Cant sleep

wolfs_cry

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know...yesterday I was on for like 6 or 7 hours and didn't end up going to bed until 2 or 2:30...and didn't finish all my homework.

What can you do...

- haha, stay on here until your eyes shut..haha

- read, watch TV

stalk away :P or maybe im stalking you...aha the tables have turned!!!

yeh i think staying on here is a bad idea, too many brite colors but as soon as i leave this website alone i look round my room see my mika pictures and go straight back on...ARGH im in a wee pickle here :P its Mika too surely i should be excused :lmfao:

stalk away :P or maybe im stalking you...aha the tables have turned!!!

yeh i think staying on here is a bad idea, too many brite colors but as soon as i leave this website alone i look round my room see my mika pictures and go straight back on...ARGH im in a wee pickle here :P its Mika too surely i should be excused :lmfao:

Yeah another scot:punk: I know the feeling, i think to myself ok 5 more mins then that turns into half an hour:roftl: But It's all worht it for M:punk:

I don't sleep much either.

All I can suggest is to have the radio on low in the background(on a chatshow, not music!), and the room dark. Breath deeply, an try to keep the room a middle/ if anything cooler temperature.

If not, just watch tv or walk around until you are tired!:naughty:

And never try to count sheep, never works, I just spend too long concentrating on what number I got up to!:mf_rosetinted:

The glow of a tv or computer monitor contributes greatly to insomnia. The best thing you can do is sit in the dark, but that's boring. Still, you need to get away from glowing screens.

If you are cold, take a warm shower/bath. If you are hot, take a cool one.

Chamomile tea, warm milk, and turkey all have soothing effects. Choose one because all three at once can make your belly too full, which just keeps you up longer.

Having a nightly routine that doesn't involve glowing screens usually helps. My routine is to brush my teeth, put on lip balm, and moisturize my face. I have a stadard scenario or two that I run through my head, which seems to help my brain settle into sleep mode.

When all of that doesn't work, I write with pen and paper. I write nonsense. I write whatever is in my head. It doesn't matter what ends up on the page. It's an easy way of wearing out my brain because it has to come up with words, translate them into symbols, and move my hand across the pages to make those symbols. If drawing is more your thing, that might help. Some people find that reading books helps (books don't glow.)

When nothing else works, I sit in front of the glowing screen until sleep takes me.

Yes, I think a routine is the kee.

To slowly calm down by doing the same thing every night helps the body and brain to realize it's time to fall asleep.:thumb_yello:

• 2 months later...