Billy Brown Part 2

Okay, I don't know about anyone else, but a uggestion to Mika: make a Billy Brown Part 2. I mean, the song sort of ends early, I mean does billy go back home? does he deside to have a sex change? does he marry another man? does he change his name? does he dye his hair? does he grow a beard? does he marry a monkey? does he have chicken with a chicken! I'm really curious. But hey, most likely there will not be a part 2. So: What do ou think happens after he does it with that chick? I mean, does he decide to marry her? Is he really a confused bi?

My theory:

After him and the 'girlie' have chicken, he realizes that he misses his guy lover so he escapes from Mexico back to where he came from. (where did he come from anyways? the UK im guessing?) But obviously the girl isn't too happy with him, so she follows him in a rage, attempting to end the life of Billy. But he turns it around and ends up killing her. so ya, anyways,he swimed across the ocean and ends up back where he came from. Then his lover was no where to be found, o Billy used his stalkerish ways to find where his lover had gotten to. WHEN BILLY FINALLY ARRIVES AT THE LOCATION OF THE LOVER HE FINDS HIS WIFE AND HIS MAN LOVER IN BED TOGETHER....

:naughty: wow that's weird...cuz i just posted something in the 'you know you're a mika fan when..' about the same thing kinda...i said that (b/c someone mentioned they found a billy brown) that we'd kidnap the real person and bring him to mika, and maybe he'll write a song about it! and then i found this thread:roftl: wow...us MFCer's think all too much alike :naughty:

Okay, I don't know about anyone else, but a uggestion to Mika: make a Billy Brown Part 2. I mean, the song sort of ends early, I mean does billy go back home? does he deside to have a sex change? does he marry another man? does he change his name? does he dye his hair? does he grow a beard? does he marry a monkey? does he have chicken with a chicken! I'm really curious. But hey, most likely there will not be a part 2. So: What do ou think happens after he does it with that chick? I mean, does he decide to marry her? Is he really a confused bi?

My theory:

After him and the 'girlie' have chicken, he realizes that he misses his guy lover so he escapes from Mexico back to where he came from. (where did he come from anyways? the UK im guessing?) But obviously the girl isn't too happy with him, so she follows him in a rage, attempting to end the life of Billy. But he turns it around and ends up killing her. so ya, anyways,he swimed across the ocean and ends up back where he came from. Then his lover was no where to be found, o Billy used his stalkerish ways to find where his lover had gotten to. WHEN BILLY FINALLY ARRIVES AT THE LOCATION OF THE LOVER HE FINDS HIS WIFE AND HIS MAN LOVER IN BED TOGETHER....

Oh God, Bre, you watch way too many soaps!:roftl:

This post do scare me >< But it sounds interesting

This post has reminded me a little interview that Mika took when he visited HK. In the interview, Mika has told about the recent life of Mr Brown. ( I am not sure whether the interview has been post before)

Here is the interview:

http://www.faitunes.com/blog/?p=155

Please scroll down to the part "Mika"

and click the "play" botton

The first one is Mika's response on the question "Advices for people who suffered in sexuality discrimination"

And the second one is about Billy Brown's recent life. His reply is quite cute~~

This post has reminded me a little interview that Mika took when he visited HK. In the interview, Mika has told about the recent life of Mr Brown. ( I am not sure whether the interview has been post before)

Here is the interview:

The first one is Mika's response on the question "Advices for people who suffered in sexuality discrimination"

And the second one is about Billy Brown's recent life. His reply is quite cute~~

Thanks for the link :biggrin2: Haven't heard this before.

Here is the interview:

Yes, it had already been posted here http://mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11394&highlight=sexuality+billy+brown

His words in the part about sexuality give me a lot of strength! Thank you Mika! :wub2:

As for Billy Brown ..... :roftl:

You ever notice how something you already know gets much more strongly reinforced in your mind when you hear it coming from someone else? :punk:
Yes, it's true! :thumb_yello: coz that removes your doubts!

You ever notice how something you already know gets much more strongly reinforced in your mind when you hear it coming from someone else? :punk:

exactly!!!!!

I totally get it too!

• 15 years later...

Ok not sure if reviving a thread from 2008 is like today's mood but I couldn't find any other Billy Brown thread 😅

And I had to get some things off my chest because I just found this video which I had never seen before where he performs Billy Brown (starting from around 39min) and tells the story of the song in between.

Now I have seen many videos where he tells different versions of this story, most recently the one in Bristol where he again talks about how the song was about his sister's boyfriend at the time and also a message to himself. But I never understood how those two things were related or could make sense at the same time. And here he explains that looking at this other boy who had the same "problem" as him and who thought the solution to it was to hide, he knew that wasn't the solution (for the other boy or himself) which is why the song is a gentle gesture towards "Billy" and also towards himself.

And yeah that just nearly made me cry. Because this is exactly what I love and find so special and unique about the song and other Mika songs with queer themes.

It doesn't judge Billy Brown. It doesn't make fun of him and it doesn't paint him as the bad guy (even though he does cheat on two partners). But it also doesn't paint him as the hero or celebrates him.

If anything, it pities him, it calls him "a victim of the times" and recognizes that maybe he makes these questionable decisions because of his circumstances.

It encourages Billy to just keep going and meddle through. Gentle, sweet and so empowering ❤️

• Like 1