The Vampire Weekend Thread.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yay! someone else likes them!!!

how did you first hear of VW?

First saw them on MTV2, then searched info on them in the internet.

Their music is very refreshing i think and original. :D

626520_53447_1.jpg

has anyone heard of them??? they are amazing!!! i'm going to see them june 9 in miami.

Vampire Weekend- A-Punk.

hey! i have there cd on itunes! i luv em! i was thinking about them earlier too! lol ur lucky, i guess i will just have to wait til they come here

• 1 month later...

Yay, just finally stumbled on to this thread. Vampire weekend it absolutely amazing. YAY and we just ordered our tickets for their performance on Sept. 10 in St. Louis at The Pagent. And we are sooo excited.

cheeseygoodness, wow you actually ran into them before the concert??? Could you give us some more details of what all you did, like how long you waited in line and was their concert great?

The Meyer Twins

I

HEART

A-PUNK!

:naughty: i really love that song. i don't really remember how i found- oh wait yes i do. i think that song was free on Itunes one week, so i downloaded it and fell in love w/ it. unfortunatly no $$ to buy their cd:thumbdown:

Yay, just finally stumbled on to this thread. Vampire weekend it absolutely amazing. YAY and we just ordered our tickets for their performance on Sept. 10 in St. Louis at The Pagent. And we are sooo excited.

cheeseygoodness, wow you actually ran into them before the concert??? Could you give us some more details of what all you did, like how long you waited in line and was their concert great?

The Meyer Twins

i did! well, we got to the venue about 2 hours before the doors opened, and there were only about 7 people ahead of us. i couldn't believe it! we were sitting on the floor when my friend says "isn't that ezra?" in a calm tone. and i was like "omg where?!!" and i barely see them walk by, about 50 ft ahead of me. so i run around the corner where i saw them, and there was the box office. i walk in and there they were!!!! when i walked in, i made a huge dramatic gasp, and they all turned around, so i was like "omg, i love you guys!" and ezra was like "hey, you're going to the show?". in my head i was thinking why would i be at the venue and freaking out over them if i wasn't going to the show? so i told him "yes!!! i'm second in line!" and said "cool, we're about to do a sound check." and one of them said that they weren't being let in. so we walked out of the box office, and i was following them into the entrance where we were waiting, and they still weren't let it. and rostam was telling the employees to look at their posters, and this woman walked all around the building, and she couldn't find a poster, so i showed her my CD booklet and she told me "i'm gonna have to check with management". and then they walked inside, and they were standing in front of the door for like, 5 more minutes and i guess they finally believed them. i thought that it was so ironic, cause they were standing in front of a "sold out" sign.

we got front row and it was in front of rostam (♥) and they were AMAZING!!! they played "walcott" last, and it was just aaaaawsome!!! they didn't do a meet a greet after the show, but we met the opening band, and they were cool. not like midway state, these guys were a bit more disfunctional.

band2.jpg

band.jpg

band3.jpg

VW3.jpg

rostam had the most amazing calves, ever!!! ♥♥♥

roscalves.jpg

opening band.

hkg.jpg

hotkeyboardguyandwhitet-shirtguy.jpg

i did! well, we got to the venue about 2 hours before the doors opened, and there were only about 7 people ahead of us. i couldn't believe it! we were sitting on the floor when my friend says "isn't that ezra?" in a calm tone. and i was like "omg where?!!" and i barely see them walk by, about 50 ft ahead of me. so i run around the corner where i saw them, and there was the box office. i walk in and there they were!!!! when i walked in, i made a huge dramatic gasp, and they all turned around, so i was like "omg, i love you guys!" and ezra was like "hey, you're going to the show?". in my head i was thinking why would i be at the venue and freaking out over them if i wasn't going to the show? so i told him "yes!!! i'm second in line!" and said "cool, we're about to do a sound check." and one of them said that they weren't being let in. so we walked out of the box office, and i was following them into the entrance where we were waiting, and they still weren't let it. and rostam was telling the employees to look at their posters, and this woman walked all around the building, and she couldn't find a poster, so i showed her my CD booklet and she told me "i'm gonna have to check with management". and then they walked inside, and they were standing in front of the door for like, 5 more minutes and i guess they finally believed them. i thought that it was so ironic, cause they were standing in front of a "sold out" sign.

we got front row and it was in front of rostam (♥) and they were AMAZING!!! they played "walcott" last, and it was just aaaaawsome!!! they didn't do a meet a greet after the show, but we met the opening band, and they were cool. not like midway state, these guys were a bit more disfunctional.

band2.jpg

band.jpg

band3.jpg

VW3.jpg

rostam had the most amazing calves, ever!!! ♥♥♥

roscalves.jpg

opening band.

hkg.jpg

hotkeyboardguyandwhitet-shirtguy.jpg

WOW what an awesome story and photos wow! Thank you for that. We are sooo excited that one of their tour places ended up being St. Louis. Can't wait for Sept. 10.

I love vampire weekend I came across them spring 2007. I was suppose to see them in Salt Lake City december 2007 at this really small venue here called Kilby Court. It ended up starting to snow that night but when I left work to go I decided I was still going to try and go. I got to the freeway (it was a 20min drive that night when normally it is a 5 min drive) and traffic was so backed up. In that time period it started coming down faster and harder as well. I realized that it was probably going to take me a good hour to get the the venue (normally a 15min drive) and by the time I got there I would have been late. So I turned around and went home. I talked to some people who went later on who went. They said there were about 30-40 people there (this place fits 175-200 in winter) but it was a really good show.

I finally got to see them this past March. Originally they were scheduled to play Kilby Court again (in warmer weather it holds about 250-275) but it sold out and had to be moved to a venue that holds 400. (actually it's the other side of the venue where Mika played). I was front row for that show. Said hi to them before the show and than actually met them after the show. I had to wait a good 45min to do so, but I was able to do it.

I love vampire weekend I came across them spring 2007. I was suppose to see them in Salt Lake City december 2007 at this really small venue here called Kilby Court. It ended up starting to snow that night but when I left work to go I decided I was still going to try and go. I got to the freeway (it was a 20min drive that night when normally it is a 5 min drive) and traffic was so backed up. In that time period it started coming down faster and harder as well. I realized that it was probably going to take me a good hour to get the the venue (normally a 15min drive) and by the time I got there I would have been late. So I turned around and went home. I talked to some people who went later on who went. They said there were about 30-40 people there (this place fits 175-200 in winter) but it was a really good show.

I finally got to see them this past March. Originally they were scheduled to play Kilby Court again (in warmer weather it holds about 250-275) but it sold out and had to be moved to a venue that holds 400. (actually it's the other side of the venue where Mika played). I was front row for that show. Said hi to them before the show and than actually met them after the show. I had to wait a good 45min to do so, but I was able to do it.

Great that you got to meet them. How long did you wait before the show??? And where did you meet them before the show? We can't wait till Sept. 10th for St. Louis.

Hey, we're almost the same age.

• 2 weeks later...

My sister mentioned this band to me, so after a long hiatus away from wanting to listen to any new North American music (besides Katy Perry and Lights), I thought I'd check them out.

I'm actually quite liking their 2 most popular songs at the moment ("A-Punk" and "Oxford Comma") :thumb_yello:

They sort of remind me of an American, Indie-Ska-sounding Fratellis.