The Oldlings Part17!!!!!!!!!

Wendi

There is a long time between now and next November. You can start

looking for ways to earn money after you have had a great relaxing

summer!! :thumb_yello:

Except that I go back to school in sepetember, where I'll be living off of a student loan for another year and not working making any money until next summer :(

Hi Crystal. Gosh, we have some interesting people on the MFC don't we?

Good luck finishing your work and tidying up. Enjoy your graduation and Hawaii.

St John's Wort? What do people take that for?

'....keep me in tobacco and other smokeables...' ermmmmm???

'....because I've been procrastinating about finding a summer job, and now I know why. This was dropped in my lap on Thursday morning, so it's very recent, and I'm really glad I wasn't committed elsewhere ....' I am a great believer in procrastination. People around me call it laziness :naughty:

People take St Johns Wort for depression mostly, although it can also be used to suppress alcohol intake(apparently stops the cravings for it), as well as it's a light anti-biotic.

I'm not going to elaborate on the 'ermmm' comment other than to say I have a prescription from my doctor for my chronic arthritis.

And I think that you are right about procrastination LOL Although I'm thinking it was fate, really!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not going to elaborate on the 'ermmm' comment other than to say I have a prescription from my doctor for my chronic arthritis.

And I think that you are right about procrastination LOL Although I'm thinking it was fate, really!

You get "ermmmm" scripts from your doctor? :shocked:

And for the second time this afternoon I've spit tea all over the place!!!! :roftl:

It was a fresh hot brew too!

I almost fainted - I was trying to imagine my GP's face if I walked

in and requested that!!!! :roftl:

And for the second time this afternoon I've spit tea all over the place!!!! :roftl:

It was a fresh hot brew too!

Oh good lord! I hope you didn't burn yourself!!!

I dare you! :roftl:

Aren't there trials?

Here in canada, it's prescribed for conditions like glaucoma, arthritis, AIDS, hepititus C, cancer, anything that could be considered a chronic illness that it can help. My friend who passed away in 2002 from AIDS had a prescription for years, because the medication he was on made him nauseous, and he couldn't sleep, and he was always in pain. Thats where I learned about the Compassion Clubs of Canada.

*Yayyyy - Jumps into thread and feels like partying as now has two days off*

*Remembers the weekends over :shocked: So scrubs that Idea... I don't do Mondays :boxed: *

Good afternoon Oldlings :)

Just had some sort of blast down my chimney!!

Don't know what it was - but it has covered the front

room with dust - and it frightened the dogs!!!

You've got Father Christmas stuck in your Chimney haven't you.... :wink2:

Hope he get's free in time for December 24th - You'll have alot of upset kids otherwise :roftl:

yep it's going to be busy for sure

I am going to take SOOOOOOOOOOOO many pictures when I'm in hawaii that my pack will be filled with batteries to run it!

I will be working on a St John's Wort farm, as well as just helping out around the house. These are friends of mine, a couple in their 50's now. Parents of one of my best friends. They have 310 acres and the hubby has been working alot and is not home alot. He runs a masonry and construction company, and has been getting alot of work outside the property. The wife is partially disabled, she has some paralysis on the left side of her body and has a tough time around the house. I've been going to visit these folks for 20 years, staying a week here, a weekend there, and every time I go there it's just an amazing feeling. I love it there. They told me that if I don't have enough money to buy a piece of their property before they die, they will put a chunk for me in their will because they know I love it there so much. it's like paradise. Well the wife wants me to come there this summer and help her out because her hubby hasn't been there, and as well she's been a bit depressed being all alone, and she loves my positive energy and I will help her get outside to work on her garden, help her cook, do some minor renovations around the house that need done, help to harvest the flowers of the St John's Wort when they are ready, put them in the bottles of oil and let them cook in the sunshine. I will help to look after the dogs and the chickens, help with laundry, learn about herbs and plants (she is a horticulturalist), and most of all learn how to live on that land productively. If I plan to live there myself, I suspect it's a wonderful idea to learn how the seasons work and when to plant, and what to grow.

It's my own little slice of heaven and I get to spend the summer there

They won't be paying me much, but they will house me, feed me, keep me in tobacco and other smokeables, and teach me. That, to me, is worth any cost. So I have a free place to stay for the summer

It's funny, because I've been procrastinating about finding a summer job, and now I know why. This was dropped in my lap on Thursday morning, so it's very recent, and I'm really glad I wasn't committed elsewhere so that I could do this :)

Had to quote this whole post as that sounds so amazing... Would love to stay somewhere peaceful like that.... and Hawaii - You are so lucky... Have a great time hunny :thumb_yello:

How's everyone this fine Sunday Afternoon

you think??!

free healthcare and ...other benefits!

on another note, I had a very interesting talk with a coworker last night,

he's here on a refugee program from Ethiopia, told me about being a military prisoner there for 10 years!

wow, just when you think your day sounds bad, you realize there are far worse things...

and, I blew up some balloons for a customer who came in right after floral dept. closed (I was only employee left who knew how to do it)

they were for customer's daughter's birthday,we were talking & I knew that

'Hana' means flower in Japanese, but now know it also means '#1' in Korean!

(she's their first child)

one day I counted over 12 different languages that I heard spoken at work.

I love this city, it's so interesting!

Some folks stories are truly humbling!! When we think life stinks,

there are usually others for whom our life would be wonderful!!

I think we only have three languages regularly spoken here - English,

Polish and Chinese!!

Polish and Chinese!!

and whatever-it-is-that-they-speak-in-Glasgow!!

I hear Arabic, Bosnian, Spanish, French, Italian, Romanian, several African dialects, Albanian, polish,Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin, I think), Japanese, Korean, some Indian dialects, & more. ( I don't want to be rude & ask customers 'what's that language you're speaking?) Plus, we were given explicit training videos NOT to ever do that! But because my name is not common, customers read my nametag & if they start the conversation, asking me where I'm from, I try to ask them. Sometimes the store is just too busy!

LOL!!! In Glasgow they speak Glaswegian!! I meant here - where

I live!! :roftl:

I know, I was just 'pulling your chain' !

what is the name (is there one) for the Scottish slang in other parts of the country?

Is slang the right word? My father was French-Canadian, he said what his parents spoke wasn't real 'Parisian'French, rather a 'patois', or as they called it "Hillbilly French".

Polish and Chinese!!

Evening all,

and gibberish