The Kooks were in Amsterdam last week and I went to see them:

l_14fb7e767536d0be76915cf0dea64da0.jpg

Amsterdam, I never knew you so well :naughty:

This is how close to the stage I was standing, no security gap - hi Dan. :wink2:

l_96f31cc97608d8e6652704fa51dc0acc.jpg

I love both their albums (including RAK, the addition to Konk) but they are so much better live. Too bad I can't come to the UK to see them with Palladium as their support... :sad:

For those who can read/understand Dutch: there is an interview with Hugh in the May issue of OOR.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

l_14fb7e767536d0be76915cf0dea64da0.jpg

Amsterdam, I never knew you so well :naughty:

This is how close to the stage I was standing, no security gap - hi Dan. :wink2:

I love both their albums (including RAK, the addition to Konk) but they are so much better live. Too bad I can't come to the UK to see them with Palladium as their support... :sad:

For those who can read/understand Dutch: there is an interview with Hugh in the May issue of OOR.

wauw, you were standing close :) Do you have more pictures???

They were also in Brussels last week but I couldn' go because I already go to MIKA

Here you can see pictures of the concert in the Ancienne Belgique in Brussels:

http://www.showbizzsite.be/fotoboek/fotos.asp?aid=4871

Hey! Yesterday I watched a documentary about them playing @ the Abbey Studio (?) and I must say they're really good!

Actually I wasn't really into their music the first time I listened to them, but they know what "playing music" means! :thumb_yello:

I'm almost addicted with their "Sofa Song"!! :punk:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HUaytjapSuM

Wow, great!!! When is the concert?

The Kooks are very good! (but Mika is still my favourite)

"Konk" is really a good album! I bought it last week!

Mika mentions The Kooks in the DVD: "That's why so many acts like The Kooks, Lily Allen, Amy Winehouse,... just loads of acts like that who make interesting incredible music are doing well for theirselves, because people are sick of all the other ***"

Did you read the article I found?

Oh Yes Mika is best!:wub2:

I won the tickets cause i have to get sigs for palladium as support in the queue! All thanks to Mika!:blush-anim-cl:

It is next Tuesday 29th !!!

wauw, you were standing close :) Do you have more pictures???

A few, I didn't bring a decent camera this time, had to use my mobile phone:

l_ac0ffae7c1cfcd24194bedf86701127d.jpgl_73e83e38e64d9a300e074d8305ebffc4.jpg

But I had quite a nice spot indeed, in front of the (new) bassist. I started 3rd row and ended up 1st row after a while so that I could lean on the stage with my elbow. :naughty:

Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly. was their support. I knew his music from MySpace but I had never seen him live before. He was good. I will see him again at the London Calling weekend in Paradiso, Amsterdam this weekend.

Wikipedia says he's a fan of Palladium. :naughty:

But I had quite a nice spot indeed, in front of the (new) bassist. I started 3rd row and ended up 1st row after a while so that I could lean on the stage with my elbow. :naughty:

Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly. was their support. I knew his music from MySpace but I had never seen him live before. He was good. I will see him again at the London Calling weekend in Paradiso, Amsterdam this weekend.

Nice pictures!

So here I am sitting around listening to the Kooks on repeat, constantly refreshing my subscribed threads page, bored witless, when I decide to search for a Kooks thread :naughty:

Yay! Boredom averted!

Petra introduced me to the Kooks like ... 2 weeks ago or something? I totally love them now! :wub2:

The day after I was reading the local free music magazine thing, and they were in there! I kind spazzed out from excitement :blush-anim-cl:

She saw them play in Germany :-D - *calls Petra in here to post about it*

Hmm, favourite songs, that's hard they are all quite differentish, I don't knooow. From Inside in inside out - Ooh la and She moves in her own way, and from Konk I still haven't decided :P But I love Eaten by your lover :naughty:

I was reading an interview with Hugh from The Kooks in a gossip magazine and he also said something about Mika:

"Recently I went with my girlfriend to a trendy club in East-London where I normally never come. There we met Mika and I was surprised because he said that he loves our music. I like telling this because Mika is a great man and he's a fan of The Kooks!"

I don't know if it's true (it's a gossip magazine of course) but I was surprised to find an article about Mika and The Kooks!

Awww! That's awesome! :wub2: (if true :P)

i just got their new album!!

it's really good!!

they might be coming to australia..

and i might go to their concert!

