Hands Up If You've Been a Lollipop Girl!

mandilambi

for the most part it was submitting the e-mails, but sometimes if they're short they have been known to pull people from the line- so always be attentive!

Submitting emails through MySpace?

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, we received very minimal instructions on what to do, which made all of us really nervous before going on. We had watched a few videos and had planned a little choreographed bit, but once we got out there we just did whatever we thought was right.

I remember at one point I was near the front of the stage, bouncing balloons out to the crowd and as I looked at Mika he was nodding his head in agreement as if to say "Yes, more!" He also encouaraged us to jump and that can be seen in one of my vids. :)

Oh, and on the phone nadja told me to watch videos....*back-breaking request, i hated every minute of it* haha

Pff. Where does she get off asking you perform such a boring, arduous task? :sneaky2:

:mf_rosetinted:

Submitting emails through MySpace?

Yeah for some cities, they put out a MySpace bulletin with some contact info if you were interested. In Vancouver, though, there was only one Big Girl and one Lollipop Girl (me). So Mika's mum sent John and another girl out to pull extras from the queue last minute. :thumb_yello:

I remember at one point I was near the front of the stage, bouncing balloons out to the crowd and as I looked at Mika he was nodding his head in agreement as if to say "Yes, more!" He also encouaraged us to jump and that can be seen in one of my vids. :)

I remembered reading about that in your review, so I made a point of bouncing balloons back to the crowd. Mika kicked one at the crowd, so I did the same - only mine poppped. :tears::lmfao:

*raises hands*

THREE times babeh !!! :punk:

Ok I've only read two pages so far but already feel the need to power-multi-quote :naughty:

all you who have are very lucky, it must have been amazing. :thumb_yello:

I consider myself to be one of the luckiest person on earth and I am SOOO thankful !!!

Yea

(*cough* except for out dressing room.....but i don't think he knew about that until he came in later.)

No I don't think he did either... his face had quite the "wtf" epxression on it when he walked in the room after the show lllol

What was wrong with your dressing room? I have to admit that changing in front of everyone (including Mika's mom and Yasmine) made me pretty self-conscious! I'm definitely not used to undressing with a bunch of strangers in the room. LOL

Try having Mika walk in on you while you're half-dressed !

oh i didn't have to change in front of them, but our dressing room was s reproduction of mount everest made of junk lol. After the show mika started talking to us and then he cuts off mid sentence and goes "What is this room?!"

I think what he actually said was : "what the f*** is this room ?!" lllol

There was only one floor for us- the back stage area was quite cozy to say the least.

but here is a pic of our diva-licious dressing room

lllollll did we take the same pic of the room or is this mine ?

Haha, I don't know, there's a huge following around New York, chances to win at a place like that would be slim, but I'd definitely apply

Well you never know !!! There's a meeeeeeega HUUUUUUUUGE following in Montréal (more than 11 000 people at his last gig here) and I was chosen !

What helps though is that the vast majority of people in my province have facebook and not myspace, so they couldn't find out about the contest...

I think it was probably the smallest dressing room on the entire North American tour. (Just a guess.)

mmm actually the dressing rooms in NYC and Montréal were VERY small as well but they were clean and free from junk !

I think we hit the jackpot in terms of dressing rooms in Vancouver. We actually had two, across the hall from each other. We were in the first one, first, then we moved to the second one which had a bit more floor space so the big girls could practice their dance moves.

First one

Second one

It's been almost three months, and I still get tingly when I hear Lollipop. :blush-anim-cl:

The worst part is, his Mum asked for our contact info, and said she'd call us again next time they're in Vancouver. Only, I got distracted by a certain son of hers and forgot to give my info to her. :tears:

Wow it was HUGE !!!!

And I still get tinlgy too when I hear Lollipop...

And as far as your info is concerned, if Nadja had it you're probably ok... She told me she was keeping my info and that she would call me back next time they are in Montréal...

I remembered reading about that in your review, so I made a point of bouncing balloons back to the crowd. Mika kicked one at the crowd, so I did the same - only mine poppped. :tears::lmfao:

I thought they were super balloons! I wish i had grabbed a balloon, but bye he time i got out the whole place had long since been cleaned up *sigh* not even any confetti.

Did you guys really notice the audience while you we're up there? i remember looking at them maybe once of twice, but other than that,it was mika, the band, the dance and the music! My friend took a video that i haven't put up (because its just of me, no mika) But i was totally singing along and idn't even realize it! Iw as clapping and jumping too though! i remember noticing i was singing,then i'd be like "crap, no must smile!" so i'd smile, then a few seconds later i'd start singing again lol.

No I don't think he did either... his face had quite the "wtf" epxression on it when he walked in the room after the show lllol

hahaha, goooood times.

Try having Mika walk in on you while you're half-dressed !

Ahhaha where was that!?!? lol

I think what he actually said was : "what the f*** is this room ?!" lllol

oooh yes, lol Mika...

lllollll did we take the same pic of the room or is this mine ?

I think we must have taken the same pic!

And as far as your info is concerned, if Nadja had it you're probably ok... She told me she was keeping my info and that she would call me back next time they are in Montréal...

Yes, i remember when we were talking to her before mika came in we were talking about future tours and she said something along the lines of "Oh yes, we plan on keeping the same lollipop girls for the same area." and i said something like "really? oh cool, i'll definitely do it again." i think you were there weren't you? do you remember that?

Okay, i'm just going to reply in there and change the color lol mine is dark purple.

I Did you guys really notice the audience while you we're up there? i remember looking at them maybe once of twice, but other than that,it was mika, the band, the dance and the music! My friend took a video that i haven't put up (because its just of me, no mika) But i was totally singing along and idn't even realize it! Iw as clapping and jumping too though! i remember noticing i was singing,then i'd be like "crap, no must smile!" so i'd smile, then a few seconds later i'd start singing again lol.

I went to the very front of the stage and was encouraging the audience to clap along. That's one of the things I remember most - the people in the front few rows staring up at me and singing along in total bliss. Mika must get such a rush seeing that each and every night. :biggrin2:

I also clearly remember dancing right beside Mika (:wub2:), and Martin going by bouncing around on one of the balloons. :roftl:

Of course, there was a stage invasion too, and some of the people who got on stage were like "aaaah, can I take your picture?!" My three minutes and twenty nine seconds of fame. :blush-anim-cl:

A lot of it is a blur for me. And backstage, talking with John and Mika's mum are far clearer memories than when Mika came down. Sigh.

I wonder if Nadja will call back the same people for the next tour. I'd do that all over again in a heartbeat.

And LadyGodiva - we'd love to see your vid! Forget this Mika kid, it's all about the Lollipop Girls. :punk:

Yeah for some cities, they put out a MySpace bulletin with some contact info if you were interested. In Vancouver, though, there was only one Big Girl and one Lollipop Girl (me). So Mika's mum sent John and another girl out to pull extras from the queue last minute. :thumb_yello:

Oh...I see...that's cool.

I see there are talks of Mika keeping the same Lollipop Girls. I mean, that's cool and all, except for the fact that some people *cough ME cough* look like they are going to miss out on the chance to be a Lollipop Girl. But after reading people's reviews and stuff...I can sure as hell jump high...with a smile...he he. But you guys must have been so good for them to keep the Lollipop Girls the same...good job:thumb_yello:

I went to the very front of the stage and was encouraging the audience to clap along. That's one of the things I remember most - the people in the front few rows staring up at me and singing along in total bliss. Mika must get such a rush seeing that each and every night. :biggrin2:

I also clearly remember dancing right beside Mika (:wub2:), and Martin going by bouncing around on one of the balloons. :roftl:

Of course, there was a stage invasion too, and some of the people who got on stage were like "aaaah, can I take your picture?!" My three minutes and twenty nine seconds of fame. :blush-anim-cl:

A lot of it is a blur for me. And backstage, talking with John and Mika's mum are far clearer memories than when Mika came down. Sigh.

I wonder if Nadja will call back the same people for the next tour. I'd do that all over again in a heartbeat.

And LadyGodiva - we'd love to see your vid! Forget this Mika kid, it's all about the Lollipop Girls. :punk:

Ahh i love hearing other peoples perspectives. i just remember being sooooooo happy on stage. it's like, and too your right is mika, and to your left is mikey and a big girl dancer, and straight ahead are over a thousand people, many taking your picture and video! hahaha, i really hope Nedja calls next time! I would so do it again!!! I had a a super dorky dream about all of this last night lol it was like a reproduction of toronto, only it was in a different place, so amazing.

I didn't get to talk to mikas mum and not really the band all that much, but i did talk to Yasmine, she is really really nice, her and mika are soo alike its insane! lol

Do you think mika remembers who gives him certain presents?

Oh...I see...that's cool.

I see there are talks of Mika keeping the same Lollipop Girls. I mean, that's cool and all, except for the fact that some people *cough ME cough* look like they are going to miss out on the chance to be a Lollipop Girl. But after reading people's reviews and stuff...I can sure as hell jump high...with a smile...he he. But you guys must have been so good for them to keep the Lollipop Girls the same...good job:thumb_yello:

don't worry, the only people who they have numbers for are the ones who sent in the e-mail. They pulled a bunch out of line, remember? And as mika gets bigger he may need more- ya never know!

hmmm...I wonder that as well...

lol it has occurred to me often. People make all these comments about him wearing the bracelets i made him- but does he even know who gave them to him?

I know andy knows my name and its on the video and Nadja knows it, but i don't think i told him?! unless he talked to andy or watched the video or talked to Nadja. I mean, i gave then to him and we talked about it for a min, but does he remember these things? He must meet a lot of people yeah?

Maybe he was just rooting through his fan gifts and found something nice.

Ahhhh, not that that would be a bad thing. but i'm just being paranoid lol, i'll stop now.

lol it has occurred to me often. People make all these comments about him wearing the bracelets i made him- but does he even know who gave them to him?

I know andy knows my name and its on the video and Nadja knows it, but i don't think i told him?! unless he talked to andy or watched the video or talked to Nadja. I mean, i gave then to him and we talked about it for a min, but does he remember these things? He must meet a lot of people yeah?

Ahhhh, not that that would be a bad thing. but i'm just being paranoid lol, i'll stop now.

Ha ha...I've also heard people saying that they've seen (or even met him, I think) wearing the tshirts they made him.

That is too bad that you weren't able to exchange info with Mika's mother. I wish I had been thinking clearly enough to bother telling Mika my name.

Didn't he ask you what your name was ??

I still get random moments where it hits me- "omg" moments.

Me too....

If you all watch this video you can see the stairway that we had to walk up...lol

http://youtube.com/watch?v=s0Sx9O41C00

Woo that's pretty high ! Good for the buns and thighs *thinks about uber funny spongebob moment*

Is it psychotic that I still have Nadja in my cellphone? I pretty much keep it for sentimental value....reminds me of the big day...LOL :)

I still have it too... it's not psychotic :mf_rosetinted:

only if its psychotic that i kept the message she left on it....

I wanted to keep the message but it got erased automatically after a while :(

Well I didn't use a wig so it looked a bit weird haha. Click the links if you want to see haha

Eyew

The back

Wow great job !!! Looks fantastic !!!

Hey fellow lollies,

What sort of tips did you get before going on stage?

In Vancouver, we didn't even see Mika before the show, since they were dealing with a delayed sound check because Cherisse got stuck in the States.

Yasmine told us to just jump around, really, and that Mika likes it when the whites of the crinoline showed as result of the jumping.

As Mika was changing into his wolf costume before Lollipop, he came to where we were standing and told us to make sure to "jump really high." :roftl:

That's all we got, really. The LGs they pulled out of the queue last minute were so out of the loop, they had no idea what a Lollipop Girl was or even what song they'd be on stage for - but we managed! :biggrin2:

How about you?

In Montréal we were lucky enough to have like 10 minutes with Mika before the show so he could show us what to do, give us tips, etc etc. As some of you may have read in my report, Mika asked us to come up with a 30 second routine that we would have to do on the stick-about part of the stage. Then since he liked it, he asked me to show it to the Lollipop Girl in Toronto the next day, which I did. Nadja told me in Toronto that Mika counted on me to show Laura what to do, give her tips, etc etc. I hope I did a good job !!!

In NYC, Mika didn't know that I was there until he saw me backstage. He was very happy to see me and asked me with a big smile if I would do my dance again and show it to the other girls... I said yes and he replied "brilliant !" lol... then later backstage he asked me if I had shown the routine to the girls already, I asked him how he wanted us to be on the stage for the routine (all on the stick-about or spread on the stage) to which he replied that he didn't mind, that he trusted me with this.

basically jump a lot and over exaggerate every movement. But then at our gig we did the little choreographed thingie on the sickabout. Oh, and on the phone nadja told me to watch videos....*back-breaking request, i hated every minute of it* haha

Oh and that "over-exaggerating every moment" tip, I got it from one of the Big Girls in Montréal who was a professional dancer... it was particularly important in Montréal since the venue was so huge and some people were really far from the stage...

I didn't pop any balloons but in NYC I smashed one really hard and nearly made the microphone stand fall in the crowd !!! WOOPS !!! Mika caught just in time...

Absolutely. He may not know your name, but he'll remember that you're the Lollipop Girl from Toronto who gave him the bracelets. (The bracelets that he's been knocking off for the past three months...:fisch:

His ability to remember people is almost freaky. How he can place a face to a city is amazing.

don't worry, the only people who they have numbers for are the ones who sent in the e-mail. They pulled a bunch out of line, remember? And as mika gets bigger he may need more- ya never know!

Not to mention, Mika only did three dates in Canada. If he does more, they'd need a lot more people. :thumb_yello:

But i was totally singing along and idn't even realize it! Iw as clapping and jumping too though! i remember noticing i was singing,then i'd be like "crap, no must smile!" so i'd smile, then a few seconds later i'd start singing again lol.

I was totally singing along at all three gigs... it never occured to me that it would be better not to... :boxed:

Absolutely. He may not know your name, but he'll remember that you're the Lollipop Girl from Toronto who gave him the bracelets. (The bracelets that he's been knocking off for the past three months...:fisch:

His ability to remember people is almost freaky. How he can place a face to a city is amazing.

Is it really stupid that that just made my night? I can sleep well now- thanks! i was actually worried!:blush-anim-cl::blush-anim-cl:

i'll off to bed now. TTFN =]

I was totally singing along at all three gigs... it never occured to me that it would be better not to... :boxed:

haha, well they never said not too! I don't see why not....its really just in CG that we have to smile all the time or else they'll put vasaline on your teeth.....been taught to be paranoid about that now lmao.

Awww...thanks.

Not to mention, Mika only did three dates in Canada. If he does more, they'd need a lot more people. :thumb_yello:

That's very true.

I was also wondering, if they needed to pull people out of line to be Lollipop Girls, did they underestimate the size of the venue or did they just not get enough email entries..?

Awww...thanks.

That's very true.

I was also wondering, if they needed to pull people out of line to be Lollipop Girls, did they underestimate the size of the venue or did they just not get enough email entries..?

i'm sure they get enough entries, but sometimes a person wont be able to make it, or size of the venue may make a difference as well as how many big girls there are i think.

Just keep a lookout next time he comes to Canada! you'll be a step ahead knowing all of this!

hmmm...I wonder that as well...

He remembered me from when we had met in June. He looked at the picture of us that I asked him to sign and he said "I remember you! I still have that gift that you gave me." I then gave him the new gift that I made for him. :)

I wish I could stay and chat more with you ladies, but I just got in an argument with my sister and am feeling quite depressed at the moment...so I guess I will check here some other time... :(

i'm sure they get enough entries, but sometimes a person wont be able to make it, or size of the venue may make a difference as well as how many big girls there are i think.

Just keep a lookout next time he comes to Canada! you'll be a step ahead knowing all of this!

Won't be able to make it...that's true. But if I got chosen to be a Lollipop Girl, I think I would actually lie about being sick or having a doctor's appointment or something...

Thanks:thumb_yello: I will sure be a step ahead the next time he comes to Canada, you are right:naughty:

I also clearly remember dancing right beside Mika (:wub2:), and Martin going by bouncing around on one of the balloons.

I remember that in Montréal I didn't see the crowd very well cause the spots were so bright it was blinding... in Toronto I saw it a little better cause it was smaller and in NYC I was so relaxed that I could take in what was happening, made eye-contact with people in the crowd lol

And yeah we want to see the vid Laura !!! I also have one that Danie took that showcases me hehehe... great memories !!

Ahh i love hearing other peoples perspectives. i just remember being sooooooo happy on stage. it's like, and too your right is mika, and to your left is mikey and a big girl dancer, and straight ahead are over a thousand people, many taking your picture and video! hahaha, i really hope Nedja calls next time! I would so do it again!!! I had a a super dorky dream about all of this last night lol it was like a reproduction of toronto, only it was in a different place, so amazing.

I didn't get to talk to mikas mum and not really the band all that much, but i did talk to Yasmine, she is really really nice, her and mika are soo alike its insane! lol

I love hearing it from other peoples perspectives as well !!!

And yeah I think it was prolly one of the most happiest moments in my life !!!

Oh and yeah Mika remembers don't you worry... it's actually quite freaky the memory he has !!

He remembers. For sure. Stop it. lol

Is it really stupid that that just made my night? I can sleep well now- thanks! i was actually worried!:blush-anim-cl::blush-anim-cl:

i'll off to bed now. TTFN =]

Goodn night !!!

He remembered me from when we had met in June. He looked at the picture of us that I asked him to sign and he said "I remember you! I still have that gift that you gave me." I then gave him the new gift that I made for him.

I wish I could stay and chat more with you ladies, but I just got in an argument with my sister and am feeling quite depressed at the moment...so I guess I will check here some other time... :(

Isn't it a great feeling when he remembers you !

I'm sorry you and your sister got into an argument... hope you'll work things out...

Yes, i remember when we were talking to her before mika came in we were talking about future tours and she said something along the lines of "Oh yes, we plan on keeping the same lollipop girls for the same area." and i said something like "really? oh cool, i'll definitely do it again." i think you were there weren't you? do you remember that?

Yeah she did say that in Toronto I remember. And after the show in NYC she told me FOR SURE she was gonna call me next time... hope it's true !!

You guys are so lucky to have met Mika AND have him remember you:thumb_yello:

I HIGHLY doubt that Mika will ever remember me (and I wouldn't expect him to...) because when I gave him my gift, it was probably past midnight at that point and it was dark and he was sick and he was tired and he probably didn't even see my face. But if I do ever see him again (which may happen in the event that I become a Lollipop Girl *cough hint hint cough*...he he) I want to ask him what he did with the present I gave him...