The Australian Thread: Part Twelve

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do prac at a hospital during the day (for uni), and work for a charity selling art union tickets over the phone at night time

Yes, im one of those annoying telemarketers who ring you just as youre going to bed, hopping into the shower, running late for work or in the middle of dinner!

Oh reeaally? *slaps* :sneaky2:

..... yeah ...... alot cheaper & fast ....... tho' it is TELSTRA ....

Oh so what's wrong with Telstra?

Hahaha ..... yup ... as an actor (out of prof. work) .... I have worked in a call center aswell !!!!

*slaps aswell*

Yeah that's what the protests were about. I'm so glad they had their huge riot a couple days before I went to Paris or else I wouldn't have been able to get anywhere NEAR the Eiffel Tower. Even though I didn't go up it going under it was still great and I would have been totally heartbroken if I didn't even get to get close it. So all in all I'm still pretty darn lucky.

That really sucks huh, for people who are there for just a few days - have these people no consideration! :insane: :roftL"

I've started putting a lot of my photos up on Myspace, the only thing I HATE about it is that it won't put my photos in the order that I upload them so they're all scattered about and there's no way I can organize them.

Oh but you can! I don't have Myspace open right now, so I can;t give exact directions, but there is an option "arrange" and you can drag the photos in an album inot the order you want :wink2:

Although, the crew might be caught off guard as much as we are though because there's no way to really tell when you're going to hit turbulence. You can only tell from planes that have flown over that area that day and they report saying where it was and just to be prepared. It was pretty scary, it was okay at first... one of the guys from our group that was sitting on the other side of my friend was laughing his butt off. I leaned over and asked him if he was enjoying this and of course he was. I did scream at one point when we did a huge drop. He guessed that we probably dropped at least 50-100 each time... which who knows if it's right or not but it wouldn't surprise me.

Haha, some people are quite strange. (Re. the laughing friend)

Btw... from the corner of my eye one of the crew members resembled Luke. I think it must have been the height, the body type and the shape of the face but when I saw him straight on he didn't look anything like Luke. It was funny though because I ended up hitting him with the bathroom door twice. I felt so bad but he didn't move!!! I came out of the bathroom about a half hour before we were going to land and I hit something with the door and I peaked around and it was him. So I closed it a little to give him time to move and I was able to open it up more and I hit him again because he wasn't moving! So I almost completely shut the door and I waited and he finally moved but then he was blocking the aisle so I couldn't get to my seat but then he moved and I had to tap the guy that was sitting next to me to let me in... which at first I thought it was Freddie sitting next to me because from the side they resembled each other too! Although, it wasn't him, this guy was from Sweden. It was nuts that these people from the corner of my eye were resembling other people. Either that or I must have been REALLY tired.

HAHAHA! You hit him twice! And you thought he looked like luke and the other guy looked like freddie! Too much MFC on the brain :insane:

Nope, this was another friend. The other friend you mentioned wanted to go on the trip also because a cute boy was on the trip (buuut she already has a bf so I don't really know what she was planning on doing.)

:insane:

Aww! If I had lots of money I'd pay the bill for you. But I would suggest it's the downloads that are costing the money.

Nope, we have unlimited internet. I guess that's what costs the money though :P

Its finally working!!! Yay

It'll be hard for people to be post-whores in here if it keeps stuffing up like this!

Tell me about it! :tears:

*announcer's voice*

And we're back!!!

Hello Aussies

So it wasn't working for you either?

Very strange, so it was working for europeans and asians, but not americans and australians/NZs ::boxed:

ive eaten far too many maltezers today, and im full but i keep eating them coz its a big packet "tear to share" it says, i never share it

hahaha! "tear to be able to eat them faster youself" more like. I love maltezers :cheerful_h4h:

That really sucks huh, for people who are there for just a few days - have these people no consideration! :insane: :roftL"

Oh but you can! I don't have Myspace open right now, so I can;t give exact directions, but there is an option "arrange" and you can drag the photos in an album inot the order you want :wink2:

HAHAHA! You hit him twice! And you thought he looked like luke and the other guy looked like freddie! Too much MFC on the brain :insane:

Yeah I know it sucks. We had limited time and these people had to pick that exact time and spot out of everywhere else to protest. :sneaky2:

No I know how to arrange the pictures but I have waaaay too many that it's going to take my FOREVER to compare them from the order they're in on my iPhoto program and arrange them on Myspace. It's not worth it.

hahaha! "tear to be able to eat them faster youself" more like. I love maltezers :cheerful_h4h:

i named my kitten maltezer, coz someone said call it kitty cat coz its a kitten and we call the big cat "cat" but kitty cat sounded like kit kat and i was like "nah i like maltezers better then kit kats" and thats how my kitten got its ridiculously cheesy name

:shocked:

When I view who's online, some of the "guests" are listed as a "Yahoo! Slurp Spider" or a "Google Spider"..... :blink:

WTF does that mean? :boxed:

wtf? that's sounds weird/creepy? Is that search engines going through our pages to find things to put in their results? Thats weird. I don't understand how search engines work :blink::bleh:

wtf? that's sounds weird/creepy? Is that search engines going through our pages to find things to put in their results? Thats weird. I don't understand how search engines work :blink::bleh:

oh yeah, that's probably what it is... but that does sound really creepy. :shocked:

(Perhaps we need an exterminator if we have all these "spiders") :naughty:

Yeah I know it sucks. We had limited time and these people had to pick that exact time and spot out of everywhere else to protest. :sneaky2:

No I know how to arrange the pictures but I have waaaay too many that it's going to take my FOREVER to compare them from the order they're in on my iPhoto program and arrange them on Myspace. It's not worth it.

Haha, so you want everyone looking to just be utterly confused?? :sneaky2:

Are they up now? *goes to look*

i named my kitten maltezer, coz someone said call it kitty cat coz its a kitten and we call the big cat "cat" but kitty cat sounded like kit kat and i was like "nah i like maltezers better then kit kats" and thats how my kitten got its ridiculously cheesy name

Aww, cute! I have a cat called Milo :blush-anim-cl:

A stupidly large amount of people call their cats some variation of the word cat (Pus, Kitty, Kitty, Cat, etc), 90% of the cats at work are named something like that. It's very confusing.:sneaky2:

I have a cat called Fatcat :roftl:

oh yeah, that's probably what it is... but that does sound really creepy. :shocked:

(Perhaps we need an exterminator if we have all these "spiders") :naughty:

:lmao: :lmao:

*rings exterminator*

"Yes, hi, I need someone to get rid of some spiders."

"What kind?"

"Google and yahoo, you know, the usual"

":blink:"

A stupidly large amount of people call their cats some variation of the word cat (Pus, Kitty, Kitty, Cat, etc), 90% of the cats at work are named something like that. It's very confusing.:sneaky2:

Fatcat :naughty:

My cat's name is Michael(or Mikey). I wanted him to have a "People name"

instead of a typical "cat name" like Whiskers or Fluffy... :bleh:

Yeah they're up and there's no way I can put them in order. I tried that once with my Mika gig pics and it took entirely way too long and I never finished it.

my mums cat is called milo, my bf actually named his cat "bast" which apparently is like the greek queen of cats or something like that, but it just gets "cat" constantly. i wish id called my cat "missy" as in "mischief" coz im always saying "get down from there missy, what are you doin missy" but oh well corny maltezer it is

Fatcat

My cat's name is Michael(or Mikey). I wanted him to have a "People name"

instead of a typical "cat name" like Whiskers or Fluffy...

Haha, yeah that better I think.

I didn't name him, my mum did. and he wasn't even our cat, just one of those ones that walks in off the street and wont go away, so he was just "the fat cat" as compared to Milo who is "the skinny cat".

omg, I would love to see somebody actually do that... :naughty:

*sets up a camera*

Yeah they're up and there's no way I can put them in order. I tried that once with my Mika gig pics and it took entirely way too long and I never finished it.

Hahaha

*goes to look for real this time*

Oh fricking crap! I can't have to go to school! And I'm still in my pyjamas :tears::fisch:

my mums cat is called milo, my bf actually named his cat "bast" which apparently is like the greek queen of cats or something like that, but it just gets "cat" constantly. i wish id called my cat "missy" as in "mischief" coz im always saying "get down from there missy, what are you doin missy" but oh well corny maltezer it is

Haha. My dog's unofficial name is trouble/trouble-maker.

"hi trouble maker, what are you up to?" "Here come's trouble!"

We used to have a little chihuahua called 'Cocoa", because all we could get it to eat was cocoa pops!

My dad has a sheep named Cocoa :roftl:

HIYA !! I'm only on for a bit as I have to clean today .... :sneaky2: ..... geez , that was a LONG server downtime for me ... :boxed:

When I was a kid we had a sheep named Woolameena !!! :roftl:

And a cat named Clyde .... but then he lost one eye ... so we called him Clod ... :boxed::roftl:

And our cat's name is Max. Actually, it's not "our" cat and we didn't get to name it but....

I read what OD said about the forum working for the Europeans and the Asians but not us or the Americans. I know it was down for the Europeans at one point, cos I had a couple of friends on MySpace who were quite annoyed about it. Sounds like it was just out longer for us??:blink:

*dances cos the MFC's back*

I don't know anything about this tibet-china thing either :blink: I feel mightily out of the loop. HK, ER, do you have a rundown of the situation? How are China taking over Tibet, and why?

You probably know more than I do...hehe. All I know is that China has been slowly taking over Tibet for years now...wiping out their culture, and forcing some of them to leave...but it's suddenly escalated...I should look it up really..

Mmmhmm, I hate all fastfood anyway :mf_rosetinted: Just subway.

That's pretty good, where did you get them from?

And supre sizes are off by like two, so XXS is really XXXXS :P

1. Me too. Subway rocks.

2. eBay, of course...

3. GAH

I think I have done a hamstring. That's what I get for being good and going to the gym.

Tomorrow I will just sit on my fat arse and eat chocolate :blink:

Sounds like a plan...

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

My mother wants me to pay her $350 or she is going to disconnect the internet :sneaky2:

I don't even have that :sneaky2:

I neeed the internet :tears: *hugs internet tightly*

350$????!!!! Crap!