*feels like a blind/deaf person for having never heard of them*

What's this? What's this?? Where did you here this?? :-D Might be coming to Australia?? Might be coming to Perth? :das:

This is how close to the stage I was standing, no security gap - hi Dan.

I love both their albums (including RAK, the addition to Konk) but they are so much better live. Too bad I can't come to the UK to see them with Palladium as their support...

:wub2: Fantastic!

I can! I can! Can you like ... upload/link? *doesn't have a clue what OOR is*

You have a great camera on your mobile !!:cool:

The new bassist is so cute !!!:wub2:

Petra introduced me to the Kooks like ... 2 weeks ago or something? I totally love them now! :wub2:

The day after I was reading the local free music magazine thing, and they were in there! I kind spazzed out from excitement :blush-anim-cl:

She saw them play in Germany :-D - *calls Petra in here to post about it*

*comes in* Anybody called me?

Hmm, favourite songs, that's hard they are all quite differentish, I don't knooow. From Inside in inside out - Ooh la and She moves in her own way, and from Konk I still haven't decided :P But I love Eaten by your lover

I absof*ckinglutely agree. I couldn't agree more. :naughty:

Awww! That's awesome! (if true :P)

Of course it's true. Who wouldnt love Mika? Who wouldnt love the Kooks? Although I'm not a friend of their jeans :blink: . They are like.. bodypainting? :naughty:

I went to see them two weeks ago with Haeschen02 and I made a few videos. They are on my MySpace as well but I might be able to upload them here :punk: .

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=32280463

Hello Petra! :thumb_yello: Now we only need Haasje here and then we're complete! :naughty:

Oakie Doakie > cool, a new fan Down Under! :punk:

OOR is a Dutch music magazine, they have a website too: http://www.oor.nl/ (I just noticed the review of Konk on the frontpage). Don't know if the interview is on the website too, you could search for 'Kooks'.

The camera on my phone is weird, but it's OK when you just want to 'prove' that you were there. :naughty:

BTW Remember the Palladium gig in Brighton I went to last January? Two days later (at the gig in Bristol) Rufio told me that the Kooks had been there too. He and one of the Kooks guys (forgot to ask who) were former classmates. Both bands are signed with the same label too (Virgin). But that night I was too focused on what was happening on stage (Palladium!) so I didn't have a clue who else were there watching my favourite band. :naughty:

It must have been quite easy to spot them though, the Barfly in Brighton is a very tiny and cosy venue. :naughty:

Wow this is great !

I hope it's true !

I'd love to see Mika doing a cover of one of their songs !

What about Eddie's Gun? :roftl:

I also found this cover they made !

http://www.zshare.net/audio/6746746646e452/

they are better than ace of base !

Thank you so much. That was hilarious :naughty:

Amsterdam, I never knew you so well

This is how close to the stage I was standing, no security gap - hi Dan.

Oh Dan :wub2: !!!

Hello Petra! :thumb_yello: Now we only need Haasje here and then we're complete!

Hi there :naughty:

Apparently I'm a fan as well. The concert I went to with Petra was great. 300 people in a tiny church in Cologne. Very nice setting and amazing atmosphere. I stood more or less right in front of Dan and realised how cute he is :wink2: . I'll see them again in June (again Cologne, again with Petra) in a venue that's called Palladium. Nice coincidence isn't it?

Hi Haasje! :thumb_yello:

Eddie's gun - nice lyrics. :naughty:

I know that there is also a forum on the official kookswebsite but I don't think I'm gonna sign me up there, I love MFC too much :thumb_yello: And Mika's still my favourite :wub2:

The forum is OK but it's not as lively there as it is here. :naughty:

Aw, videos! Will watch them later, I'm in a hurry now...

Dan is cute, isn't he? :wink2:

*comes in* Anybody called me?

Yep :cheerful_h4h:

Of course it's true. Who wouldnt love Mika? Who wouldnt love the Kooks? Although I'm not a friend of their jeans. They are like.. bodypainting?

True, true.

Would you prefer this?

6701b2ec-f4a3-4924-8c23-59c0c0089221.hmedium.jpg

Don't be so picky, woman!

I went to see them two weeks ago with Haeschen02 and I made a few videos. They are on my MySpace as well but I might be able to upload them here .

