Is Mika Suddenly Changing Now?

phunkygal

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with too many posts to quote or mention (Babs, Christine,Sparkly...)

First of all, even if he HAS changed, we wouldn't necessarily realise by seeing his clothes or his hair, or how he conducts himself in interviews. It's all a public appearance, and therefore probably calculated and carefully controlled.

Secondly, I say: of course he will change, and he probably has in the past year. Heck, so have I, and so have most people.

Everyone evolves and changes in many ways, especially when they are young and when it comes to external factors like clothes, etc.

And believe me, judging by some horrors I wore in my teens or early twenties (80's and 90's), it's a great thing that I changed:roftl:.

The point is: the fact that he has possibly changed his style (which I don't actually think he has to a great degree) doesn't mean that his substance or personality has changed.

He's just doing what everyone does all the time: grow up and evolve:thumb_yello:.

I never thought that his initial "quirky" look was a 100% a true reflection of what he wears in his own time to be honest...

question: is mika changing. answer: no :naughty::wink2:

seriously, I don't think he is.

I agree, i think if one wears a slightly different shirt then usual or has a different haircut doesn't necceserly means one's changing.

But we all change. All of the time.

Just if I go and get a new haircut or wear a new shirt, not that many people care. :tears:

Really though, we only know the Mika that he has let us see, there may be many "versions".

This is just one look, and I can guarantee there will be many more before Mika runs out of steam, so either get used to it or just go with the flow.

Wise words, babs

He´s human, and he changes. It´s the normal process in life :D

tbh isnt it a bit of an oxymoron saying u love him for how he does what he wants... but then when hes doing what he wants u complain he isnt staying the same? Heck we all go out and get new clothes different from what we already have in our wardrobe now and again right?

I agree Sariflor and also I think he will wear different outfits and style for different occasions, I mean there is always a time and place so they say. I mean he wouldn't for instance go to a friends wedding in his long blue shorts and white global warming T.shirt. ( I hope lol).:naughty:

I remember when I first left home all my old friends and family went right off me and accused me of changing etc etc, they were really mean about it, and I look back and thing hell YEAH of course I changed, I moved away from home with my boyfriend (now hubby) and moved totally away from everything I knew.

They changed themselves when it happened to them (I'm glad I changed too because I grew up a lot more).

It's like when your young and your mate gets her 1st b/f and you hate it cos she has changed...really your just feeling left out and not number 1 in her life any more, it happens to many many people, both sexes.

I think we could be reading too much into this 'CHANGE' thing. Mika could just have toned things down a liitle so as not to overshadow things. Remember there is a time and a place for extravagavnce and i just dont think this was one of them. (hope this makes sense)

I meant to reply to this sooner but got sidetracked..

It's not about the clothes.

In the past, he just didn't care how he did dress like for interviews (or at least he pretended not to care), and now he's all neat, wearing polos and suits everytime he appears somewhere.

He would play on tv, now he looks bloody serious to me.

Of course, that's normal, he's got really famous and must be careful about everything he says or does now. But, sorry, I cant helped thinking he's changed. And again, I don't mean the clothes.

I agree to an extent.

Mika is still growing in his career.

He was more playful and bright when he first started off, but now he's evolving and becoming a little more put together when it comes to his career.

I think he's becoming a little more serious because he wants to be taken more seriously, but to me, he's still staying true to himself and what he believes in. He may not be prancing about in the brightest, most obnoxious clothes anymore, but I still see the same personality.

Basically, I think he's growing as an artist and is trying to be taken a little more seriously.

Breana, I understand what you're saying. However, this IS only one moment and when we see him again he could be the Mika we all "know". I doubt Mika's personality has changed but I do prefer his older look. I, too, prefer the longer hair, prefer the older clothing style but this is only one interview and we should try to give him the benefit of the doubt. He was also on his holiday too.

Let's try to wait it out before judgements are created, yes? :thumb_yello:

I agree, this is only one interview. I think we should wait a little longer before we assume these sort of things.

And as others have said, the bright skinny jeans and braces only showed us one side of his personality. I'm sure he has many others, and different clothing. And when you think about it, it's not that big of a change. It was a bright orange shirt.

Mika has walked around in plain white shirts and black pants many times before without anybody assuming he was changing. What makes this any different?

tbh isnt it a bit of an oxymoron saying u love him for how he does what he wants... but then when hes doing what he wants u complain he isnt staying the same? Heck we all go out and get new clothes different from what we already have in our wardrobe now and again right?

completely agree:thumb_yello:

let Mika be what Mika wants to be:wink2:

because whatever he want to be is sure to be good:naughty:

But we all change. All of the time.

I was gonna answer that after reading the first page! Funny you brought it.

Then again I know he knows how to make music, got talent and can sing. :wink2:

He also got brain and makes his art by heart.

im gone for an hour and look what i come back to! :lmao: noone is going to convince me, but i respect your oppinions. i wasnt asking your oppinion about my oppinion, i was asking your oppinion of mika, no? everyone is entitled to an oppinion, im respecting your's, so stop nit-picking mine apart. im simply stating that i dont know if i like how mika has changed, of coarse he is human, but people dont like how i change either. lol.

You're right that it's something you would wear while playing tennis, but Ralph Lauren came out with a "polo shirt" years ago that had an embroidered polo player on the chest...where Mika's shirt has the heart. That's why any shirt of that style is commonly referred to as a polo shirt.

18%20ss07%20pics%2024%20007_thumb.jpg

Aha, Thank you!:thumb_yello:

im gone for an hour and look what i come back to! :lmao: noone is going to convince me, but i respect your oppinions. i wasnt asking your oppinion about my oppinion, i was asking your oppinion of mika, no? everyone is entitled to an oppinion, im respecting your's, so stop nit-picking mine apart. im simply stating that i dont know if i like how mika has changed, of coarse he is human, but people dont like how i change either. lol.

Well I think everyone has to more or less concede that Mika has changed over the past year and will continue to change in the future. There's no law that says you have to like it!