Oldlings Part 19

Wendi

I work for the Government...seems like there aren't as many rights when you work for them. I asked for paid leave and that's what they are having a hard time with. But, in regs, it states that it can be given. I'm now on day 15 without an answer so, I'm probably going to file a grievance and a complaint with the Dept of Labor. I have medical appointments on Monday and they want me to come in work that day. I don't know which part of, "I'm sick" they don't understand.

My Doctor wanted me to have a month off to get better and gave a note and everything. My Commander is just well, for a lack of a better word that can be used on here....MEAN!!

I don't know how they can get away with that. Have you not got

workers rights over there? The doctors here write a sick-note - and

thats all it takes!!

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Laurel,

Good luck with winning those tickets! Hope you get them. Yes, Curly Locks makes everything a little more bearable. :naughty:

Hi guys... god have I had alot to catch up on on some of these threads since last night.... Sometimes It's not very wise to bugger off at 7.30pm.... :wink2:

Really hope I do though... I've missed them, though Curly Locks has made that alittle more bearable... :wub2:

How is everyone anyway... :bleh:

That is really rotten Charlotte - if you get worse just tell them you

are going to sue them - that should put the wind up them!!! :sneaky2:

Hiya Laurel - I will keep my fingers crossed for you to win the tickets!! :thumb_yello:

thanks laurel for letting us know about this competition.

i wish we could have something similar in the future, but...in every country!

i mean, if it's valid only for the UK ppl (or US ppl) what about us, liìving abroad?

it should be done in every country the artist is going to tour! :thumb_yello:

OH, Yes, that has crossed my mind. My Mother is really angry about it all. She does all she can not to call the Commander and give him a piece of her mind. I have to remind Mum that I'm a grown up and that she really can't do that now. :naughty:

That is really rotten Charlotte - if you get worse just tell them you

are going to sue them - that should put the wind up them!!! :sneaky2:

Hiya Laurel - I will keep my fingers crossed for you to win the tickets!! :thumb_yello:

OH, Yes, that has crossed my mind. My Mother is really angry about it all. She does all she can not to call the Commander and give him a piece of her mind. I have to remind Mum that I'm a grown up and that she really can't do that now. :naughty:

I know how she feels :blush-anim-cl: When my oldest son was nearly

at dropping point, and still having to put in 70 hour weeks it took all

my self control not to phone his boss and give him a rocket!! :naughty:

thanks laurel for letting us know about this competition.

i wish we could have something similar in the future, but...in every country!

i mean, if it's valid only for the UK ppl (or US ppl) what about us, liìving abroad?

it should be done in every country the artist is going to tour! :thumb_yello:

I know with all the Blur Fan Club gigs I went to... (I went to four) they were all in the UK too... (3 were in London and 1 in Birmingham)... I know Blur Fans were abit miffed at the time if they weren't UK residents, they didn't really get a look in...

Franz have mostly only done UK Fan Club things too... but to give them their due, the Fanclub has only been going for just over a year.

I was a member of Blur's for over 10 years so they didn't have that excuse.

I hope if Mika does something like this he'll think of those Mika fans abroad. Not that I'll complain if he does do London of course :wub2:

I just don't like seeing people miss out :thumbdown:

this is what caught my eye at the library (I briefly considered War & Peace!)

Dickens- Mystery of Edwin Drood

Sinclair Lewis-Main Street

Theodore Dreiser/F. Scott Fitzgerald- collections of short stories.

and- because it looks like fun: Hairstyles of the Damned by Joe Meno.

My neighborhood library is really small, I prefer the huge one dontown, but that will have to wait a few more weeks until I can ride the train comfortably.

now I'm exhausted and must take a nap!

bye for now-

Happy reading, Leona! Do you ever listen to books on tape/CD? I find it helps to make drudge work bearable (maybe even enjoyable!) Also may be easier for you to rest and heal this way. *pictures Leona, eyes closed, feet up and smile on her face as she listens to story* :thumb_yello:

Robi, this will pass. Thank you! You know, in my experience, I've noticed that whenever something bad happens to me, something more incredible happens later. So, just have to stick this out to see what that incredible something is. :blush-anim-cl:

CHARLIE!

i feel for you.....all this story is awful.

really hope you can sort all things out SOON! :wub2:

Hey Charlotte! sounds like your "commander" has a little too much control over employees and a too little human compassion. Hope things get sorted out, and you get the chance to recuperate properly. :huglove:

Laurel, good luck with winning those tix! :thumb_yello:

Hello everyone! How are we all? Charlie, sorry to see you are still having problems:thumbdown:

Hi Laurel...........I hope you get the tickets!

Hello everyone else too!

Wendi, has the t shirt thread been started? Where is it?

Hello everyone! How are we all? Charlie, sorry to see you are still having problems:thumbdown:

Hi Laurel...........I hope you get the tickets!

Hello everyone else too!

Wendi, has the t shirt thread been started? Where is it?

Not sure - will go look and then report back!! :thumb_yello:

Thanks for you best wishes on those tickets....

Have a pressie from me ... as I'm bored... :)

1048033sl7.jpg

:wub2::wub2:

One of my fave pics of him ever.... just lurverly :wub2:

That is definitely one of my favourites as well!!! :wub2::wub2: