDINGLY BRIGHT!

RE:

"haha, dont kill me but i dont like musicals, one of my favourites movies is a musical that somehow xplains why some people dont like musicals BUT ive just watched that link and i loved it so maybe i should give it a try(i was xpecting the chandelier sheen on the ceiling to fall at the end, how cliche am I?)...i like when mika sings it because to me its also a little bit about belonging to nowhere but yeah i must admit that it takes something else maybe like the filthy converses the man is wearing and his dirty jean, maybe mika looks too clean, not dirty enough for that song...but i like when he sings it though, i think it could become his song with years maybe...you never know ... " PAM TRAVERS . . .

RECONSIDER????

Mika--large-msg-118771384822.jpg

RE:

"haha, dont kill me but i dont like musicals, one of my favourites movies is a musical that somehow xplains why some people dont like musicals BUT ive just watched that link and i loved it so maybe i should give it a try(i was xpecting the chandelier sheen on the ceiling to fall at the end, how cliche am I?)...i like when mika sings it because to me its also a little bit about belonging to nowhere but yeah i must admit that it takes something else maybe like the filthy converses the man is wearing and his dirty jean, maybe mika looks too clean, not dirty enough for that song...but i like when he sings it though, i think it could become his song with years maybe...you never know ... " PAM TRAVERS . . .

RECONSIDER????

4april7.jpg

RECONSIDERING IN PROCESS...

oh and you rememberwhat i said about that movie about musicals, i just learned several days ago it made mika cried,lol

have u seen shine a light?

RECONSIDERING IN PROCESS...

oh and you remember what i said about that movie about musicals, i just learned several days ago it made mika cried, lol

have u seen shine a light?

PAX ON YOU!

Mika--large-msg-118771384822.jpg

Edited by A. Clay

• 10 months later...

Feb. 25, 2009

"The British Are Coming: The Beatles and The Rolling Stones 1964-66"

Lost Photos of Young Beatles and Rolling Stones (1964-66) to Open New NYC Gallery

Not Fade Away Gallery (NYC) presents "THE BRITISH ARE COMING!," a world premiere exhibition of previously unpublished, extraordinary photographs of The Beatles and The Rolling Stones at work and at play…as photographed by Bob Bonis, their first U.S. tour manager.

rolling-stones-grupo.jpg

"In more than twenty years as a rock 'archeologist,' I've never come upon a discovery of this magnitude -- thousands of extraordinary unpublished photographs of The Beatles and The Rolling Stones -- young, innocent and unguarded. This is likely the largest single trove of such important unknown photographs ever uncovered."

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2009/02/prweb2180884.htm

Edited by A. Clay