I do prac at a hospital during the day (for uni), and work for a charity selling art union tickets over the phone at night time :thumb_yello:

Yes, im one of those annoying telemarketers who ring you just as youre going to bed, hopping into the shower, running late for work or in the middle of dinner! :naughty:

Ouch...that must be a pretty thankless job...esp. with people like me, who play havoc with telemarketers (No, she died last year. I'm just in here stealing her belongings. etc...)

Btw... from the corner of my eye one of the crew members resembled Luke. I think it must have been the height, the body type and the shape of the face but when I saw him straight on he didn't look anything like Luke. It was funny though because I ended up hitting him with the bathroom door twice. :roftl: I felt so bad but he didn't move!!! I came out of the bathroom about a half hour before we were going to land and I hit something with the door and I peaked around and it was him. So I closed it a little to give him time to move and I was able to open it up more and I hit him again because he wasn't moving! So I almost completely shut the door and I waited and he finally moved but then he was blocking the aisle so I couldn't get to my seat but then he moved and I had to tap the guy that was sitting next to me to let me in... which at first I thought it was Freddie sitting next to me because from the side they resembled each other too! Although, it wasn't him, this guy was from Sweden. It was nuts that these people from the corner of my eye were resembling other people. Either that or I must have been REALLY tired. :mf_rosetinted:

No, that happens to me. I've started looking at people and thinking, 'They looks like [insert MFC'er here]'

And there's this one girl at my school who reminds me SO MUCH of Amy. She doesn't even look much like her...I dunno what it is. But whenever I see her, I think of Amy. T'is weird.

There've been a lot of Kelzy's as well...and there's ANOTHER girl at my school who is totally M's sister or something.

ive eaten far too many maltezers today, and im full but i keep eating them coz its a big packet "tear to share" it says, i never share it

I loooooove Maltesers. I'd never share them, ever.

:shocked:

When I view who's online, some of the "guests" are listed as a "Yahoo! Slurp Spider" or a "Google Spider"..... :blink:

WTF does that mean? :boxed:

Slurp spider...ahahahaha...

Someone named their cat after the gross oozy yellow stuff you get in cuts?

HIYA !! I'm only on for a bit as I have to clean today .... :sneaky2: ..... geez , that was a LONG server downtime for me ... :boxed:

When I was a kid we had a sheep named Woolameena !!! :roftl:

And a cat named Clyde .... but then he lost one eye ... so we called him Clod ... :boxed::roftl:

HAHAHAHAHAHA...funny...Clyed without the 'eye' sound...oh God. I'm waay too tired.

Hurray - back in at last.! I was right in the middle of a post to the Aussie thread (MQ - had taken ages) when I got thrown out. But will have to wait until later to post properly - gotta go to work:thumbdown:

Hi all!

Nice to see the MFC went down again in my absence:naughty:

:thumbdown: :thumbdown:

My mother wants me to pay her $350 or she is going to disconnect the internet :sneaky2:

I don't even have that :sneaky2:

I neeed the internet :tears: *hugs internet tightly*

:shocked: OD...what did you do? How did you manage that.

When I was a kid we had a sheep named Woolameena !!!

And a cat named Clyde .... but then he lost one eye ... so we called him Clod ...

Ahahahaha!

Well we have a sheep called Barbra, as in Baaaah-bra.

Clod! :lmao:

And our cat's name is Max. Actually, it's not "our" cat and we didn't get to name it but....

I read what OD said about the forum working for the Europeans and the Asians but not us or the Americans. I know it was down for the Europeans at one point, cos I had a couple of friends on MySpace who were quite annoyed about it. Sounds like it was just out longer for us??

Ahh, its very confusing actually. How does it even go down for only some countries and not others? I only know for all of yesterday I was talking to people and it was down in NZ, Canada and Latvia, but up in Japan and Germany :blink:

1. Me too. Subway rocks.

2. eBay, of course...

3. GAH

1. :punk:

2. do you have a link, still? I was looking them up on ebay yesterday and saw nothing as fantastic.

3. Can't remember what you are gahing about.

Ouch...that must be a pretty thankless job...esp. with people like me, who play havoc with telemarketers (No, she died last year. I'm just in here stealing her belongings. etc...)

:lmao:

No, that happens to me. I've started looking at people and thinking, 'They looks like [insert MFC'er here]'

And there's this one girl at my school who reminds me SO MUCH of Amy. She doesn't even look much like her...I dunno what it is. But whenever I see her, I think of Amy. T'is weird.

There've been a lot of Kelzy's as well...and there's ANOTHER girl at my school who is totally M's sister or something.

Okay okay, there is definately a Bec at my school :roftl:

Someone named their cat after the gross oozy yellow stuff you get in cuts?

:sneaky2:

Hurray - back in at last.! I was right in the middle of a post to the Aussie thread (MQ - had taken ages) when I got thrown out. But will have to wait until later to post properly - gotta go to work

Oh, so it was down for England too then? Very strange...

OD...what did you do? How did you manage that.

That's just the normal 3-monthly internet bill :tears: