Useless and random facts

iadoremika

It's impossible to lick your elbow. (On average, 73% of the people who read that statement will try to lick their elbow.)

that was from a few pages ago, but that is not true! I personally know two people who are able to do this! of course..they may have been dislocating their shoulder...

Yeah, I know about 3 people who can as well...it looks soooo weird!

am i the only one who tried again after reading this? :mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a thread where you post useless and random facts. Enjoy:thumb_yello:

I'll start with some:

There are an average of 333 squares of toilet paper on a roll

You can't tickle yourself

The little lump of flesh just forward of your ear canal, right next to your temple is called a tragus

OK...WHO WANTS SOME RANDOM MIKA FACTS...

-he is obsessive compulsive about the way he makes his tea

-it has to be strong but not over caffinated

-you make sure its not over caffinated by making sure the water's not too hot

-his sibling's names are, Fortune, Zulieka, Paloma, Yasmine

-his name means 'plastic bag' in morrocan

-his eyes are dark HAZEL (not brown, for all the people who voted brown....)

yeah, there's a lot more but its hard to channel all the meaningful mika crap...

see ya soon :D

Actress Jamie Lee Curtis invented a special diaper for babies that has a pocket.

But why?

What was the baby going to use the pocket for?:roftl:

96% of people put the peanut butter on first when making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

I was going to say it’s impossible to do any other way because the jelly is usually thinner but I was just proved wrong by englishrose!:thumb_yello:

yeah, there's a lot more but its hard to channel all the meaningful mika crap...

No, no, no!

I have to defend Mika on this, please read the tea thread or questions for Mika thread part 1!!!!

This is just the way we tea lovers make our tea!:thumb_yello::naughty:

Haha...yes:naughty:

• 3 weeks later...

Myths useless facts:

* One legend claims stealing someone's shadow (by measuring it against a wall and driving a nail through its head) can turn the victim into a vampire.

* Avoid people who talk to themselves. According to Ukrainian legend, that could indicate a dual soul and the second one doesn't die! Also watch out for the seventh son of a seventh son, a person born with a red caul (amniotic membrane covering the head), or a child born with teeth. A vampire can result if a cat or dog walks over a fresh grave, a bat flies over the corpse, or the person has died suddenly as a result of suicide or murder. Unfinished business can also cause a body to rise, as can inadequate burial rites, including a grave that is too shallow.

* Most vampires are described in folklore as flushed and ruddy, with swollen bodies and bloated faces. Often, they can be identified because they're sitting up in the grave.

Myths useless facts:

* One legend claims stealing someone's shadow (by measuring it against a wall and driving a nail through its head) can turn the victim into a vampire.

* Avoid people who talk to themselves. According to Ukrainian legend, that could indicate a dual soul and the second one doesn't die! Also watch out for the seventh son of a seventh son, a person born with a red caul (amniotic membrane covering the head), or a child born with teeth. A vampire can result if a cat or dog walks over a fresh grave, a bat flies over the corpse, or the person has died suddenly as a result of suicide or murder. Unfinished business can also cause a body to rise, as can inadequate burial rites, including a grave that is too shallow.

* Most vampires are described in folklore as flushed and ruddy, with swollen bodies and bloated faces. Often, they can be identified because they're sitting up in the grave.

:roftl:i'd be afraid of anyone sitting up in a grave, even if they weren't a vampire!!

here are some random facts:

Biomass currently supplies about four percent of the energy produced in the U.S., and could potentially provide almost 20 percent.

The U.S. Department of Energy expects wind power to supply at least five percent of the nation's electricity by 2020.

Blue whales reach between 70-110 feet in length and weigh up to 150 tons.

The oldest animal on Earth was born in 1830 Her name is Harriet, she's a Galapagos land tortoise

haha:roftl: nice:thumb_yello:

Biomass currently supplies about four percent of the energy produced in the U.S., and could potentially provide almost 20 percent.

The U.S. Department of Energy expects wind power to supply at least five percent of the nation's electricity by 2020.

The oldest animal on Earth was born in 1830 Her name is Harriet, she's a Galapagos land tortoise

i must admit, i'm very confused on this one...?is she still alive, does it mean the oldest living, but how do we know i mean maybe dinasours lived 500 years each, i think you're getting some faulty information:naughty:

i must admit, i'm very confused on this one...?is she still alive, does it mean the oldest living, but how do we know i mean maybe dinasours lived 500 years each, i think you're getting some faulty information:naughty:

It is true! She's famous! You can read an article about her here: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=16265479&method=full&siteid=94762&headline=exclusive--the-oldest-creature-on-earth-name_page.html

Myths useless facts:

The vampire one makes sense though!!!!

Supposedly vampires are supposed to look super pale and stuff, but if you think about it, since they drink blood, shouldn't they look more colorful and red and full of color?!! Like blushy!!

:naughty:

:roftl::roftl:thank you ever so much for this lenghty useless article! lol, it was kind of interesting, i've never heard of harriet the lesbian turtle:naughty:

Myths useless facts:

lol, you have some weird interests :roftl:

lol, so do u, vampires and energy, what a nice thread :naughty:

i must admit, i'm very confused on this one...?is she still alive, does it mean the oldest living, but how do we know i mean maybe dinasours lived 500 years each, i think you're getting some faulty information

i think she's the oldeat living animal now, not like the oldest ever, but there's no older animal living now, at leat that's how i understand it :wink2:

The vampire one makes sense though!!!!

Supposedly vampires are supposed to look super pale and stuff, but if you think about it, since they drink blood, shouldn't they look more colorful and red and full of color?!! Like blushy!!

we may start some useless discussion!

maybe the blood doesn't affect their skin because they drink it. like u know, we're not turning orange after having some OJ (luckily :naughty:) so maybe they would be blushy if they were making themselves shots with blood but they won't be blushy after drinking some blood?

thank you ever so much for this lenghty useless article! lol, it was kind of interesting, i've never heard of harriet the lesbian turtle:naughty:

:lmfao:

this thread is killing me today

wait but does that mean the vampires are excreting blood?:boxed: and what about this whole garlic thing...?why are they so afraid of garlic, and if they never go out during the day they'd be really pale...? hmmm i kind of like this useless discussion!:naughty: in case i need to write a paper on vampires, i know where to go!:naughty:

wait but does that mean the vampires are excreting blood?:boxed: and what about this whole garlic thing...?why are they so afraid of garlic, and if they never go out during the day they'd be really pale...? hmmm i kind of like this useless discussion!:naughty: in case i need to write a paper on vampires, i know where to go!:naughty:

that's a very interesting input to our useless discussion i must say.

about the process of excreting i have to say that indeed i think they do. it is not impossible after all. to provide a proof i will now share an amazingly gross fact. I once encountered a soup made of blood. i'm not kidding now. never tried it but i saw people eating it. i mean how gross is that?!

i do not know what to make of the garlic thing.. i need some time to think and will come back to this issue.

now let me share a doubt with you. are vampires religious? why do they sleep in coffins?

and also one more thing. we must never use the conclusions we draw here, the discussion would no longer be uselles! :roftl:

Hahahaha, I just found them!! lol, I'm not a vampire freak!! :lmao:

a vampire freak! u must join our useless discussion then! :naughty:

some more useless facts!

The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.

A bee must tap 4 million flowers to make 2lbs. of honey. There are 3 million honey producing colonies in the United States.

Elephants can't jump. Every other mammal can.

The longest recorded flight of a chicken is thirteen seconds. :naughty::naughty::chkn:

Nutmeg is extremely poisonous if injected intravenously.

The worlds most smallest octopus, the Blue Ring, is also the worlds most poisonous. :boxed::shocked:

Sharks apparently are the only animals that never get sick. As far as is known, they are immune to every known disease including cancer.(most interesting to me):biggrin2:

A bee must tap 4 million flowers to make 2lbs. of honey. There are 3 million honey producing colonies in the United States.

Sharks apparently are the only animals that never get sick. As far as is known, they are immune to every known disease including cancer.(most interesting to me):biggrin2:

Bee Movies comes to my mind with the firts one.

And sharks are awesome! I've always been kinda fascinated with them... too bad I can't pet them :naughty:

Haha, this poor dude!!

tiburon.jpg

And sharks are awesome! I've always been kinda fascinated with them... too bad I can't pet them :naughty:

Haha, this poor dude!!

tiburon.jpg

OMG:shocked::shocked: im deathly terrified of sharks!! thats so scary!!!

The word "queue" is the only word in the English language that is still pronounced the same way when the last four letters are removed

On average, 100 people choke to death on ballpoint pens every year.

On average people fear spiders more than they do death

The "pound" key on your keyboard (#) is called an octotroph

Nutmeg is extremely poisonous if injected intravenously.

The most common name in the world is Mohammed.

Michael Jordan makes more money from NIKE annually than all of the Nike factory workers in Malaysia combined.

- The Atari 2600 video game 'E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial' is commonly cited as the worst video game ever made.

- The eff-word is used 226 times in the movie Scarface.

- There are two different English translations of the Hungarian song 'Szomorú Vasárnap', better known as 'Gloomy Sunday'. The better-known one is the Sam M. Lewis version, which was the one that Billie Holliday recorded in 1941. Her version also had a third verse added to it in order to make it seem that the suicidal misery described in the previous two verses was just a bad dream.

- There are over 7500 different types of apples.

- The element roentgenium was named after the German physicist Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen. Previously, it was known as 'unununium'.

- In Turkmenistan, all licensed drivers were required to pass a morality test under the rule of Saparmurat Niyazov.

- Tay Zonday's real name is Adam Nyerere Bahner.

- The Atari 2600 video game 'E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial' is commonly cited as the worst video game ever made.

- The eff-word is used 226 times in the movie Scarface.

- There are two different English translations of the Hungarian song 'Szomorú Vasárnap', better known as 'Gloomy Sunday'. The better-known one is the Sam M. Lewis version, which was the one that Billie Holliday recorded in 1941. Her version also had a third verse added to it in order to make it seem that the suicidal misery described in the previous two verses was just a bad dream.

- There are over 7500 different types of apples.

- The element roentgenium was named after the German physicist Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen. Previously, it was known as 'unununium'.

- In Turkmenistan, all licensed drivers were required to pass a morality test under the rule of Saparmurat Niyazov.

- Tay Zonday's real name is Adam Nyerere Bahner.

Really!:blink:

You should tell the people in the apple thread about it!:naughty:

Haha, this poor dude!!

tiburon.jpg

:shocked::shocked:omg if that was me in the pic, i think i would die of shock! i hate the ocean, lol even thou i've lived in florida my whole life:naughty:, just because of things that live in them:boxed: i scream even when a fish touches me!