See the World: http://www.mediafire.com/?c9sdd1zlz3m

Barrel of my gun: http://www.mediafire.com/?btozddigznd

Ooh La: http://www.mediafire.com/?moeondvy09c

Luke bathing in the crowd (Pt. 1): http://www.mediafire.com/?jy0nyjfvwms

Luke bathing in the crowd (Pt. 2): http://www.mediafire.com/?osznq1gymb0

:wub2:

Oakie Doakie > cool, a new fan Down Under!

:cheerful_h4h:

OOR is a Dutch music magazine, they have a website too: http://www.oor.nl/ (I just noticed the review of Konk on the frontpage). Don't know if the interview is on the website too, you could search for 'Kooks'.

:tears: I can't get the video to play sound :P

The camera on my phone is weird, but it's OK when you just want to 'prove' that you were there.

:P And how close you were to the stage

Apparently I'm a fan as well. The concert I went to with Petra was great. 300 people in a tiny church in Cologne. Very nice setting and amazing atmosphere. I stood more or less right in front of Dan and realised how cute he is . I'll see them again in June (again Cologne, again with Petra) in a venue that's called Palladium. Nice coincidence isn't it?

Oh it sounds awesome :original:

Palladium :P

So I searched, because of what Emily said, and this is all I found:

http://nz.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080405054907AArAzGz :naughty:

True, true.

Would you prefer this?

6701b2ec-f4a3-4924-8c23-59c0c0089221.hmedium.jpg

Don't be so picky, woman!

:roftl: Oh well.

*is still wondering how people can MOVE in the tight jeans*

Is saw in London that the trousers Mika was wearing were (IMO) completely made out of some stretch material (not sure about the white ones but the black ones with the silver/black/green/golden stripes were definitely up to 100% stretch) but I cannot understand how Luke is after all able to get back on stage with these trousers in the glastonbury video.

:P And how close you were to the stage

*wants HQ photos*

Are we the only lonely ones or is there anyone else who is reminded of Billy Brown while listening to Mr Maker? :blink::naughty:

Are we the only lonely ones or is there anyone else who is reminded of Billy Brown while listening to Mr Maker? :blink::naughty:

Yes! Mr Maker reminded me from the first time I heard it to Billy Brown!!!

Oh well.

*is still wondering how people can MOVE in the tight jeans*

Is saw in London that the trousers Mika was wearing were (IMO) completely made out of some stretch material (not sure about the white ones but the black ones with the silver/black/green/golden stripes were definitely up to 100% stretch) but I cannot understand how Luke is after all able to get back on stage with these trousers in the glastonbury video.

:lmfao:

These are my tightest jeans (and their not very tight at all, really), and it's difficult to go up a lot of stairs with them on :roftl: I do wonder how they are able to even walk :lmfao:

There was a pair of pants I almost bought that were like that, like Mika's, made of stretchy material, but I didn't get them in the end because they were missing a button :naughty: But when ever I see him in his fabric pants I just think back to those and think "Sneaky sneaky :wink2:"

Yes! Mr Maker reminded me from the first time I heard it to Billy Brown!!!

:punk::thumb_yello:

These are my tightest jeans (and their not very tight at all, really), and it's difficult to go up a lot of stairs with them on :roftl: I do wonder how they are able to even walk :lmfao:

I got tighter ones but that might also just be because my legs are MUCH bigger (:tears:) :lmfao:.

Are we the KFC now?

And why don't I have that "Account" button anymore? :blink:

I got tighter ones but that might also just be because my legs are MUCH bigger (:tears:) :lmfao:.

*slaps* :naughty: As tight as the kooks'?

Are we the KFC now?

I read this SO many times before I understood. Kooks Fan Club. Not Kentucky Fried Chicken :naughty:

Yeah sure :wink2::roftl:

And why don't I have that "Account" button anymore?

Because it's now the User CP. :naughty: This is about the 8th time I've answered this. Use your own frantic clicking skills, people!

I went "OMFG! WHERE IS ACCOUNT? WHERE IS IT? PLEASE TELL ME THEY JUST RENAMED IT, I CANNOT SURVI- Hmm, User CP, that might be it - *click* - rejoice!"

Are we the only lonely ones or is there anyone else who is reminded of Billy Brown while listening to Mr Maker?

Ok, I have to listen to Mr. Maker again :blush-anim-cl:. Its my Myspace song, isn't it? :blush-anim-cl:

Are we the KFC now?

And why don't I have that "Account" button anymore? :blink:

I know the "problem" with the tight jeans. Mine are all tight due to the size of my legs :naughty: .

KFC sounds nice. At least they did something new so we have something to talk abaout :wink2: