• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt really old while waiting in the queue, I think the average age was... 16 or so (it went better as soon as I had entered the venue, suddenly I noticed more people my age).

But well, while waiting outside there were two women who joined the group of young girls in front of me (later they told me they were their mums). One of them laughed and said 'I feel so old here!'. Then she told me they had seen The Kooks at the Pinkpop festival last year and when their daughters told them they were coming to Amsterdam their mums said 'We will definitely come with you!' :naughty: - and not in the first place to keep an eye on their daughters. :naughty:

What Blue said is one of the strange things about queuing - you have girls, girls, girls around you in the queue and then finally there are as man guys as girls around you IN the venue. In our queue we also had NUMEROUS girls (the average age was .. 13???) and then inside it was "better" (= older).

Some pictures which are too huge for the page, too blurry to look at and so on but I'll post them anyway, hehe.

The gigantic queue in front of the venue 1,5 hours before opening of the doors.

Bild1.jpg

The stage in the venue.

Bild3.jpg

Bild4.jpg

Bild2.jpg

Bild10.jpg

Bild11.jpg

Bild12.jpg

Aw, what a great venue! :punk: I mean, I knew it was in a church but I had not seen any pics yet. And you were standing very close to the stage, right?

In Amsterdam they played 20 songs. I think it was indeed 1.5 hour. Setlist:

See The World

Always Where

Eddie's Gun

Sway

Ooh La

Time Awaits

One Last Time

Mr. Maker

I Want You

Do You Wanna

Naïve

Shine On

See The Sun

Matchbox

She Moves

You Don't Love Me

----------

Sea Side

Jackie Big Tits

Stormy Weather

Sofa Song

Aw, what a great venue! :punk: I mean, I knew it was in a church but I had not seen any pics yet. And you were standing very close to the stage, right?

In Amsterdam they played 20 songs. I think it was indeed 1.5 hour. Setlist:

See The World

Always Where

Eddie's Gun

Sway

Ooh La

Time Awaits

One Last Time

Mr. Maker

I Want You

Do You Wanna

Naïve

Shine On

See The Sun

Matchbox

She Moves

You Don't Love Me

----------

Sea Side

Jackie Big Tits

Stormy Weather

Sofa Song

Ah! Thank you!! I remember seeing that setlist in a music magazine (which I didnt buy because I had already read it in the shop while waiting for the train :naughty:). I was about to google for it. Thanks Blue!

We were second row at first but the people around us queued like.. like some others we know :sneaky2:. Actively I mean. So we finally endet up second to third row. But we were close. I'm after all REALLY glad we werent more in the centre because that would have been our certain death :shocked:.

(And nighty nighty everyone!)

We were second row at first but the people around us queued like.. like some others we know :sneaky2:. Actively I mean. So we finally endet up second to third row. But we were close. I'm after all REALLY glad we werent more in the centre because that would have been our certain death :shocked:

Same here, I was really glad to have a tall statue-like guy on my left side... I hid myself behind him every time the crowd in the middle started to jump and 'wave'. :naughty:

I'm addicted to that live recording. :thumb_yello:

But well, like I said in the Palladium thread earlier today:

I don't like The Kooks as much as I like Palladium though. I mean, I love their music, but I really can't see myself waiting for them after the show for a chat and to tell them that I enjoyed it so much. And it took me ages to remember the names of the other 2 Kooks members (it was always 'Luke, Hugh and the other two'). But I'm addicted to the live recording of their gig in the Liverpool Barfly in March this year. :naughty:

According to the article about the Edinburgh show they must have been less lively there than in Amsterdam. I was really surprised that there clearly was a sort of interaction between the band (especially Luke) and the audience. And Luke was quite hyperactive that night. Must have been the Amsterdam eh... atmosphere I guess. :wink2:

http://neufutur.com/?p=2650

The Kooks Release Limited Edition Album “RAK” As A Companion To Sophomore Album “KONK

Featuring 9 new songs, and named in the tradition of KONK (after the studio in which it was recorded), RAK will be available in physical format only, so head to your local record store to pick up your copy.

To watch some brand new, behind-the-scenes footage of the recording of KONK (through Windows Media Player), check out

astralwerks.edgeboss.net/wmedia/astralwerks/the_kooks/video/kooks_epk_384k_stream.asx

In the UK, the first single “Always Where I Need To Be” debuted at #3 in the singles charts, and is an A List hit record across Radio One, Radio Two, XFM, MTV and VH1. The band is also set to make their mark on the European festival circuit this summer, supporting artists such as The Police, Beck and Coldplay on the main stage at festivals including T In The Park (UK), V Festival (UK), and Summer Sonic (Japan). Check out http://www.myspace.com/thekooks for tour dates.

In addition to their US tour dates, Kooks fans will have a chance to see the band play on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, in a special outdoor performance on Wednesday 21st May, on ABC at 9pm PST/12pm EST.

** UPDATED US TOUR DATES

May 18 San Diego, CA House of Blues all ages

May 19 Los Angeles, CA The Wiltern all ages SOLD OUT

May 24 Vancouver, BC Commodore Ballroom 19+ SOLD OUT

May 25 George, WA Sasquatch Festival all ages

May 26 Portland, OR Wonder Ballroom all ages SOLD OUT

May 29 Denver, CO Ogden Theatre 16+

May 30 - Kansas City, MO KRBZ’s ‘Buzz Under The Stars’ Series at The City Market - all ages

May 31 Minneapolis, MN Fine Line Music Café 18+

June 01 Milwaukee, WI Turner Hall Ballroom all ages

June 02 Chicago, IL Vic Theatre all ages SOLD OUT

June 04 Toronto, ON Kool Haus 19+

June 05 Philadelphia, PA The Fillmore @ TLA all ages SOLD OUT

June 09 Boston, MA Paradise Rock Club 18+ SOLD OUT

June 10 New York, NY Terminal 5 all ages

June 11 New York, NY Terminal 5 all ages SOLD OUT

In radio news, The Kooks have been selected as an Artist To Watch on Clear Channels NEW!, a program that is live on 392 station websites. Always Where I Need To Be, the first single off the album, has taken off at radio, with considerable adds on both Alternative radio, including WRXP (New York City), KITS (San Francisco), WFNX (Boston), KNDD (Seattle), KBZT (San Diego), KNRK (Portland), KWOD (Sacramento), KRBZ (Kansas City), KVGS (Las Vegas), WLUM (Milwaukee), and WWCD (Columbus); and AAA, including WFUV (New York City), KCLC (St Louis), KCMP (Minneapolis), WTMD (Baltimore), WYEP (Pittsburgh) and KTBG (Kansas City).

Konk

KONK Tracklisting

1. See The Sun

2. Always Where I Need To Be

3. Mr. Maker

4. Do You Wanna

5. Gap

6. Love It All

7. Stormy Weather

8. Sway

9. Shine On

10. One Last Time

11. Tick Of Time

All Over Town (hidden track)

RAK

RAK Limited Edition Album Tracklisting

1. Watching The Ships Roll In

2. Eaten By Your Lover

3. No Longer

4. Fa La La La

5. Nothing Ever Changes

6. By My Side

7. Hatful Of Love

8. See The Sun (Alternative Version)

9. Brooklyn (Home Demo)

The Kooks Press Shot

photo credit: Bao Nguyen / baonguyenphoto.com

For more info on The Kooks,

check out http://www.thekooks.co.uk or http://www.myspace.com/thekooks

To watch The Kooks new video for ‘Always Where I Need To Be’, check out:

Windows Hi: astralwerks.edgeboss.net/wmedia/astralwerks/the_kooks/video/alwayswhere_hi.asx Windows Low: astralwerks.edgeboss.net/wmedia/astralwerks/the_kooks/video/alwayswhere_low.asx

To watch the Kooks on Conan OBrien through Windows Media Player, check out:

Streaming URL high:

astralwerks.edgeboss.net/wmedia/astralwerks/the_kooks/kooksonconan-hi.asx

Streaming URL low:

astralwerks.edgeboss.net/wmedia/astralwerks/the_kooks/kooksonconan-lo.asx

To watch a video EPK, check out

boss.streamos.com/wmedia/astralwerks/the_kooks/kooks_epk_hi.asx

boss.streamos.com/real/astralwerks/the_kooks/kooks_epk_hi.ram

Yup, I pre-ordered that one with Amazon - Konk & RAK. It arrived a few days after the show in Amsterdam. It's pretty good - both albums. :thumb_yello:

Great I only have Konk !How is Fa la la la ?:roftl:

Nothing wrong with young bands in general - and I am even older than you, remember? :wink2::naughty:

I've just found this pic:

http://www.podiuminfo.nl/user_image_detail.php?image_id=1997

That girl must have stood next to me. :naughty:

Oooooh! A red Dan :wub2:

I think it was about 80-90 minutes or so.. hm, good question. I'm sure Haasje knows it better!

To be honest: I have no idea. It was at least as long as a "normal" Mika gig. Maybe even a bit longer. 80-90 minutes sounds alright.

Ah! Thank you!! I remember seeing that setlist in a music magazine (which I didnt buy because I had already read it in the shop while waiting for the train :naughty:). I was about to google for it. Thanks Blue!

We were second row at first but the people around us queued like.. like some others we know :sneaky2:. Actively I mean. So we finally endet up second to third row. But we were close. I'm after all REALLY glad we werent more in the centre because that would have been our certain death :shocked:.

(And nighty nighty everyone!)

That's right. I would never ever go for first row centre at a Kooks gig. Never!!!

On Thursday the Kooks are coming back to Cologne. They'll give an exclusive radio concert for 1Live. You can only win tickets online. Unfortunately I don't have the link and I can't tell you if you can still participate. Just wanted to let you know. Maybe they'll air it live or later.

On Thursday the Kooks are coming back to Cologne. They'll give an exclusive radio concert for 1Live. You can only win tickets online. Unfortunately I don't have the link and I can't tell you if you can still participate. Just wanted to let you know. Maybe they'll air it live or later.

I just found the link: http://www.einslive.de/termine/events/2008/vorberichte/06/kooks.jsp

They visited 1Live shortly before the release of Konk - there are photos on the 1Live website (I'm too lazy to upload them now but I guess the link also links you agan to the photos). Luke & Hugh were there and obviously sang a few songs :naughty: (obviously, haha).

I just found the link: http://www.einslive.de/termine/events/2008/vorberichte/06/kooks.jsp

They visited 1Live shortly before the release of Konk - there are photos on the 1Live website (I'm too lazy to upload them now but I guess the link also links you agan to the photos). Luke & Hugh were there and obviously sang a few songs :naughty: (obviously, haha).

Cool, thanks. I just applied again :wink2: . So they'll be in Wuppertal and not Cologne. My fault :roftl: .